At a loss about child names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At a loss about child names

My daughter is getting her name changed in January. She's 2 1/2. Her birth father is not involved but unfortuently picked her middle names and gave her his last. So I am giving her mine.

Her first name is Ella, based on my love of elves and fae. I want her name to have roots that way or to the celts. Perhaps some help with middle names?

Re: At a loss about child names

I like names, and I think you can be pretty creative with middle names. My daughter's middle name is Aurora, after Sleeping Beauty because I'm a dork.

There's lots of good options for you, I'd just stay away from something ending in an A or it will sound weird.

So what sort of a elves/fae do you like? Mythological or fictional? Tolkien? There's tons of names, depending on the specifics.

Comment

I'm pretty much a fan of every type, mythical, fictional ect. I just have this love of them haha. I'd think more based on myths and legends.

Comment

There's tons of lists online.

I like Etain. Ella Etain sounds nice.

Or maybe just simply Ella Fay. You can spell it Fae too. I'm not huge on weird spelling, but that's a real word.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
          There's tons of lists online.

I like Etain. Ella Etain sounds nice.

Or maybe just simply Ella Fay. You can spell it Fae too. I'm not huge on weird spelling, but that's a real word.
          I was going to suggest Ella Fae as well I also really like the Ella Etain too!

Comment

I changed my name a few years back in my 20s. I'd never had a middle name and so I gave myself one, and I did it by going through lists of Celtic and Pictish names on the internet. Might be worth a try?

Comment

Be super creative. Ella the strong. Ella the beautiful. Ella the brave. Just go for it!
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Thank you lovelies. I have been thinking about Ella Fae since I was pregnant but was unsure if it was appropriate lol. I don't wanna like offend a Fay.

Comment

It's clearly being offered to your child as a compliment to who they are. I don't see how anyone, human or otherwise, would be offended by that.

Comment

Working...
                  X