Heathen Census 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heathen Census 2013

Why a heathen census? Heathens have been mostly invisible in major surveys of religious affiliation. When heathens do respond to surve...

The only information this census us asking is the nation in which you live. As it explains, it's goal us to get a more accurate view of the followers of the Northern Gods, since in most of these type polls we become lumped in as Wiccan, no religious preference, etc. BTW, this is a pretty good site in general, worth a bit of a browse. Please share with others you know, let's be counted
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
    Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Re: Heathen Census 2013

Done

Though I see Australia has a bit of catching up to do lol. I'm sure there are more of us around here...

Comment

Done. Though it is dangerous to subject me to these things since now I want to make a more detailed one. Which I certainly don't have time for right now.
      Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
        Done

Though I see Australia has a bit of catching up to do lol. I'm sure there are more of us around here...
        Then pass the word to anyone/everyone that you know who might fit the pollster's criteria.
        I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Clan of my Clan
        Kin of my Kin
        Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,

Comment

As much as I try not to make any false claim, I felt compelled, nonetheless.

So. Done.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I though I had said on here that I was going to share this with some of my groups and on my blog...but I guess I didn't.

...so now I have (shared it, and said so)
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

I have been... censutized

Comment

Done,

I'm surprised Australia is beating Iceland...
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Going by the CIA's world factbook, Australia's Population population estimate was 22,262,501 as of this past July.

Iceland, same time frame and also CIA world factbook was estimated at 315,281.

Percentage-wise, Iceland is kicking Australia's a** without even noticing. It's just hard to win in raw numbers when you're outnumbered by about 70 to 1.

EDIT: Also to note, percentage wise, Iceland is kicking US a** so badly it's not really funny for the same basic reason.
                  Last edited by MaskedOne; 10 Oct 2013, 18:01.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    Going by the CIA's world factbook, Australia's Population population estimate was 22,262,501 as of this past July.

Iceland, same time frame and also CIA world factbook was estimated at 315,281.

Percentage-wise, Iceland is kicking Australia's a** without even noticing. It's just hard to win in raw numbers when you're outnumbered by about 70 to 1.

EDIT: Also to note, percentage wise, Iceland is kicking US a** so badly it's not really funny for the same basic reason.
                    Haha I wondered if it was something like that! Thanks for the numbers
                    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                    Seen the desert and the birds
                    You cut your hair short
                    Like a shush to an insult
                    The world had been yelling
                    Since the day you were born
                    Revolting with anger
                    While it smiled like it was cute
                    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

A count for Canada
                      "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

1 for Norway!
                        "The idea is to be whispering, and not to gain the attention from the flock, but to get attention from the individuals. That's why I relate it to whispering. It's not something you can put on a big scale; you can't get sheep to attend to it. You need to have people who can stand for themselves. It is important to have a lot of space for yourself to be able to grow strong branches, which can stand in the most extreme surroundings."

Gaahl

Comment

Put in my check mark!

Comment

Bumping this up. Only a couple days left. If you haven't voted, please do, and pass the word. Where are the Europeans?!?

Clan of my Clan
                            Kin of my Kin
                            Blood of my Blood

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                              Bumping this up. Only a couple days left. If you haven't voted, please do, and pass the word. Where are the Europeans?!?
                              On non-English speaking boards I think. I have noticed a tendency in my fellow Scadinavic Heathens lately to avoid English speaking boards, there are too great a chance of running into rabid, fundementalist recons, or Arian supremesists. I know that isn't the case here, but it is unfortunately far to common a thing. So a good portion pf the Scandinavic Heathens have simply turned their back on the North American Heathens and anything that has to do with them.
                              Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Working...
                              X