Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have you ever talked to a demon?

Originally posted by creepyoak View Post
    Rae'ya, what about you, do you believe in Satan's existance? What do you think about Yahveh and his Paradise, do you consider him as an ordinary deity?
    I believe that Ha-Satan is a title that was awarded to certain angels that performed that function at YHVH's behest. The term means roughly 'The Accuser' or 'The Adversary' and the ancient texts are very clear that it is a title, but not clear at all about who may have held that title. There's all sorts of speculation about exactly who THE Ha-Satan was... you know, the one who Fell and took a good chunk of the host of Heaven with him... but the reality is that the texts don't tell us so any word on the matter is either speculation or UPG. I don't speculate about who that particular Ha-Satan was, but I do believe that the title can be applied to a number of deities, and I'm one of those people who loosely attaches it to Adversary deities of all sorts of pantheons.

But yes, I do believe that the character of the Old Testament that wore the title Ha-Satan is an actual entity. However, I don't believe that he is the same entity that is now named 'The Devil'. I think that the Devil of the New Testament is an egregore that has been created from the amalgamated beliefs of thousands of Christians over time. I think that no such entity originally existed, but that came to exist and now exists as a self-sufficient entity that is a part of the Judeo-Christian pantheon. I've had no dealings with this egregore-Devil though, and I don't plan to. But he is not the same as Satan, Lucifer or Baal (which is also a title, not a name), and he is not an entity that Satanists and Demonolators work with.

YHVH... I think he's just a deity like any other. He's just more ambitious than most. I actually believe that YHVH was originally a Semitic deity, perhaps the deity of the early Canaanite pantheon who was named El (although that is another title that is not really a name). I personally think that he had ambitions of power and was perhaps influenced by Ahura Mazda and the monotheistic trend that was moving West from Zoroastrianism. I think that he started his own little set of followers in his little Garden of Eden and set himself up as the supreme deity of that line of followers. If you look at the ancient texts, he never actually states that he is the only god in the world... just that if you want to follow him you can't worship any other gods. The ancient texts actually state that Adam and Eve were NOT the only two humans in the world at that point... even if people wish to ignore Lillith's story, there are references in the Old Testament to people outside of Eden, and of lines of descent that don't stem from Adam and Eve.

I think that the Garden of Eden is a place in the Otherworlds where YHVH set up his little breeding program, and that Adam and Eve were kicked out into this world when they didn't play by his rules. I think that YHVH rules his corner of the Otherworlds just as many deities rule their corners, but that he's protective and doesn't like to share his followers and the power in this world that he derives from them. I think that if you follow the Judeo-Christian paths then your after-death options are those laid out by those faiths, but that for the rest of us, what YHVH does or doesn't like, and what you have to do to get into Heaven, is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
      Actually, he was doing his job here... testing the faith and obedience of Eve. Good on her for failing the test, because if she hadn't, her descendents would all be mindless oppressed slaves who have no free will or knowledge of anything outside their little Garden.
      Which is an interesting statement because that little Garden is where many of us are trying to now return to. Some might call it other things, but essentially I view it as that oneness with the Divine. To be wholly yourself, or wholly with your God or however a person views ascension.

I think there was a whole lot more going on in Genesis 3 than we are conditioned to accept. I can't connect all the dots yet (probably because I don't know very very little of Jewish linguistics or culture), but here's some thoughts.
      Eve can't have been tested: She only knew Good. How can she make a valid a choice to obey/disobey when it is not in her to defiantly disobey? She does not know to disobey is evil, she has not that knowledge.
      All creation was good: From my Bible in this story, there's no mention of a devil, just a snake as a wild animal. It was part of earthly creation. The snake and the woman are both cursed, but I don't read a war in the Heavens happening. Maybe Satan had nothing to do with Eve's actions. Even if Satan was the snake, there's a cosmological interplay here that goes beyond a simple: Humans disobeyed God and so He cursed us and sent us away.

I just think there's a whole lot more going on than what our very limited English translations can offer. It seems that we are handing down assumed knowledge that is centuries old without being critical. Who is to say this is so literal? Maybe it's a primitive story passed down via oral tradition with all the trappings of ritual and visual art, and now all we have left are the translated words. I'm certain there's more to this story than a surface interpretation could allow for.

As for speaking with a demonic entity, I don't think I have. I know I have said 'no' to certain spiritual influences that I consider immoral entering or lingering in my life. Anyway, they are not important to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
        Which is an interesting statement because that little Garden is where many of us are trying to now return to. Some might call it other things...
        Yeah. I call it the Zoo of Kept Animals.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Which is an interesting statement because that little Garden is where many of us are trying to now return to. Some might call it other things, but essentially I view it as that oneness with the Divine. To be wholly yourself, or wholly with your God or however a person views ascension.
          Yes but you only have knowledge and drive to return to that Garden because of Eve's partaking of the fruit specifically against YHVH's instructions. If she hadn't done that then her descendants would know nothing of the outside world... they would know nothing of suffering, nothing of what it is to be away from YHVH's Divine presence. And because they would not know anything else, they would not have any concept of how important that is to them. You can not know just how important pleasure is if you have never felt pain. You can have a theoretical knowledge, but that deeper knowledge only comes from experiencing what it is to not have it.

So looking at it that way, Eve's actions are the only reason that you know that you want to return to YHVH's everlasting Divine presence. Because you have knowledge of the alternatives. Thus you have a spiritual and experiential knowledge and desire.

Eve can't have been tested: She only knew Good. How can she make a valid a choice to obey/disobey when it is not in her to defiantly disobey? She does not know to disobey is evil, she has not that knowledge.
          Oh, I agree that Eve did not do anything wrong or consciously act in a defiant way. But she did disobey YHVH's direct orders when she was told that the fruit would not kill her. Of course she didn't know it was wrong to do so... she had no concept of right or wrong. YHVH told her one thing, the serpent told her another. She acted based on what the serpent told her. And for that YHVH punished her. Which to me seems a bit unfair given that she could not possibly have known that going against his word was wrong. All she did was act on the most recent and up to date information she had been given. That's all.

I don't agree that it can't be considered a test though. I don't necessarily think it was a conscious test, but I don't exclude the possibility just because she didn't know right from wrong. YHVH told her something and she didn't believe his word over the serpents word. You don't have to have knowledge of the test in order for it to be a test. Sometimes the most telling tests are those that you don't recognise, or don't even have the concept of in order to recognise it. Then you are being tested on the most base level of your actions.

All creation was good: From my Bible in this story, there's no mention of a devil, just a snake as a wild animal. It was part of earthly creation. The snake and the woman are both cursed, but I don't read a war in the Heavens happening. Maybe Satan had nothing to do with Eve's actions. Even if Satan was the snake, there's a cosmological interplay here that goes beyond a simple: Humans disobeyed God and so He cursed us and sent us away.
          I actually do agree with you that there is no direct correlation between the serpent and Ha-Satan... it is not explicitly stated anywhere and therefore we can't know for sure whether the serpent was the first Ha-Satan or whether it was just a serpent. I just pull out that statement for people who assume that the serpent is Ha-Satan and therefore must be evil or whatever... if you look at it that way then the Ha-Satan was just doing his job. If you look at it that the serpent was just a serpent, well the serpent just told Eve the truth. So either way, the serpent did not lie to Eve, nor did it trick her or do anything evil or bad. It just told her the truth.

The rest of what you said above... the Fall of Ha-Satan and the others... that's not a part of the Adam and Eve story nor did any of us so far say that it was. It's a later story. We just happened to be talking about the two stories and you may have assumed that we were saying they were related. They aren't. The Fall of Ha-Satan is not the same as the Fall of Adam and Eve.

I just think there's a whole lot more going on than what our very limited English translations can offer. It seems that we are handing down assumed knowledge that is centuries old without being critical. Who is to say this is so literal? Maybe it's a primitive story passed down via oral tradition with all the trappings of ritual and visual art, and now all we have left are the translated words. I'm certain there's more to this story than a surface interpretation could allow for.
          I actually find it rather telling that Genesis 2:17 states that YHVH told Adam that if he eats the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and bad then he will die. Yet in Genesis 3:4-5, the serpent tells Eve that if she eats of that fruit she will not die but will have her eyes opened to what is good and bad, and will thus become as a god. All three of my versions of Genesis agree on this point. They also agree that Adam and Eve did not die as YHVH told them they would... they had their eyes opened just as the serpent told them. So of YHVH and the serpent, who was telling the truth?

Genesis also tells us that YHVH threw them out of the Garden of Eden out of fear that they would them eat of the fruit of the tree of life and become immortal. My Tanakh says in Genesis 3:22 "And the Lord God said, Now that the man has become like one of us, knowing good and bad, what if he should stretch out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever!". My two Bibles say much the same thing.

Thus Adam and Eve were not sent from the Garden because they disobeyed, but because YHVH was scared that they would eat from the Tree of Life.

When you read the actual (albeit translated) words of the story rather than paraphrased re-tellings, you pick up all sorts of significant distinctions. Unfortunately I don't read Hebrew... it would be very interesting to see the original Hebrew story.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
            Yes but you only have knowledge and drive to return to that Garden because of Eve's partaking of the fruit specifically against YHVH's instructions. If she hadn't done that then her descendants would know nothing of the outside world... they would know nothing of suffering, nothing of what it is to be away from YHVH's Divine presence. And because they would not know anything else, they would not have any concept of how important that is to them. You can not know just how important pleasure is if you have never felt pain. You can have a theoretical knowledge, but that deeper knowledge only comes from experiencing what it is to not have it.

So looking at it that way, Eve's actions are the only reason that you know that you want to return to YHVH's everlasting Divine presence. Because you have knowledge of the alternatives. Thus you have a spiritual and experiential knowledge and desire.

Oh, I agree that Eve did not do anything wrong or consciously act in a defiant way. But she did disobey YHVH's direct orders when she was told that the fruit would not kill her. Of course she didn't know it was wrong to do so... she had no concept of right or wrong. YHVH told her one thing, the serpent told her another. She acted based on what the serpent told her. And for that YHVH punished her. Which to me seems a bit unfair given that she could not possibly have known that going against his word was wrong. All she did was act on the most recent and up to date information she had been given. That's all.

I don't agree that it can't be considered a test though. I don't necessarily think it was a conscious test, but I don't exclude the possibility just because she didn't know right from wrong. YHVH told her something and she didn't believe his word over the serpents word. You don't have to have knowledge of the test in order for it to be a test. Sometimes the most telling tests are those that you don't recognise, or don't even have the concept of in order to recognise it. Then you are being tested on the most base level of your actions.

I actually do agree with you that there is no direct correlation between the serpent and Ha-Satan... it is not explicitly stated anywhere and therefore we can't know for sure whether the serpent was the first Ha-Satan or whether it was just a serpent. I just pull out that statement for people who assume that the serpent is Ha-Satan and therefore must be evil or whatever... if you look at it that way then the Ha-Satan was just doing his job. If you look at it that the serpent was just a serpent, well the serpent just told Eve the truth. So either way, the serpent did not lie to Eve, nor did it trick her or do anything evil or bad. It just told her the truth.

The rest of what you said above... the Fall of Ha-Satan and the others... that's not a part of the Adam and Eve story nor did any of us so far say that it was. It's a later story. We just happened to be talking about the two stories and you may have assumed that we were saying they were related. They aren't. The Fall of Ha-Satan is not the same as the Fall of Adam and Eve.

I actually find it rather telling that Genesis 2:17 states that YHVH told Adam that if he eats the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and bad then he will die. Yet in Genesis 3:4-5, the serpent tells Eve that if she eats of that fruit she will not die but will have her eyes opened to what is good and bad, and will thus become as a god. All three of my versions of Genesis agree on this point. They also agree that Adam and Eve did not die as YHVH told them they would... they had their eyes opened just as the serpent told them. So of YHVH and the serpent, who was telling the truth?

Genesis also tells us that YHVH threw them out of the Garden of Eden out of fear that they would them eat of the fruit of the tree of life and become immortal. My Tanakh says in Genesis 3:22 "And the Lord God said, Now that the man has become like one of us, knowing good and bad, what if he should stretch out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever!". My two Bibles say much the same thing.

Thus Adam and Eve were not sent from the Garden because they disobeyed, but because YHVH was scared that they would eat from the Tree of Life.

When you read the actual (albeit translated) words of the story rather than paraphrased re-tellings, you pick up all sorts of significant distinctions. Unfortunately I don't read Hebrew... it would be very interesting to see the original Hebrew story.
            This is easily one of the smartest things I've read today.
            I am a woman in a mans body and I hate being in the wrong body. I want out of this body. It's like a prison cell.

I used to be known as AdamKane in these parts.

Hail Satan.

Comment

She is clever, but there are a few more things to consider. I'll pm you Rae'ya

Comment

Working...
              X