Spirits hostile to other spirits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spirits hostile to other spirits?

So, I've recently made my relationship with a spirit (Nothing big or historical, just a consistent figure in my dreams and mental landscape) a bit more... official I suppose. Acknowledging them as a teacher basically.

Now, for the past few weeks I've felt a consistent... discomfort around woods. The feeling is similar to walking into someone's room uninvited. I keep jumping at shadows and looking around like someone is going to come and tell me off.

It's not horrible, but while my area is urbanizing, there's still a lot of woods around. It just feels strange, like I've offended somebody, and as the two events coincided, I feel like I've walked in midway through an argument and chosen a side without knowing the full context.

Re: Spirits hostile to other spirits?

Originally posted by Ser View Post
    So, I've recently made my relationship with a spirit (Nothing big or historical, just a consistent figure in my dreams and mental landscape) a bit more... official I suppose. Acknowledging them as a teacher basically.

Now, for the past few weeks I've felt a consistent... discomfort around woods. The feeling is similar to walking into someone's room uninvited. I keep jumping at shadows and looking around like someone is going to come and tell me off.

It's not horrible, but while my area is urbanizing, there's still a lot of woods around. It just feels strange, like I've offended somebody, and as the two events coincided, I feel like I've walked in midway through an argument and chosen a side without knowing the full context.
    First off, let me say that my beliefs are centered around nature. With that I, obviously, would at least be cautious and critical of, if not out and out shun and avoid any spirit that made me uncomfortable around nature, or the woods in your case.

Next, you don't say how this spirit is hostile toward another spirit; unless you are referring to your own spirit. So I am going on the assumption that you meant hostile toward you.

It is possible that you have made a connection to a spirit from the woods; and that you are feeling this spirit's discontent at having their "home" destroyed. This would explain why you feel that you have "offended somebody". If it is a spirit of the woods, they may consider you part of the group that is destroying their home and they are "taking it out on you" sort of thing.

However, it seems more likely that a spirit would be able to realize that you, yourself, didn't do this. If they were trying to enlist your help, I think this spirit would have you feel at ease in the woods instead of being uncomfortable around them. They would encourage you to like the woods, and therefore want to preserve the woods.

I would suggest that you attempt to find out what this spirit wants. Find out what kind of spirit it is; is it from the woods; does it want your help? There are many ways to divine this information. Anywhere from asking the spirit to speak to you in your dreams; using a dowser; runes; tarot, etc. Ask very specific "yes/no" questions like: "Are you mad?", or "Do you want my help?". Avoid asking random questions. Rather ask questions that will lead to the next question like" "Are you mad?" If the answer is yes the next question would be: "Are you mad about losing the woods?"; if the answer is no then the next question would be: "Are you mad at me?". And so on.

Keep yourself open, but cautious. Until you understand what you are dealing with. This could be a spirit from the woods. It could be a spirit that is lost and not able to move on from this world, to where they should be. It could be as simple as you have offended a local spirit from your own yard... Have you torn out any bushes; flowers; or young trees lately? Have you been in the woods and taken a pee on a bush; flowers; or a tree? Have you cut down a tree from those woods?

Consider how you came to be aware of this spirit. What made you aware of it in the first place? What were you doing? And so on.

I'd recommend that you consider everything that happens. Write it down as soon as it happens. And write it down in as much detail as you can. Use pen and paper, or use the computer; whichever is easiest for you. Writing it down will help you see things as they unfold. You will notice trends easier. Usually something that happens today will not make any sense until something else is known, or happens. Writing it down will also help you provide details to someone else (like us) that you talk to.

I'm sorry that I can't give you any specific answers. But I hope this will get you going in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Ser View Post

fantasy.
      3. a mental image or representation of a real object.
      4. an illusory likeness of something.

May sound strange but I have to ask why do you think you've "Offended" something? If there were in fact two Spirits that were competing then both should have been present in your mental landscape or made their presence known to you. The fact you indicate you've recognized them as a teacher is a bit worry some in that you do not appear to know what it is that you've made a teacher and are allowing to change your perspectives. A change that seems to be upsetting the wood spirits if you are being told or shown that something is wrong.

In some ways it feels to me like you've just set out on a snipe hunt but do not realize it yet.

One thing I know for sure is that if the land spirits or spirits of place think it harmful or disruptive to them you will physically be made aware of that fact. Usually through injury, minor or major until you get the message.

I agree with what Tarn has said so see no reason to repeat that. Simply know I'd suggest you do the same.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I do strongly believe some spirits don't like others. What if a spirit you've encountered perhaps is not friendly with the forest spirits? It may not mean its a bad spirit maybe just not well aquinted with the forest. The forest may be upset with you for making a connection to that spirit.

All of the above posters are also things that likley it could be.

Comment

There are two things you should know;
          Once you make relationship with the spirits, they become present in your life and where ever you go they go with you and one of their work if to offer protection to you so if there is any threat, they step up to defend you.

In would, there many spirits which like to stay there, so if you go there yet you have another spirit by your side, it is most like to feel its present as when it tries to shield you evil spirits.
          No sig for you.

Comment

Here is another possibility.

In Shinto it is often believed that spirits are connected to a specific place. If you have accepted a spirit as your teacher, is it not possible that this spirit dislikes or has had some bad experiences with the woods, either in your area or in general?

Just another thing to consider.

Comment

Working...
            X