Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking a curse? (WARNING: Very long winded)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking a curse? (WARNING: Very long winded)

My mother and I were cursed years ago by my aunt, and anyone we closely associate with for extended periods of time (husbands, close family, ect.), also catches the backfire. Basically, it has made our lives, mine especially, a tribute to Murphy's Law. Whatever can go wrong will go wrong, and it will go wrong in the worst way possible, at the worst possible time, and when you least expect it.

She became very angry with us when my mother left my father because he had been beating us, and then my mom married another man. My aunt was known for incestuous relationships with her brother and other family members, even bearing her cousin's daughter, and she would not hear any wrong about her brother, whom she claimed to be in love with. There was a big fight. She ceased contact with us, and we have not seen her since. Shortly after that, the bad things started happening.

My mom was injured in a horrible car wreck, and left unable to work. My stepdad fell off of a building at work and was left crippled and unable to work. We were struggling to find places to live and food to eat. At school, where I had always been respected, I suddenly found myself with no friends, and this followed me wherever I went. I was abused by several different men and women over a span of 5 years. My mom had her gallbladder rupture. My dad got brain cancer, repeatedly. My dad was arrested for an "unpaid" ticket that he actually paid. My mom began bleeding uncontrollably between her moon cycles, and had to have a total hysterectemy. I had an ovarian cyst rupture. My dad was put on a medication for high blood pressure that canceled out his bi-polar meds, so the doctors put him on something else as well. This "something else" turned out to be an experimental new drug that made him have hallucinations, and caused him to commit a crime which sent him to prison for 2 years. My mom went crazy while he was gone, and became paranoid, believing that I was trying to poison her, when she knew very well which herbs I was using in her teas to calm her nerves so she could sleep better. I started dating the man who is now my husband, and had to fight a year-long uphill battle against her craziness so she wouldn't chase him off. My husband (then boyfriend) and I went to pick up my (normally sane) cousin and bring her over to visit, when she flipped because we wouldn't take her to her drug-dealer's house, and she attacked my husband, trying to choke him to death. When my husband and I were married, we fought tooth and nail for everything. No one would help us out, and everything was against us. Every time we get settled, something else comes along and yanks the rug out from under us.

The last straw was this previous month. We had one of our friends, who has been waiting for a very large inheritance (think hundreds of millions), offer to finance a farm for us, since we are now making an ok amount of money, but have very little credit history. We picked our farm out, and it was perfect. It was everything we'd dreamed of, from size, to even house style and the color of the house. Perfect location, and cheap. We made an offer, and were immediately accepted. At this time, the carrier who had the inheritance check had reached the US (from England). It was supposed to be less than a week before he handed it over to our friend. Then he got sick. Then three more offers came in on the house. The house that had sat on the market untouched for SIX MONTHS suddenly had three other offers on it. They agreed to wait for the check. Two weeks later, another carrier was sent to resume the transaction. He meandered about for another week, during which time, TWO MORE OFFERS went to the house. Then, the day he was supposed to meet up with our friend to sign the papers, he collapsed in his hotel room, and was deemed too sick to continue the job. So we lost the house, since the owner was forced to accept another offer. That was our dream home, in our dream location. Sh*t just got personal.

My aunt's ex-girlfriend stepped forward last week, and informed me that my aunt, who claims to be Wiccan, but doesn't follow the rede, cursed my mother and I after that altercation. I knew that she had cursed other people when I was younger (she has an awful temper), but I wouldn't have thought she'd curse family, let alone me when I was only 9. Her ex told me that the curse was one meant to work subtly so I would never think of a curse, I'd just think it was bad luck, but the harder I fought it, the harder it fought back, until it was blindingly obvious. It was specifically made to trip my mom and I when we least expect it, keep us down for a while, let us get up and take a couple of steps until we're confident again, and then knock us down again. She said she tried to talk her out of it, but she'd never seen her in such a rage. She used a tissue my mom had used to stop her nosebleed once, and one of my used menstrual supplies to bind it with our blood(we had stayed at her house for a week before the fight between her and my mother.) I have no idea how to even begin to fight this curse. And no, it isn't "me giving it power because I expect it to work", because I've only known about it for a week, and it's affected me for 13 years. I need help. A direction to go in to try to break this curse, because it won't let me and my family live our lives, no matter how hard I claw and fight. (And I'm known for my fight)

Please someone who practiced the Craft, help me. I have been taught some by my great grandmother, who is a witch, but I am mostly self-taught, and I am against a practicing witch of 30 years who is in a 13 member coven. I am at a clear disadvantage here.

^^^ Help us to hatch and grow with a click!
    ^^^

Re: Breaking a curse? (WARNING: Very long winded)

I asked the Little Woman's opinion on this one, and she recommends that each person currently affected do an un-crossing bath daily for thirteen consecutive days. She also recommends outward reflecting mirrors placed around your home, and if it's possible, at your work as well.
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
    Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

What you go through and people around you real and needs you to do something but I don't believe that your aunt may have a hand in it however I do believe that you need a cleansing spell to banish all negative energies.
      You will need a sea water but you can't get sea water then you can use water and salt, add some some coins in the water and bath your body, then after take the coins in the cross road and through them there but you must say:
      I need the person who will pick up these coins to go with all negativity and then walk straight without looking back.
      No sig for you.

Comment

I notice you mention native American spirituality and wonder why you've jumped to the conclusion of a curse and not the Native perspective you bring to you what your call. If you think bad things are coming then typically that is what you will bring and notice at the expense of everything else. Sort of the if your looking for bad then that is what you shall find whether it is actually supposed to be that way or not.

In truth I highly doubt a curse was directed or maintained for any amount of time. The focus, concentration and detachment needed to successfully cast such requires a whole lot of commitment and for though. Doesn't matter whether one has a coven or a whole nation behind them in that regard and in most instances it is always a single practitioner who casts a successful curse, hex or evil eye type spell. They don't typically bring in others as the focus and construction of the thing is then all screwed up and more difficult to maintain.

In my experience it's far more likely your were told something like that in the hopes you'd keep it going yourself by your belief and expectation of something bad happening. In that regard the first step in breaking it is to change your perspective about and towards it.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

An un-crossing bath? How would I go about that? I'm sure I could "google" it, but there's no telling what hullabaloo I'd find from unreliable sources.

^^^

Comment

In ancient Greece, people would post up notices stating that so-and-so had been cursed and once that was done fear and anxiety made much of it a self fulfilling prophecy.
            That said, some people do have the ability to brood and hex to an alarming degree.

Breaking a curse is not really about fighting back as such. It has to begin with cleansing work, yes, because negativity can seep into everything. But I strongly advise you to look for a picture that your aunt has given you (or concealed somewhere.) Longstanding curses (in my experience) often work through gifts that incorporate a picture, especially native or tribal art with hide, leather, grasses etc.

If you do find one, you need to destroy it (preferably by burning and sprinkling with salt, but watch because salt makes flames 'pop' sometimes.) Then dispose of the ashes into running water if you can (but NOT into a household drain). If you can't do that, bury them in the ground with plenty of salt over, above and around them.

Best of luck.
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Monsno: I do have good things in my life, but it is in spite of everything else. The good things I have are things I fought ferociously for. I fought and fought to keep the man I'm married to, though everything was against us at every turn. I usually am the kind of person to think you bring what you call, but I try and try and try, and fight, and always have faith that things will turn around, and they seem like they will... until they don't. I am by nature optimistic and easy going, but this has gotten under my skin and hurt me in as many ways as possible. Even two of the elders in my tribe believe that this is not natural. They've seen it, me and my husband being knocked down over and over, and before that, me and my parents. Nothing for us goes right on its own. We have to struggle and fight for ANYTHING good. We aren't bad people with bad Karma. In fact, my husband and I are often too nice, and get taken advantage of. I just want a REAL chance at a fair fight. The normal level of unluckiness people have would be fine with me. We don't want a free ride, we just want to not be constantly swimming up a waterfall.

- - - Updated - - -

Tylluan: Could it be any picture? Like just a decorative piece? I think my aunt gave my mom a framed picture of something at one point.

^^^

Comment

Originally posted by gentlestorm View Post
                An un-crossing bath? How would I go about that? I'm sure I could "google" it, but there's no telling what hullabaloo I'd find from unreliable sources.
                The Little Woman said to search at www.luckymojo.com so I did...

There are several to look through, so you ought to find something useful.
                I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
                Clan of my Clan
                Kin of my Kin
                Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post

There are several to look through, so you ought to find something useful.
                  Thanks. I'll take a look.

^^^

Comment

Monsno: I do have good things in my life, but it is in spite of everything else. The good things I have are things I fought ferociously for. I fought and fought to keep the man I'm married to, though everything was against us at every turn. I usually am the kind of person to think you bring what you call, but I try and try and try, and fight, and always have faith that things will turn around, and they seem like they will... until they don't. I am by nature optimistic and easy going, but this has gotten under my skin and hurt me in as many ways as possible. Even two of the elders in my tribe believe that this is not natural. They've seen it, me and my husband being knocked down over and over, and before that, me and my parents. Nothing for us goes right on its own. We have to struggle and fight for ANYTHING good. We aren't bad people with bad Karma. In fact, my husband and I are often too nice, and get taken advantage of. I just want a REAL chance at a fair fight. The normal level of unluckiness people have would be fine with me. We don't want a free ride, we just want to not be constantly swimming up a waterfall. ..
                    Sorry to hear about all of that. I am curious though what suggestions have those elders given you? I am assuming those elders are medicine people of some sort or you have spoken to medicine elders. The reason I say that is it seem's possible that something of a Skinwalker type usage is possibly being used if your Aunt is of Native American heritage as well. You do not mention what your tribe or nation is so I do not think it would be a Navajo Skinwalker but something equatable for your particular nation. As such the basis of a curse would be applied differently than you'd expect from a Wiccan or European backed practice.

I'd assume there would be more of a ash or bones dust component aspect to any magical curse or hex in that capacity. I do admit my knowledge of those practices is very limited and incomplete in regards to actual workings. Those I have known over the years who originated in the South Western Area of the US only speak of them in passing and do not go into to much detail for fear of attracting their attention upon themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                      Sorry to hear about all of that. I am curious though what suggestions have those elders given you? I am assuming those elders are medicine people of some sort or you have spoken to medicine elders. The reason I say that is it seem's possible that something of a Skinwalker type usage is possibly being used if your Aunt is of Native American heritage as well. You do not mention what your tribe or nation is so I do not think it would be a Navajo Skinwalker but something equatable for your particular nation. As such the basis of a curse would be applied differently than you'd expect from a Wiccan or European backed practice.

I'd assume there would be more of a ash or bones dust component aspect to any magical curse or hex in that capacity. I do admit my knowledge of those practices is very limited and incomplete in regards to actual workings. Those I have known over the years who originated in the South Western Area of the US only speak of them in passing and do not go into to much detail for fear of attracting their attention upon themselves.
                      I am Blackfoot/Cherokee/Chikasaw. My aunt only has Cherokee though. She was very much into Wiccan-influenced magick, but as I stated before, didn't follow the rede. She knew very little of Native magick at the time, having been raised by her white mother, and had little contact with her father or his family on the res after she turned 16, but I did once hear her say something about raven mockers when she was talking about her family on that side though. The Elders haven't dealt with this type of thing before. They said usually the hexes in their society don't act like this, going after all aspects of your life, they generally are targeted at something in particular (ex: relationships, money, health, or sexual relations.), and are usually a type of revenge for some real or perceived betrayal. They could only offer the advice to smudge with sage when the sun is rising, and to protect myself with as many overlapping shields as possible, especially during my moon cycle (they believe a woman to have a lot of power during the moon cycle, but also to be vulnerable.) They also think it would be wise for me to withstand from the sweat lodge until it is resolved, because my spirit could be open to attack.

^^^

Comment

I am Blackfoot/Cherokee/Chikasaw. My aunt only has Cherokee though. She was very much into Wiccan-influenced magick, but as I stated before, didn't follow the rede. She knew very little of Native magick at the time, having been raised by her white mother, and had little contact with her father or his family on the res after she turned 16, but I did once hear her say something about raven mockers when she was talking about her family on that side though. The Elders haven't dealt with this type of thing before. They said usually the hexes in their society don't act like this, going after all aspects of your life, they generally are targeted at something in particular (ex: relationships, money, health, or sexual relations.), and are usually a type of revenge for some real or perceived betrayal. They could only offer the advice to smudge with sage when the sun is rising, and to protect myself with as many overlapping shields as possible, especially during my moon cycle (they believe a woman to have a lot of power during the moon cycle, but also to be vulnerable.) They also think it would be wise for me to withstand from the sweat lodge until it is resolved, because my spirit could be open to attack.
                        Thank you for the reply and additional info. If your aunt doesn't have a whole lot of native magic behind her then it probably is not a skinwalker type activity. I wish now I could recall what I did hear about raven mockers as I seem to recall it applied to a chant I was given that dealt with Dream Walkers and how they can act like a curse upon the person who is being targeted by the dream walker. Part of what you've said matched part of the affects / effects that I was told about them with regards to Tsagali dream walkers and the chant was specifically in regards to protecting against and revealing them. Not a great source but something http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raven_Mocker or http://www.thefullwiki.org/Raven_Mocker

I wonder if you could protect yourself via a moon lodge protection? Sorry being male I was not introduced to much to those type things other than there were certain things the elder women in the tribe or family would place during the moon period. Then figure my family is supposed to be Seneca though there is no evidence according to the Dawes Rolls so we are far removed other than some mountain lore passed down.

With standing from a sweat lodge because of attack also falls under the Dream Walker aspect I know for sure. Even a purification and vision quest afterwards is supposed to be dangerous from my understanding. Sadly I can't do a sweat because of asthma with the heat being a killer though a smoke is just as bad in that regard. Being Cherokee I wonder if you couldn't also use Cedar as a cleanser as well as sage? Figure the eastern nations many times used Cedar in the same manner the western nations used sage for smudging. When I do smudge I try to use cedar as it is not as bitter as white sage to me.

The info and knowledge I have was given to me from a medicine person from the Eastern Nation of the Cherokee but I don't think it should be that different from the Western Nation.

Comment

I do not know if it will help but I keep getting urged to seek out raven mocker and this link comes up and I am compelled to post it.

Comment

I can only offer a couple of points that haven't already been discussed, but please consider them.

Culture is often important to understanding how a curse was cast, but isn't usually necessary to baffle a curse. If you have a complete and balanced symbol-set, you can deal with just about anything that comes your way.

Curse-casters need permission to affect you. I believe that, in every case I've encountered, the curse takes affect because - on some level - the person affected gave it permission. This is usually done simply by believing it will work, but there are also other acts that constitute permission. The extent to which you will be able to repel it is probably chiefly, maybe even singularly, determined by the extent to which you believe it can no longer harm you. The various symbols - mirrors, royal blue, rowan trees, pentagrams, cleansing baths, etc. - provide catalysts for your confidence in resisting what's happening. But, I feel, that confidence is the key.

The majority of curses are lazy. Many people will cease their attempts if you simply send them the illusion that their curse has succeeded - or present them with the certainty that you know you cannot be affected. Most curses can't be sustained unless the victim helps power them.

Shit continues to happen. We'll sometimes have bad luck, in my opinion, regardless of what else is happening. Some of the events you've described are probably the result of simple bad luck, but that leads me to my final point...

Don't let your beliefs re-write your life unless it's by your choice. I feel you give at least some power to the curse in the way you frame your experiences. Why do you have to express yourself in terms of only having a few good things despite the curse when it gives the curse the power of your expectation that it is affecting you and will continue to do so? Why not say, "I'm so lucky to have life and family I love and a chance to write to like-minded people"? Why not say, "I'm so grateful right now that I can't see how the curse could possibly work at all"? Why not say, "There are uncursed people in such bad situations right now that I can't help but see good things in my life despite any curses in which I might believe"? Ok, I know it isn't just as easy as saying some words, and I know that it can be hard to re-write experiences we've spent years encoding. But I hope you will consider my belief that re-framing your experiences could go a long way toward defeating this curse.

I'm sending a matrix of blue-white energy to you with this post. It's like a puzzle-box; it will keep shifting to new and baffling configurations and reflections when it encounters any curse energy, at least for as long as it has energy to do so (I've started it with enough to withstand a pretty serious curse against four or more people for about a week, at an estimate). It can also shift into any protective totem you might wish, so long as its altered form will cause no harm to anyone. And, as with all energy I send, it will dissipate and leave you completely unaffected should you not with to use it, even on a subconscious level. I hope it, and/or the advice, will help. You certainly deserve a break - and I've got a feeling you'll get it soon.
                            OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
                            The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
                            Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

Tylluan: Could it be any picture? Like just a decorative piece? I think my aunt gave my mom a framed picture of something at one point.
                              Yes, it could. I once knew someone who tried to curse using a fancy tea towel! Apart from the picture look for anything made of leather, grasses, natural materials - for some reason these carry curses well.
                              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
                              X