X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can a binge eater lose weight?

Originally posted by dgirl1986 View Post
    I have managed to get control over the binges (except around that time of the month). Unfortunately my weight has ballooned. So I am looking at what I can do now at this massive size. If I could afford to I would go back to the psych to see if maybe I still have some issues that I havent yet worked through that could be contributing to a self sabotage of some sort.
    Eat more often.

... but ...

Don't eat more.

When you're hungry, eat something... but don't eat a meal.

EAT!!!!

Every hour or so, eat a bite two of something healthy. A handful of peanuts, a carrot, an egg, etc...

The more often you eat, the less voracious your hunger will be.

This sounds crazy... but... eat when you are hungry!

Don't starve yourself. Satisfy yourself!

AND find a convenient exercise:

Walk to the store
    Get rid of your couch... do something while you watch TV

Find a way to be active.
    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

What I've found that works is the Weight Watchers mentality. I binge eat also. I've done WW in the past and it works because you don't count calories. It shows you which foods work best for you via point system and it's helped quite a bit. I also move as often as I can. I lift weights or do yoga during TV commercials and I try to get up and mood for at least 10 minutes every hour at work. I'm not skinny but I've lost almost 40lbs in the last year just by making those small changes.
      (user formerly known as beckly_freckly)

You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.

Comment

Originally posted by BruceMorin
        In my opinion, dieting is not good for losing the weight. It is better to do exercise and eat how much you required and if necessary you may take some medications for lowering your weight.
        Is this a serious post? I really hope not. What one puts in their body very much affects how one loses weight. The key to losing weight is to find the right balance of exercise AND adjusting ones eating habits (diet change).
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Well, I support the "Nothing stands against the power of will" saying.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I struggled with weight for years. Then my choice to join the army has me working out between 2 1/2- 4 hours a day. Try not losing weight doing that hah.

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
              I struggled with weight for years. Then my choice to join the army has me working out between 2 1/2- 4 hours a day. Try not losing weight doing that hah.
              Actually, I didn't. I had to go on a 1200 cal a day restricted diet to loose anything.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

I don't like the idea of "going on a diet" because to me that means a week to a few months of a restricted diet until weight is down and then switching back to the same habits that got me into my undesirable size to begin with... To me it's always been about a change in lifestyle... Rebalancing my life and finding what suits me...

Having said that, I was over weight for quite a few years in my late teens.. When I turned 20 it tipped to border line obese. I tried everything over and over and only ended up more miserable and fatter... I want to say I clicked my fingers and decided to be better.. But I didn't. I lost my mum on 5th jan 2014 and something just broke inside me. I think by rebuilding I had time to rethink what I was. I'm now a healthy size and fitting into clothes I out grew at 14.

For me it took a life shattering moment to put me on the right track.. Where as I have friends who've done it on raw determination alone..... I think everyone needs their own inspiration and reason.. Losing weight isn't about eating little and exercising lots... It's about finding an inner balance and finding a way to a happy, healthy place... Which is easier said than done!! :P

But.. Well.. Everyone's different!!

Comment

Working...
                X