Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a New Path

Hello All,

I am new here. Although I have been exploring the pagan path for quite some time, I have just recently had my heart and mind open to Wicca. I am a solitary practitioner and I am now teaching myself about traditional Fae lore. I am also interested in learning more about the spiritual practices of the Cherokee.

Most of my solitary practice consists of raising energy, manifesting, shielding/grounding, path-working, making spells of joy and protection for friends and family in need, calling on Spirits for guidance , collecting various ingredients for their energetic purposes, Communing with nature, creating protective oils, divination, meditation, etc. These are things that I have been doing for a long time, but my sudden awakening into the path of Wicca has lead me here in search of a community to be around and learn from. (If if I'm just a cooky old cottage hag who is set in her ways )

I am also an artist and jeweler, and I consider my creative endeavors to be part of my spiritual calling as well. I like to use herbs, stones and antique artifacts that have a history in my artwork. Every spell is cast with intent and every piece I make is a spell of its own kind.

I look forward to learning from and getting to know all of you!

Re: On a New Path

Welcome to the forums Morgana !

Out of curiosity are you a lover of Arthurian myth (or is that your actual name and I'm being silly)?
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it here.
      Hearth and Hedge

Comment

:0) Thanks! Although my real name is technically Rose, I am very intrigued by the role of Morgan le Fey in the Arthurian tales.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosa Morgana View Post
          :0) Thanks! Although my real name is technically Rose, I am very intrigued by the role of Morgan le Fey in the Arthurian tales.
          As am I! I LOVE Arthurian myth!

You really should meet Nightingale, my girlfriend, who is also on this forum. She is more of an expert/fan of Morgan than any one I know. You two would have lots of fun lol.
          hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Welcome, Rosa Morgana! You are not alone here in loving Morgan le Fay. I'm actually in the process of writing a research paper about her, as a matter of fact. It's my senior thesis. I am trying to argue that Morgan is not an evil character like most modern sources make her out to be. Instead, she is a healer and a pagan sorceress with ties to the Fae as well as the ancient Celtic goddesses, especially the Morrigan. I pretty much analyze her role in all of the Arthurian tales. It's been a wonderfully fun project so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
            As am I! I LOVE Arthurian myth!

You really should meet Nightingale, my girlfriend, who is also on this forum. She is more of an expert/fan of Morgan than any one I know. You two would have lots of fun lol.
            I am flattered that you think I am an expert, Malflick!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Charlottesville my family is from that area. My parents still live in Crozet while I have siblings that live in the general area of Orange, Greene, Louisa and of course Albemarle counties. My ancestry in Greene / Orange / Madison counties going back to about 1750. Most of them in what is now the Blue Ridge Parkway and Shenandoah National Park before they were forced off to make the park. There's still a lot of folk practices in the area but many of the families are closed lip about it so it can be a challenge to find them.

I heard there was a group out of UVA but been to long since I last heard of them to be certain.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                  There's still a lot of folk practices in the area but many of the families are closed lip about it so it can be a challenge to find them.

I heard there was a group out of UVA but been to long since I last heard of them to be certain.
                  Hi monsno, how neat that you are familiar with this area. Charlottesville is s interesting because there are as many open-minded people as there are closed. I would be so interested to learn more about the local folk practices. I know my sister was turned on to Wicca in Richmond, but I haven't heard much coming out of UVA, either. For now I am a happy solitary witch, but as the spirit moves me, I may have to work to find a group of real live human beings that I can connect with around here, too. (Although I am greatly enjoying the online community for now )

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

Working...
                      X