The Promised Holy One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Promised Holy One?

A lot of religions seem to have this. That there will be a holy one to emerge to save everyone. The Jews with The Messiah, The Christians with Jesus, The Zoroastrians with Saoshyant, the Hindus with the 10th Avatar of Vishnu, the Taoists with Li Hong who is the reincarnation of Lao Tzu. There's supposed to be a promised holy one that will save everyone and or bring elightenment to everyone. But where are they? Different religions have different promised holy ones and there's different prophecies of how they will show up but why haven't they shown up? From all of these different religions none of them have come to light our darkest hour and they never gave a specific date on when they'd show up. Thousands of years have passed and nothing has changed yet You'd think after all that, at least ONE of these saviors would show up. Did any of these deities or holy people promised that they would indeed show up or did we just want them to show up again? What's your take on this? Is there any other religions with promised holy ones and if so do you think they will show up?

Re: The Promised Holy One?

Yeah... my system doesn't have a 'holy one destined to save everyone'...

Comment

I don't really think that the world has even hit it's "Darkest hour", for these savors of very specific religions to even show up. However, I hold no beliefs of some holy person or savour showing up during some massively horrific event.
      Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Alienist View Post
        A lot of religions seem to have this. That there will be a holy one to emerge to save everyone. The Jews with The Messiah, The Christians with Jesus, The Zoroastrians with Saoshyant, the Hindus with the 10th Avatar of Vishnu, the Taoists with Li Hong who is the reincarnation of Lao Tzu. There's supposed to be a promised holy one that will save everyone and or bring elightenment to everyone. But where are they? Different religions have different promised holy ones and there's different prophecies of how they will show up but why haven't they shown up? From all of these different religions none of them have come to light our darkest hour and they never gave a specific date on when they'd show up. Thousands of years have passed and nothing has changed yet You'd think after all that, at least ONE of these saviors would show up. Did any of these deities or holy people promised that they would indeed show up or did we just want them to show up again? What's your take on this? Is there any other religions with promised holy ones and if so do you think they will show up?
        The avatars have come before and they shall arrive in the future as well.

Comment

I dig the Dalai Llama.

Comment

I don't really believe in the ideals of a holy one to save us all. I do feel that in many circumstances this gives people hope and that's why it keep being reiterated in so many different religions. If there is indeed a "holy one" to save us all I think at this point they would have already come, lets be honest, there have been some pretty bad things that have happened or are happening in the world.

Comment

Drakes Drum (belonging to Sir Frances Drake) was supposed to have sounded across britain during the Battle of Britain in 1940. Anyway, who's to say they haven't shown up and been ignored?
              Or maybe things just aren't bad enough yet.

Either way, it doesn't bother me all that much.
              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I noticed that it seems that monotheistic faiths tend to have saviors. I don't know too many of the pagan religions that have saviors that will show up. Is there any in the Egyptian, Germanic or Greek faiths or the Wiccan faith? I'm not exactly sure if any of these promised holy ones will return. There's no specific date and I'm thinking that maybe the humans just said that they'll return just to keep the faith, so to speak. It's a shame because one or more of these saviors would really help things out. I'm hoping that things wouldn't have to be apocalyptic in order for them to show up. I just thought that it's strange that none of these saviors have shown up even after thousands of years of passed. Even htough it seems unlikely it would be good for at least ONE of these saviors to show up. Theres has always been a lot of bad things happening to the earth and a savior could really be helpful right about now.

Comment

Avatars are a rallying point, something to get people moving in the (supposed) right direction. They will not miraculously save humanity. It's up to humanity to do that itself. Avatars just show the way.

For the record, my path has no such thing. Plenty of gods and heroes, some being better role-models then others, but no saviour.
                  "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I think truly believing in some sort of "holy one" savior can be a problem. It can remove responsibility from individuals and communities and promote laziness of both thought and action. In the messiah mindset all any one needs to do is believe and somebody else will come save them; so rather than putting energy and resources into fixing whatever needs fixing in their neighborhood, city, country, whatever, they can wait for the savior to put everything right... some day. I think Ghandi had it right -- BE the change rather than simply believing it will show up when you need it. If the Holy One shows up, cool! In the mean time, BE the change you want to see.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

If you are following those teachings, I suggest that you should sometimes use you won understanding in some matters like the so called holy one to emerge. If it is true that there will be search a thing then its time has not yet come but as to my understanding and the fact that I believe to my traditional belief, I don't think search a thing will ever happen.
                      No sig for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X