A home that isnt a home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A home that isnt a home

I have just moved out of mums place for the third time (as she and my step dad has split and the house will be sold). I have moved in with my uncle which isnt that far away. I feel like a guest there at the moment and I am fairly limited on space.

What suggestions do people have to make it feel like more of a home without stepping on my uncles toes.
    There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
    William Wordsworth

Re: A home that isnt a home

Cook him and everyone in the house a dinner. Something simple and easy. It will make you feel more comfy in the home and might break the ice.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I like Medusa's idea. I did that with my husbands family when I stayed with them for a while. Just pitch in where ever you can, soon enough it won't feel weird at all.

Comment

This may sound really really weird... but I've moved around a lot and there are only really 3 things aside from time that make a space feel more homey to me. In this order:

1. Clean- it gets you familiarized and you 'get to know' your space and all its quirks and details.
        2. Cook- particularly comfort food.
        3. Decorate- try to make at least a small part of that space your own. It doesn't need to be any kind of elaborate decoration, for awhile I just kept my throw blankets and some statues around.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          Cook him and everyone in the house a dinner. Something simple and easy. It will make you feel more comfy in the home and might break the ice.
          Definitely read this as "Cook him and everyone else in the house as dinner".

I suppose if you did that, the house really would be all yours.

Comment

Working...
          X