Any idea what this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea what this is?

I was laying in bed, completely awake, I was daydreaming. Just about random stuff. In my daydream, I was standing in front of a vending machine, then I fell. Now, in reality, my whole body jerked, like I was about to fall, but couldn't. So my body just moved down the bed.

This has happened before, only when I was awake. It mostly happens when I'm daydreaming about doing something, and in that daydream, I'm moving around or something.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Any idea what it is?

Thanks for your answers, I really appreciate it.
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Re: Any idea what this is?

It almost sounds like the jolt or shiver that one experiences when their astral and physical bodies try to separate. Usually part of astral projection or an Out Of Body Experience (O.B.E.). Most often achieved during the period as we start to fall asleep or during a period of relaxation or meditation. Though it can be induced with practice.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I've never been successful with Astral Projection. Every time I try, I stop breathing, though I do try to focus on my breathing, and the fact that I want to stay alive.
      "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by Quin7900 View Post
        I've never been successful with Astral Projection. Every time I try, I stop breathing, though I do try to focus on my breathing, and the fact that I want to stay alive.
        That's one of the fears I hear most often about. I know for me I breathe much deeper and my respiration rate slows down which initially made it seem like I might stop breathing. Yet once you realize that your not going to stop it helps. For me it was the realization that breathing is a primordial function or low order function so will continue on its own. The mind can basically be removed and the body will continue its baser functions.

Comment

I was able to breath. It was more like I was stopping myself from breathing. It didn't feel right, so out of place.

Comment

I was able to breath. It was more like I was stopping myself from breathing. It didn't feel right, so out of place.
            That one is harder to address given I'm not sure what your implying. For me the weight in my chest seemed heavy and my lungs where pressing down as the two bodies moved away from alignment. So much so that I started to focus more on my breathing vice just settling into myself and forgetting my breathing or heartbeat as it pounded in my ears. In essence I was so focused on ensuring I was breathing that I made it harder to breath and forced my lungs to respond differently than my body was trying to make them respond.

Comment

It was hard to breath when I forst attempted astral projection. I ended up cutting myself off from it on my own. I was basically holding my breath, thinking that the rise and fall of my chest from my breathing was disturbing things. That I wouldn't be able to concentrate over my constant moving.

Comment

It was hard to breath when I forst attempted astral projection. I ended up cutting myself off from it on my own. I was basically holding my breath, thinking that the rise and fall of my chest from my breathing was disturbing things. That I wouldn't be able to concentrate over my constant moving.
                That clears that aspect up for me. Something you might consider is the relaxing of individual body parts vice trying to relax all at once. The main method I am aware of calls for you to be sitting or laying down then start with the toes. Basically you focus upon them then back up the foot, then the ankle, the legs, etc. For me when it was done right you get sort of a cold sensation in them as they relax but also seem to be detached from the body. The same thing of course for the finger to the hands to the wrist, etc until you've relaxed all the external parts of the body and move into the torso and eventually the head.

Comment

Okay, but when I'm not trying Astral Projection, why do I still have those jerky movements while I day dream?

Comment

Okay, but when I'm not trying Astral Projection, why do I still have those jerky movements while I day dream?
                    I can only guess but i'd say your body is relaxing to the point where your almost free falling into it. Most of the people I've known who do that usually get either a jerky sensation, almost like spasms in their body, or they experience a falling sensation. Some of them experiencing spontaneous projection during sleep or periods where they get into a trance like state. Ironically one method I've heard a few times is from watching the white lines on the road while driving then becoming so relaxed they just fall or jump out of their body.

I always worried when I drove as it was not uncommon to get a tunnel vision type projection when I was sleepy or tired. When I let my mind daydream or fantasize i would experience the falling sensation where I jerk as I tried to reach out and catch myself.

Comment

That's happened to me before, where I would experience the falling sensation and try to grab something or catch myself somehow. I ended up faling off of my bed, which is rather high. A loft bed. So what is AP like?

Comment

Hypnic jerk anyone?
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

That's happened to me before, where I would experience the falling sensation and try to grab something or catch myself somehow. I ended up faling off of my bed, which is rather high. A loft bed. So what is AP like?
                          That's harder to explain as I think it differs for each person. Some basic aspects I suppose would be the sense of falling or jerking out of the body. A light sensation like your floating away but initially a fear of getting trapped in a wall or being unable to escape your room. Many times a sort of shock when you look back and see your body laying where you left it at.

The thing for me though is that Ap or OBE can be into the depths of the body and mental landscape, outside of the body yet remain in the physical or projection where it seems like you've moved outside of time and space. Within the self is harder to describe as that I believe is created by each of us with our own symbology and construction. Outside the body but within the physical is like remote viewing where you see things in real time or like dream projection where you go to a friends house and see what they are doing then have it confirmed by them. It may also be where you see things from many heights and appear to be flying, deep swimming, etc. Outside of time and space is harder to describe for in some ways it's like going to a place then stepping through time and being there in some historical period. The really big difference though is that when you step outside of time and space you never seem to have any connnction to your body where in the others it seems you have a remote impression of what is transpiring around you. I would add that many times what you experience within is difficult to disprove it being within and not without.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          Hypnic jerk anyone?
                          Care to expound? I've never been under hypnosis so do not know if there is a jerk sensation upon returning or not. Because of the clearances I held it was never an option to experience.

Comment

I thought it could be that Medusa. BUt is it when you're only about to fall asleep?

- - - Updated - - -

I havent tried AP in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              Hypnic jerk anyone?
                              Now I feel the fool I read hypnotic jerk not hypnic jerk here. But I though that was only associated with sleep disorders or sleep routines.

Comment

Working...
                              X