Mass Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mass Effect

To go along with the dragon age thread, who here plays mass effect?

Did you play the whole trilogy?
    Male or Female Shepard?
    Class?
    Who did you romance?
    Favorite companion?
    What did you think of the end of Mass Effect 3?

lol I think I have an obsession with this game.

Re: Mass Effect

Played 2 and 3. I've used all classes at various points and like most of them. I don't use Adept much any more but the others all have interesting features. Romance is either Miranda or n/a. Nothing I have to say about the original ending is appropriate for this section of the forum and the only thing I'll say about the extended cut is that it's a marginal improvement.

Hmm, favorite companion varied. In 2, Miranda probably had the role both due to being the LI and an effective debuffer of just about everything (maxed out warp and overload in one character who also happens to be token fanservice, where do I sign again?). The second slot in 2 tended to rotate a lot with Mordin possibly leading slightly. I didn't bother much with Jack or Zaeed and I've never used Morinth (I have a tendency toward benevolent characters. Morinth, being an unrepentant serial killer, dies every single time). ME3, Garrus and EDI see a lot of use. Vega never really caught my interest one way or another. Kaidan/Ashley irk me on a good day and Tali is just sort of there. I haven't picked up any of the paid DLC for 3 so I don't have an opinion yet on the Prothean npc.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Re: Mass Effect

Did you play the whole trilogy?
      Male or Female Shepard?
      Class?
      Who did you romance?
      Favorite companion?
      What did you think of the end of Mass Effect 3?
      Yup, like I said in the DA thread, played it through over the course of a year or so and just finished it last week. Finishing it made me really excited to do another playthrough, so I reloaded ME1 and started all over again with a totally different character.

Male Adept Shepard, mostly paragon, then restarted as female, Infiltrator I think it's called? The solder/tech hybrid class, who's gonna be much more renegade.

Ashley in the first game, then Miranda in the second and third. Going to go with Liara in the next playthrough, she honestly seems the coolest of the bunch.

Honestly I'd have an impossible time picking a single favorite, the game is so well written and designed that most of them are really intriguing. DLC's bother on general principle, so I don't know about any of the extra characters. The ones I liked in general and found most interesting were:

Garrus, Wrex, Liara, Jack, Mordin , EDI and James. I can't pick any I specifically don't like, but they're the ones I found the most interesting and engaging in terms of background/storyline/personality.

Like I said in the other thread, don't understand why the ending upset so many people to such an extent. It wasn't perfect, without the DLC it doesn't give nearly enough info about the rest of the characters and what happens with them, and I was really annoyed that despite quite a complete playthrough I apparently didn't do enough to unlock the Synthesis ending, for which the requirements seem arbitrarily high, but it certainly wasn't game-ruiningly bad like a lot of people seemed to feel. With the amount of bitching there was when the game came out, you'd think a post it note popped up saying 'you killed the reapers, saved galaxy, gj bro' and roll to credits.

Comment

Working...
      X