This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gaming

my favorite mmo was always warhammer. im back on wow just cuz i cant find anything else i like, that and i have a bot to do most of the grinding... lol. i tried elderscrolls online, but i might as well have been playing a console game...

Any suggestions for a good PVP based mmo?

Comment

I have an Xbox and PS2. I mostly play Halo 4 and Skyrim, but have plenty of others.

Comment

We bought the new World of Warcraft expansion. >.> There goes all my free time.

Comment

Any suggestions for a good PVP based mmo?
          Closest is GW2 - nice if you like battleground type pvp (ie, FPS style matches with scorekeeping and set goals), but the large scale pvp is pretty bad, and the PvE isn't much better. On the plus side, it has no monthly fee.

IMO (and I know it's a contentious issue), the only decent PvP MMO to have existed is Dark Age of Camelot, DAOC, the game Mythic made before Warhammer. WAR was supposed to be a spiritual sequel of sorts, but failed to come even close to the original.

On the bright side, new WoW expansion looks good (especially now they ''finally'' have the Oceanic servers actually hosted in Australia) and most of my gaming friends agree, so that should be fun for a month or three.

Comment

I like GW2's large scale PvP! And the PvE is good too if you got a decent Guild.

That's my opinion though.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Right now, its all about the new Skylanders...
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

League of Legends... been playing it for years, though I do't have an awful lot of time for it it's good fun... considdering buying the new assasins creed...
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Just a question for all the gamers out there...What would you like to see in gaming as far as future concepts and play style?
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm still mainly into minecraft like a the big kid that I am! Recently though, I played through P.T. That was possibly the creepiest game I've ever seen. There are some games that I really think count as a piece of art, and P.T. is surely one of them. I'd say 80-90% of the 'horror' was created in my own mind rather than by the game itself. The feelings have really stayed with me.

Oh and I've finally started playing through Pokemon Y again!
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      Just a question for all the gamers out there...What would you like to see in gaming as far as future concepts and play style?
                      Brain-computer interface.
                      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

What is P.T.? Have not heard of that. Ok checked it out on Google..Not a big fan of horror stuff myself,once played the zombie one on PS1,the one they made a series of movies about. I am not really an adrenalin junkie,so fright stuff is not my cup of tea. Resident Evil was the game(always forget its name(Thank you Google))

- - - Updated - - -

Actually,I think they have been working on that. There was a start up,but it did not do well,as most likely not ready for prime time.

http://www.psfk.com/2012/06/control-...with-mind.html

I think they are still working on it.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          What is P.T.? Have not heard of that. Ok checked it out on Google..Not a big fan of horror stuff myself,once played the zombie one on PS1,the one they made a series of movies about. I am not really an adrenalin junkie,so fright stuff is not my cup of tea. Resident Evil was the game(always forget its name(Thank you Google))
                          You know, generally I'm not a big fan of horror games either. Although I do like a good zombie adventure, I don't consider them horror usually. P.T. just seemed like a good game to pass the time on Halloween. I wasn't expecting it to be so scary. The game is a point and click and it changes slightly depending on the choices you make, but there was actually only one jump scare in the whole thing when I went through it (although a few parts catch your breath when you notice something you weren't expecting). The fear is created by clever use of atmosphere.. maybe this is the 'tension and release curve' they recently discussed on Extra Credits -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyiAR2BXtKU (I'll remember how to do proper links eventually..^^) Oh and warning.. for anyone thinking they'd like to play the game, there are a few spoilers in here. It was this video that got me interested though, and even knowing what some of the scary moments were going to be, didn't spoil it for me, if anything it just added to this 'tension and release' because I knew I'd have to meet these scenes at some point but had no way of knowing when.
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Hiya, I wasn't sure where to start after introducing myself in the forums and then I saw this thread :P

I'm into Hearthstone, Don't Starve and Starbound at the moment. My OH Tony plays PC games for a living now, so they're also a big part of my life hehe

I play mostly on the PC and little games on the iPad...though I've always loved Nintendo and get some major Mario Kart rage hehe.

Comment

When you say OH plays for a living,is that as game tester,OR the whole video games as sporting event as I have seen in the news lately

The League of legends thing

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/12/451...as-a-pro-sport

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

He streams gaming on his Twitch tv channel and has a youtube channel giving info/help about Diablo 3, but is just setting up a second channel doing reviews of various games

Wow at the gaming being classed as a sport! Gaming has certainly changed a lot since I was a kid playing the spectrum hehe

Comment

Working...
                                X