Online Eraser Button To Allow CA Teens to Delete Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Eraser Button To Allow CA Teens to Delete Posts

I find this interesting, though actual implications of this, for all websites everywhere, seems incredibly difficult, assuming if there is an actual button, rather than contacting administrators about this.

Re: Online Eraser Button To Allow CA Teens to Delete Posts

Ptthpththtptptt...

The idea of a universal delete button on the internet is just silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Unus Mundus View Post
      Ptthpththtptptt...

Even the idea itself of erasing anything on the net once enter has been pressed seems foolish. It's like a spoken word , once uttered there is no getting it back.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
        Even the idea itself of erasing anything on the net once enter has been pressed seems foolish. It's like a spoken word , once uttered there is no getting it back.
        The whole idea of granting people an "erase" button just lets people be more idiotic and lazy when speaking, giving them the chance to go "Doesn't matter what I say, I can just delete it later anyway!" its just stupid, it gives people more room to not think about what is coming out of their mouths or what they are putting on to computer screens!

Comment

I think it's an awful idea. The reason why is it just fosters even LESS need to think before posting. Realizing that actions have consequences is an important life lesson.
          "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Politics is going to be really interesting in a few decades when people who've been using the internet since childhood start running for office and having the shit they posted on myspace when they were 13 dug up by opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
              Politics is going to be really interesting in a few decades when people who've been using the internet since childhood start running for office and having the shit they posted on myspace when they were 13 dug up by opponents.
              I'll happily be there with the pop-corn

Comment

Originally posted by Unus Mundus View Post
                Ptthpththtptptt...

I like the idea of a universal erase button.
                I am a woman in a mans body and I hate being in the wrong body. I want out of this body. It's like a prison cell.

I used to be known as AdamKane in these parts.

Hail Satan.

Comment

Originally posted by Vigdisdotter View Post
                  I think it's an awful idea. The reason why is it just fosters even LESS need to think before posting. Realizing that actions have consequences is an important life lesson.
                  I completely agree. I think it's silly to have an "erase button" because then these minors will never learn. They need to learn to think before they post.

Comment

Lots of people don't think before they post, even when there isn't an *erase* option. There are unfortunately a lot of examples on this very forum that people obviously don't think before they post and we don't allow the deletion of posts. And the software here saves pre-edited copies of posts that only staff can view. :P

(Yeah, I said it. Been fighting the urge not to, but I gave in.)
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Text of the Bill

Shrug, it's interesting. I'm a little curious on how certain provisions will be interpreted in real world scenarios and it's not active till Jan 1, 2015 so I'm gonna ignore it for a few months. I may pay it a second thought around this time next year.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                      X