Writing letter for Dead Relative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Writing letter for Dead Relative

Hello I was wondering the best way to contact my dead grandfather tonight since the veil is closer tonight or any night I am currently going to write
    a letter and place three rocks on it light a candle and meditate on my grandfather tonight for closure purposes anything to make this better would be appreciated.

Re: Writing letter for Dead Relative

What's important is if it works for you and covers all your bases. All I could think of beyond this would be to maybe add a photograph of your grandfather to the setup, or a scent that reminds you of him?

It sounds like a lovely gesture at any rate. Happy whatever-you-call-tonight.

Comment

Re: Writing letter for Dead Relative

Originally posted by fatal222316 View Post
      Hello I was wondering the best way to contact my dead grandfather tonight...
      I reaffirm what Ljubezen said, whatever works for you.

Belief is a large portion of what works. By believing that your grandfather will read your letter, you are able to put more of your energy, more of your feelings into it. And that will make that way more effective for you. Some believe that the spoken word is the way to go. Others will write the letter and then read it out loud. It is what is in your heart (or spirit) that matters.

Ever call up someone and they give you a different phone number to contact them with? "This is a better number to get me at" type of thing? The same with your grandfather. If a letter is not the best way, I'm sure he will let you know a better way.

Just be open to other forms of communication. Incense that won't stay lit, or incense that seems to last all night. Certain feelings that come to the foreground for no particular reason. A sudden realization of something that was confusing to you before. Someone says "something" that makes a lot of sense. Or even something as subtle as that feeling you got when your grandfather gave you his approval for something--like tonight's offering. <wink>

Comment

Working...
      X