Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking a curse? (WARNING: Very long winded)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Breaking a curse? (WARNING: Very long winded)

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
    Thank you for the reply and additional info. If your aunt doesn't have a whole lot of native magic behind her then it probably is not a skinwalker type activity. I wish now I could recall what I did hear about raven mockers as I seem to recall it applied to a chant I was given that dealt with Dream Walkers and how they can act like a curse upon the person who is being targeted by the dream walker. Part of what you've said matched part of the affects / effects that I was told about them with regards to Tsagali dream walkers and the chant was specifically in regards to protecting against and revealing them. Not a great source but something

I wonder if you could protect yourself via a moon lodge protection? Sorry being male I was not introduced to much to those type things other than there were certain things the elder women in the tribe or family would place during the moon period. Then figure my family is supposed to be Seneca though there is no evidence according to the Dawes Rolls so we are far removed other than some mountain lore passed down.

With standing from a sweat lodge because of attack also falls under the Dream Walker aspect I know for sure. Even a purification and vision quest afterwards is supposed to be dangerous from my understanding. Sadly I can't do a sweat because of asthma with the heat being a killer though a smoke is just as bad in that regard. Being Cherokee I wonder if you couldn't also use Cedar as a cleanser as well as sage? Figure the eastern nations many times used Cedar in the same manner the western nations used sage for smudging. When I do smudge I try to use cedar as it is not as bitter as white sage to me.

The info and knowledge I have was given to me from a medicine person from the Eastern Nation of the Cherokee but I don't think it should be that different from the Western Nation.
    I must admit to the feeling of idiocy for forgetting about cedar in smudging. I had never been too consistent about smudging every day like the other people in my clan do, and even when I did, I used only white sage, but I do remember my grandmother burning cedar needles and resin when I was little. A lot of my influence is Blackfoot, since that is the clan from my family that took me in and accepted me, teaching me. Because I am a healer, and see auras, I was supposed to be being trained by the holy man (medicine person) to take his place when he moves on to the next great adventure, but I moved far away, and only came back to the area a week ago, so he hasn't been able to train me. I will try a few of the things that have been suggested/linked here, and I am also formulating a very strong overlapping shield. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ouranos Ouroboros View Post
    I can only offer a couple of points that haven't already been discussed, but please consider them.

Culture is often important to understanding how a curse was cast, but isn't usually necessary to baffle a curse. If you have a complete and balanced symbol-set, you can deal with just about anything that comes your way.

Curse-casters need permission to affect you. I believe that, in every case I've encountered, the curse takes affect because - on some level - the person affected gave it permission. This is usually done simply by believing it will work, but there are also other acts that constitute permission. The extent to which you will be able to repel it is probably chiefly, maybe even singularly, determined by the extent to which you believe it can no longer harm you. The various symbols - mirrors, royal blue, rowan trees, pentagrams, cleansing baths, etc. - provide catalysts for your confidence in resisting what's happening. But, I feel, that confidence is the key.

The majority of curses are lazy. Many people will cease their attempts if you simply send them the illusion that their curse has succeeded - or present them with the certainty that you know you cannot be affected. Most curses can't be sustained unless the victim helps power them.

Shit continues to happen. We'll sometimes have bad luck, in my opinion, regardless of what else is happening. Some of the events you've described are probably the result of simple bad luck, but that leads me to my final point...

Don't let your beliefs re-write your life unless it's by your choice. I feel you give at least some power to the curse in the way you frame your experiences. Why do you have to express yourself in terms of only having a few good things despite the curse when it gives the curse the power of your expectation that it is affecting you and will continue to do so? Why not say, "I'm so lucky to have life and family I love and a chance to write to like-minded people"? Why not say, "I'm so grateful right now that I can't see how the curse could possibly work at all"? Why not say, "There are uncursed people in such bad situations right now that I can't help but see good things in my life despite any curses in which I might believe"? Ok, I know it isn't just as easy as saying some words, and I know that it can be hard to re-write experiences we've spent years encoding. But I hope you will consider my belief that re-framing your experiences could go a long way toward defeating this curse.

I'm sending a matrix of blue-white energy to you with this post. It's like a puzzle-box; it will keep shifting to new and baffling configurations and reflections when it encounters any curse energy, at least for as long as it has energy to do so (I've started it with enough to withstand a pretty serious curse against four or more people for about a week, at an estimate). It can also shift into any protective totem you might wish, so long as its altered form will cause no harm to anyone. And, as with all energy I send, it will dissipate and leave you completely unaffected should you not with to use it, even on a subconscious level. I hope it, and/or the advice, will help. You certainly deserve a break - and I've got a feeling you'll get it soon.
    As I stated before, the hex was formulated to work like bad luck, until I fought back so hard it had to pull out something much less subtle. I also stated that there ARE good things in my life, but EVERY ONE of them I fought for like my life depended on it. I did whatever I had to do to get the things that were the most important to me. The events I put up there were only examples. I could not even write a book (or even a series of books) about all the bad that has happened due to this. I can understand a few things being bad luck, and I can usually tell what those are (I don't blame it on the hex when I lose at the boats for example. Just bad luck. Or when I swerved to avoid a basset hound in the road, and ran over 5 trees, a fence, and two ditches. Just bad luck and stupidity), but I am not kidding or over-exaggerating when I say that EVERY TIME there is an opportunity for something to go wrong, it does (or tries to. I was able to fight it when fighting for my husband for that year), especially if it is important. I am the unluckiest person in existence. I know that there are people in worse situations than me, but most of them were born into a sucky situation/have had no opportunity to improve their lives. I was born into a decent place, have plenty of opportunity to have a better, easier life. My husband and I work and scrape, and fight like h*ll to have an easier, better life for us and our daughter. And we're slowly inching forward, but every time something gets close to going right for us on its own (anything that is out of our direct and complete control) it goes wrong. We have friends that call us "the Murpheys" because Murphey's law pretty much defines our life.

^^^ Help us to hatch and grow with a click!
    ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by gentlestorm View Post
      I must admit to the feeling of idiocy for forgetting about cedar in smudging. I had never been too consistent about smudging every day like the other people in my clan do, and even when I did, I used only white sage, but I do remember my grandmother burning cedar needles and resin when I was little. A lot of my influence is Blackfoot, since that is the clan from my family that took me in and accepted me, teaching me. Because I am a healer, and see auras, I was supposed to be being trained by the holy man (medicine person) to take his place when he moves on to the next great adventure, but I moved far away, and only came back to the area a week ago, so he hasn't been able to train me. I will try a few of the things that have been suggested/linked here, and I am also formulating a very strong overlapping shield. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

As I stated before, the hex was formulated to work like bad luck, until I fought back so hard it had to pull out something much less subtle. I also stated that there ARE good things in my life, but EVERY ONE of them I fought for like my life depended on it. I did whatever I had to do to get the things that were the most important to me. The events I put up there were only examples. I could not even write a book (or even a series of books) about all the bad that has happened due to this. I can understand a few things being bad luck, and I can usually tell what those are (I don't blame it on the hex when I lose at the boats for example. Just bad luck. Or when I swerved to avoid a basset hound in the road, and ran over 5 trees, a fence, and two ditches. Just bad luck and stupidity), but I am not kidding or over-exaggerating when I say that EVERY TIME there is an opportunity for something to go wrong, it does (or tries to. I was able to fight it when fighting for my husband for that year), especially if it is important. I am the unluckiest person in existence. I know that there are people in worse situations than me, but most of them were born into a sucky situation/have had no opportunity to improve their lives. I was born into a decent place, have plenty of opportunity to have a better, easier life. My husband and I work and scrape, and fight like h*ll to have an easier, better life for us and our daughter. And we're slowly inching forward, but every time something gets close to going right for us on its own (anything that is out of our direct and complete control) it goes wrong. We have friends that call us "the Murpheys" because Murphey's law pretty much defines our life.
      I'm sorry that my words weren't helpful, then. I'll definitely return and post more if I can think of anything else that would be helpful.
      OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
      The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
      Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

I'm sorry,Ouranos, It isn't that you weren't being helpful, just that I truly in the deepest part of my soul, believe that there is no way this is self-fulfilling prophecy.

^^^ Help us to hatch and grow with a click!
        ^^^

Comment

Working...
        X