Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever talked to a demon?

Have you ever talked to a demon?

Hello, guys!

I'm a newcomer and I want to ask you some questions about demons.

Have you ever talked to one of them? Were you afraid? Is it dangerous? And do you actually believe in them, maybe I came on the wrong forum?

Many thanks for considering my question!

Jun 2013
    Religion
    Northern Tradition Shaminist Demonolator. Or something along those lines...

Re: Have you ever talked to a demon?

Yes, several. No. It can be. And yes.

Before I answer in more detail, can I ask why you wish to know about Demons?

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan
    Phrase
    Words of power never disappear. They sleep, awaiting those with the will to rouse them

Yes. No. Depends on the demon and how you treat it. This is an appropriate forum for this, we discuss and have members of many different belief systems.
    世の中に潜み落下した「アレ」はねえか? 誰が書き換える 世界の汚れは?
    Do you have 'that' which lies dormant within society? Who can overwrite it, the filth in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Rae'ya View Post
    Before I answer in more detail, can I ask why you wish to know about Demons?
    Well, I guess I've been always interested in the spiritual world. I have a vague notion about them, and I'd like to know more, talk with people who had some experience and could tell me their point of view on such things.

Why do you use the capital letter in the word 'demon'?

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Celtic pagan

Quote Originally Posted by creepyoak View Post
    Hello, guys!

I'm a newcomer and I want to ask you some questions about demons.

Have you ever talked to one of them? Were you afraid? Is it dangerous? And do you actually believe in them, maybe I came on the wrong forum?
    How this question gets answered depends on how one defines "demon". I do not believe in any entity that is all evil with no good about it at all. I believe that everything has good and bad in it. Granted some entities seem as though they have nothing good about them; but somewhere they do have it.

That said, let me give you this viewpoint on spirits that some may call demons. Think of them much like humans. If a human is capable of wishing harm upon you, I believe that a spirit has the same capability. If a human is capable of helping you, I believe that a spirit has that same capability as well. So are "demons" dangerous? I believe they can be, yes.

I have been in a few places that went from feeling comfortable to very uncomfortable. This would give credence to the idea that a spirit of ill intent showed up. Much like when you and your friends are having a good time talking together and someone who is "mean" shows up and suddenly the mood of everyone turns in a grim direction.

Well, I guess I've been always interested in the spiritual world. I have a vague notion about them, and I'd like to know more, talk with people who had some experience and could tell me their point of view on such things.
    In your second post, you talk about spirits in general. I assume that you are including good spirits along with the bad spirits; yet in your first post you specified the bad spirits, or "demons". Where, in fact, is your interest? Are you looking to learn about spirits in general? Are you interested in learning to communicate with helpful spirits? Are you looking to join the forces of darkness and evil and help them in their demonic crusade? It is usually best if you know where you are going before you start heading that way.

Allow me to offer this about spirits, both good and bad, and everything in between. I believe that everything that has life, has a spirit. I believe that humans, animals, plants, and all, are actually spirit beings that exist in the current form we see before us. There are friendly people; there are people who would kill you if they have the chance. There are friendly dogs; and there are dogs who will bite you rather than let you pet them. There are plants that will help you, and plants that will harm you. All of these things are also spirits. Therefore, there are spirits that will help you; and spirits that will harm you. The trick is figuring out which ones are which.

Give that some thought as you begin to learn about spirits. It may help you understand what you are dealing with a little better. Or it may not.

All I will say about "demons" is: if you wouldn't make friends with humans that lie, steal, cause harm and destruction; then I would advise against making friends with spirits that would do the same.

My 2¢

Oct 2013
    Religion
    African Traditional

All spirits can be demons it depends to how to treat them, I deal with spirits but I hate calling them demons because they are not however there certain kind of spirits which can do everything you ask them to do, even if haunting, killing or any kind of torture. But still they are the same spirits I use to heal or cast any spell for positive reasons. If you want demons, yes you can get them and if you want to get scared they can really scare you to death.

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Warning! Colorful metaphors, bad language, and general Corbin-style nastiness ahead. Be forewarned. No apology will be forthcoming.

Have you ever talked to one of them?

Yes.

Were you afraid?

Incredibly.

Is it dangerous?

Very few people who actually do it survive it.

And do you actually believe in them?

Yes or No.

YES - A demon is what a god looks like if somebody sticks their head up it's ass. For example, the demon version of Yahweh powered the Inquisition, and is currently running Westboro Baptist Church. The demon form of Allah is currently convincing people that the way to paradise is through the massacre of the innocent.

People get into this mix-up because they (somehow) become convinced that, by jamming their head far enough up a god's ass, that god will be obliged to ride on their shoulders.

NO - Demons, like gods (being the same thing) are creations of our own minds - not usually, although sometimes, consciously created - used to give an excuse to those who don't have the cojones to admit that it (whatever it is - spew hatred at gays, blow up crowded bus stops) is what they really want to do anyway.

They are used to give guts to the gutless, courage to the cowards, authority to the wimps, a sense of worth to the worthless, power to those who are too pathetic to obtain power on their own, etc.

I, Corbin, with the power and authority of my God, to whom I show my dedication and devotion daily by shaving the short hairs off his face each morning, have spoken.

maybe I came on the wrong forum?

You decide. We'll respect your opinion.
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Jul 2013
    Religion
    Kemetic reconstructionist, I guess... Solitary. devotee of Djehuty and Bast
    Phrase
    Rawr

Well, I am not certain about this. Some years ago, before I converted into Kemetism, I had a meeting with a 2 demon like-creatures, and were followed by one. It may appear dangerous in many times. I still can't understand what it is.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Tarn View Post
    How this question gets answered depends on how one defines "demon".
    Well, Tarn, I'll try give my definition of "demons".

Let's say, that in the spiritual world there are roughly speaking two main categories of spirits - spirits that bring you harm, and those who can help you. By "demons" I ment exactly those harmful spirits. Some of them can bother a little, do little harmful pranks, they are in a way "lower-class harmful spirits".

Then, there are more powerful spirits, I suppose all of them have some kind of hierarchy and "specialization", for instance one likes to drive people crazy and the other prefers to deceive and mislead.

As for the second category, "helpful" spirits, I'm not even sure that they exist. I mean, yes, some of this creatures can heal you, or give you the power to heal other, but... if they are so cunning and deceitful how someone can be sure, that this healing won't bring something worse? I suppose there is a price for everything, including such "help".

This is my general point of view, and I wonder why people try to communicate with such creatures, what's the point of this communication? Maybe I'm wrong and there are indeed some good spirits who don't ask anything bad in exchange??

Can someone here say why did he or she want to communicate with demons, what did you want from it (demon is 'it', right?))?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    the demon version of Yahweh powered the Inquisition, and is currently running Westboro Baptist Church.
    So you are trying to say, that every god, or deity has it's own "version"? Bad Yahweh/Good Yahweh - Bad Jesus/Good Jesus? Is it your own idea?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gleb View Post
    Well, I am not certain about this. Some years ago, before I converted into Kemetism, I had a meeting with a 2 demon like-creatures, and were followed by one. It may appear dangerous in many times. I still can't understand what it is.
    How did you understand that you are followed? Was it like a poltergeist?

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

So you are trying to say, that every god, or deity has it's own "version"? Bad Yahweh/Good Yahweh - Bad Jesus/Good Jesus? Is it your own idea?
    I'm not "trying to say" anything, I'm being as blunt as I possibly can - what friend and teacher Nietzsche calls "practicing philosophy with a hammer."

No, it's not my own idea - it is the hard earned wisdom of the ancients, ignored and reviled by the ignorant, at the cost of endless human suffering -

As it is above, so it is below - Hermes the Three-Times Great

If you set off on a straight course at the speed of light and travel long enough, you will arrive at your point of departure before you have left - Albert Einstein

To confront a person with his shadow is to show him his own light. Once one has experienced a few times what it is like to stand judgingly between the opposites, one begins to understand what is meant by the self. Anyone who perceives his shadow and his light simultaneously sees himself from two sides and thus gets in the middle - Carl Jung

Every cloud has a silver lining - Who knows?

Every silver lining has a cloud - Woody Allen

I do not believe in any entity that is all evil with no good about it at all - Tarn

The inside is out; the outside is in - The Beatles

There's two sides to every story - Mom

Heads I win; tails you loose - LMAO

On the other hand... - Colloquial expression

The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing - This is starting to get tedious, but you get the idea...

If you read the Bible, you will notice that in the Old Testament, Yahweh creates and destroys with equal gusto. It isn't until he becomes all lovey-dovey in the New Testament that Satan is needed...
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.