Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried this Year and A Day book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried this Year and A Day book?

I recently purchased a book by Timothy Roderick called Wicca A Year and a Day, it's like a course book that tells you what to do everday for 366 days. For those who are unfamiliar with the idea A Year and a Day, it's where the student will spend a year and a day researching Wicca, the Gods and Goddesses, and practicing spells and rituals, etc. after which they would decide if Wicca was really the path they wanted to follow.
    So I thought I'd try it but I'm curious to see if anyone else has read the book or tried, I've already flipped through most of it and read the first bit and it seems promising.
    A witch is a woman who knows what she wants and is not afraid to work to achieve it. She has strong beliefs and the power to go through with her wishes. She has the power to turn thought into action. She's a strong, hardworking and intelligent woman.
    Call me a witch and I will thank you for the compliment.

Re: Has anyone tried this Year and A Day book?

I have this book. I made it about two weeks in before I burned out. I may pick it up again eventually. Or not. Who knows? It just seemed kind of bland to me.

Comment

Re: Has anyone tried this Year and A Day book?

I've had a chance to read through it... I liked that it brings up several topics that most Wiccan 101 books don't touch on. On the other hand, I dislike how it would often not go into enough detail at times. I mean, it's a massive book with a lot of information covered in it, so I wouldn't expect it to get into every detail for every little thing - but I felt like there was still some easily explained things which should have been included. It's been a while since I last looked at the book, but if I remember right, as an example it tells you to carve/paint a very specific set of symbols onto your athame or chalice, without going into why, or what it means. It just says to do it without any explanation. That sort of thing pops up several times. It also has you going through a lot of supplies, which might get costly.

I do think it's nice for structuring your study around though, even if you don't stick 100% to the exact lesson plan. It can be a good guideline for those who find that they tend to get off track without that sort of focus.
      Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Working...
      X