What herbs are best for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What herbs are best for me?

I didn't know whether this went in General or Herbalism since most Herbalism topics tend to be about rituals or dreams. I decided that it would be best here.

I am not a person who enjoys relaxation (well, unless it's in nature). I strongly prefer to be full of energy, but my main concern is awareness. I LOVE the feeling of being fully aware of every sense going on around me at once. It's like walking through a forest and hearing every little crunch of twigs and bird song while your eyes dart from leaf to leaf and you smell the fresh air and your hands brushing against tree trunks and leaves. It's an absolutely amazing feeling anywhere. I desire this feeling always, but only from natural sources.

I like to do my health and side effects research. I have just made 100% pure green tea and I added honey, ginseng, and Ginkgo biloba. I used to drink Red Bull before I became interested in more natural things and green tea does the same trick for me: maximized awareness, although I'm not sure I'm feeling it one hundred percent at the moment. Oh, and I often use flaxseed oil on nights where I don't get much sleep to achieve a more restful sleep. I find that it does work.

So, does my concoction sound good? Anyone recommend anything else? I have researched my safety, but if anyone brings up any concerns I didn't know about, I'd be appreciative.

Re: What herbs are best for me?

That actually sounds good. Honey, Ginseng, and Ginkgo biloba are pretty safe from what I know.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Ginko bilabo causes blood thinning, so if you have blood problems, you may want to be careful.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        Ginko bilabo causes blood thinning, so if you have blood problems, you may want to be careful.
        Thanks for the information B. de Corbin. I certainly didn't know that. ^^
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Yeah, you would not want to consume Ginko biloba if you have any disorders of the blood. I don't though.

Comment

Cobra, you sound a great deal like myself. When people wish me peace I smile and grit my teeth. While I don't like war, peace is not what I am seeking either. I'll find my peace when I am dead. As a tracker, both as a profession and as a spiritual connection, being aware is very important to me. It's cool to meet someone who has these similar traits!

Your blend sounds wonderful. I would add a nourishment for the adrenals such as nettles as well just to keep them balanced because the ginseng (depending on what kind and where it is harvested) is a strong stimulant that can over power them and actually make you tired in the long run if they are not kept strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar View Post
              Cobra, you sound a great deal like myself. When people wish me peace I smile and grit my teeth. While I don't like war, peace is not what I am seeking either. I'll find my peace when I am dead. As a tracker, both as a profession and as a spiritual connection, being aware is very important to me. It's cool to meet someone who has these similar traits!

Your blend sounds wonderful. I would add a nourishment for the adrenals such as nettles as well just to keep them balanced because the ginseng (depending on what kind and where it is harvested) is a strong stimulant that can over power them and actually make you tired in the long run if they are not kept strong.
              I should've checked this forum subsection again long ago. Sorry for being so incredibly late. Nettles sound good; someone on PF wrote a blog about them being good for allergies, which I have a lot of. Where can I get stinging nettles?

Comment

Working...
              X