DAG fighting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAG fighting?

Some of my friends are really into to DAG fighting apparently and brought some of their equipment to the dorms for a sort of display this evening. We did a few small mock battles and it was good time. Had never heard of it before tonight though lol.

So anybody else into this? heard of it? what do you think?

Re: DAG fighting?

Nope, never heard of it. What is it?
    "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I've never heard of it either.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Vigdisdotter View Post
        Nope, never heard of it. What is it?
        It's a combat game similar to LARP, but without the magic and less role playing. You get foam weapons (swords, daggers, axes, etc.) and shields and basically beat the hell out of each other. A hit to a limb means you can't use that limb and a hit to the body is a kill. There are referees called heralds who basically just yell out every hit they see and tell you when someone is "dead". I guess there are bigger organizations who form "realms" and they fight with other realms or create units and fight amongst themselves. Most people wear "garb" that corresponds to either their own persona or their realm's theme ( the ones here are "the cutlasses", "mordor", "stormwrath", and "the romans") and most wear leather armor. There are quite a few rules and other fine details that I don't know though.

Perhaps someone can offer a better explanation?

Comment

That's pretty much just a LARP Group who doesn't feel the need to deal with the bs of magic casting lol. I wish I knew of any groups around here, last one I was in I found by chance because I drove by the park where they met up every Sunday.
          Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
          Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
          sigpic

Comment

Sounds like fun And an awesome way to de-stress, hehehe.
            "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Vigdisdotter View Post
              Sounds like fun And an awesome way to de-stress, hehehe.
              You get to beat people up without the cops getting called and without the risk of major injury of death, of course it is lol
              Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
              Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
              sigpic

Comment

sounds like you have a good time,I am in the SCA and I am learning
                rapier fighting

Comment

over ere in the uk we have the living history groups..which...ahem...I have been known to swing the sword and get bloody a few times...and was a member of Jorvikingr - the York Viking Troop

MeincombatatYorkSmall.jpg
                  me in combat at york in the early 1990s (the one without the beard)

the drinkies in the pub later are usually in good humour though

Comment

I could totally get into something like that, any idea where you'd go to find a group?

Comment

Working...
                    X