This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Guide to BB Code

Here at Pagan Forum, we use what is known as BB Code. There are some basic guides out there on the net, but for convienence of newer members and those older members that might not use it very often, I thought we could have a short guide to using BB here at PF!

First off...if you are on the Reply to topic page or Start new topic page, you see all the buttons...which is a handy way of inputing things without thinking about it--just highlight the words in question and click on B or I, etc or click and type between the
    Code:
    [b]and[/b]

If you are using code, it is also helpful to hit the PREVIEW option, rather than the POST to make sure that its going to look how you *think* it should look!!!

But...if you want to do things that are a wee bit more complicated, you are going to have to either combine ideas or know how to use the code a little bit better.

Some examples:

Posting a link as text:

Shameless promotion of my awesome blog

The text you want linked goes inside of the url tags, and then the first url tag should have =www.yourdesiredwebsite.com added into the initial tag as shown...

Code:
    [url=http://nuannaarpoq.wordpress.com/]Shameless promotion of my awesome blog[/url]

Posting a link as an image:

Its basically the same idea as above, but url tags go outside of img tags, which take the place of text like so...

Code:
    [url=http://nuannaarpoq.wordpress.com/][img]http://nuannaarpoq.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/blog-banner.jpg[/img][/url]

Posting a youtube:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKUGltGwN3U&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Just put the youtube website between the youtube tags!

Code:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKUGltGwN3U&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

*to be continued*
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Forum Guide to BB Code

*continued from previous post*

the "me" code:

[me=thalassa thinks making random third person comments is fun][/me]
    Code:
    [me=thalassa thinks making random third person comments is fun][/me]

the code for code:

[code]
    Code:
    whatever code you want to show off (just take out the extra space)[ /code]

basic quotes:

to quote without a specific reference to the person being quoted is quite simple but
    Originally posted by thalassa
    you might want to quote a specific person
    Code:
    [quote]to quote without a specific reference to the person being quoted is quite simple but[/quote]

[quote=thalassa]you might want to quote a specific person[/quote]

Limitations of glowing text:

[glow=red,2,300]you might not know that glowing text only works correctly in some browsers (mainly IE)[/glow] [glow=blue,2,300]and you can change the glow color[/glow] [glow=green,180,900]as well as the glow size[/glow][glow=yellow,2,300]...you can even make glowing text, with a different color font[/glow]

Code:
    [glow=red,2,300]you might not know that glowing text only works correctly in some browsers (mainly IE)[/glow] 

[glow=blue,2,300]and you can change the glow color[/glow] 

[glow=green,180,900]as well as the glow size[/glow]

[glow=yellow,2,300][color=red]...you can even make glowing text, with a different color font[/color][/glow]

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

why? why did I come to this thread?
      Now I am more confused than ever!
      TMI for this old dog.

....backs out slowly....
      What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Actually, a lot of the BB Code in this thread doesn't apply to the new software, I've noticed. This worked perfectly for SMF, but it behaves differently on vBulletin. I don't really see how. BB Code is BB Code. Eventually I'll get to the bottom of this and republish this with correct info.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

never learn code , but see it all over the world , so much .

Comment

Found this.

Its all about BB code for Vbulletin

Here is downloadable CHM files for help with Vbulletin and BB vcode I hope.

That's only up to version 3.7 so it might not tell everything for 4 and above.
            Last edited by anunitu; 12 Oct 2012, 16:14.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I wanted to try the url code for my signature, but I keep getting the error message of "BB code url is not allowed". I was wondering if there is another code for this forum OR maybe I'm not allowed because I'm a "newbie" still? o_O
              It does make sense if the latter is true... too many spammers on the net. Though, I don't plan to go anywhere anytime soon. Me lonely and I like it here so far. ;^_^
              My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Because you don't have the allowed post count to post URLs.
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
                  Because you don't have the allowed post count to post URLs.
                  Thanks! I kind of thought so, but wasn't sure.
                  My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Working...
                  X