Taoist magic and the texts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taoist magic and the texts.

I was trying to find some esoteric Taoist texts involving spiritual power and magic I can learn. Some of these texts seemed to have what I need like healing, defense, learning how to attack and defend myself against sorcerers and entities and telekinesis. However in some of those texts they tell you how to do blood magic, blood sacrifices, sex magic and even stealing the soul of a coma victim? These seems to have good holy magic but some of these magic techniques seem to be unethical or bad. Are these texts are just a collection of any Taoist magic, both good and bad? Shouldn't I question these methods and articles that have unethical or bad stuff in it? What am I reading really, a good book or a bad book? I do know magic can be very dangerous and dabbling into unholy books have consequences. I just want to be sure what I'm reading is good and won't do any harm to me or anyone else. Is there any other Taoist magic and spiritual power books I can read other than this because these methods are more than questionable.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone knew about this or if anyone can tell me if this is good or bad texts. I would also appreciate it if anyone else knew of any other Taoist magic texts.

Re: Taoist magic and the texts.

I don't know anything about Taoist magic, but I'd say your best bet is to examine them from a utilitarian point of view, instead of getting caught up in abstract concepts of inherent good or evil. Does it create harm as a result, or require causing harm to enact? Then put it aside. If not, I'd say it's probably safe (although given some of what you described, potentially a little unrealistic).

Just a thought, but I'd be very wary by default of any website pushing the purchase of books which are all written by the owner of said website. If there's noone else vouching for the veracity of the content you're looking at a huge potential for scams or misinformation.

The dude also runs 'private classes' for $800/hour, so.... yeah.
    Last edited by Aeran; 07 Oct 2013, 07:38.

Comment

You might be looking at collections of junk magic (i.e. Esoteric thrillers).

Try The Secret of the Golden Flower for something more coherent. It won't teach you cool Juju, but it will give you the real deal on Taoist magic.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm not exactly sure if that book would be good. It's a meditation book not a magical book, although it wouldn't hurt to learn new meditation techniques but I am not entirely sure if it's something I'm looking for. Magic or at least spritual techniques such as telekinesis, sensing and projecting auras and stuff like that. For some reason Taoist power seems to be quite unknown. Hardly anyone knows anything about that. I just basically need to increase my power for not only reaching a certain enlightenment but to protect myself and others against those who would use magic to curse or hex others.

Comment

This is something new to me I must admit but it sounds no like no harm involved, maybe because I have never read that book.
          No sig for you.

Comment

Working...
          X