American Horror Story: The Coven...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Horror Story: The Coven...

Are you watching it? If yes, what is your opinion about the TV show? I would love to hear your thoughts (good or bad)...

Re: American Horror Story: The Coven...

I haven't been watching, but I've gotten tiny bits of information from others who watch. I'd like to know what everyone here thought as well before I bothered catching up, so speak up, people!

Comment

I haven't seen The Coven - probably won't until it comes out on disk.

But, if it is a kinky and well done as the first two seasons, it should be good.

My daughter says it's insane...
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

It's my favourite season of the show so far.

Comment

Is it actually scary? I don't do horror movies well. At all.

Comment

I love it. Definitely a different feels than the other two seasons. I think my favorite character right now is Queenie
            Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
              Is it actually scary? I don't do horror movies well. At all.
              I wouldn't say 'scary.' It is pretty intense and gruesome at some stages.

I like it, it has some flaws and gets a bit cheesy at times, but it's a decent show. Better than S2 imo, which I couldn't get into at all.

Comment

i want to see it sooooooo bad. i loved the original.
                It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

If you liked the first two you'll love it. Great cast. It's got some crazy backstories on witchcraft and powers but it's good. They talk about Stevie Nicks in this one a lot rumor is she's going to make an appearance this season.

Comment

Well I got a little bit disturbed by the fact that the script was incoherent till ep six. But things got a lot better when I watched that one. Besides that, there were 'killing' performances by Kathy Bates, Jessica Lange and Angela Basset. What I like about the show is its dark and provocative approach on human nature and the behavour of women possesing and being possesed by power...

Comment

You're right about the writing, it's really a bit all over the place, feels like they sat down in a room, came up with a list of every cool witch/voodoo related concept they could, then tried to squeeze them all into the season. But you're also right about the acting, Kathy Bates is kicking ass, and Jessica Lange is awesome as usual (that scene with her in the hospital was intense).

Definitely worth watching.

Comment

ok i heard about this...thought "naaahhh"...but now i wanna watch too lol
                        so question guys. is it made in a scary kinda way or more on the lines of funny?? or documentary?? or what exactly is going on here in this show.

Comment

It's more along the lines of a drama than a horror. It has horror elements, and a lot of gory scenes, but it's not overtly scary in a tension building 'holy crap!' kinda way.

Comment

I tried watching the first season, but didn't like it - too gruesome for me! Is it worth giving this one a go? It sounds intriguing.

Comment

It's still very gruesome, in that there's a lot of violence and gore, but doesn't have the same distinctly discomforting vibe the first season had, I've found.

Comment

Working...
                              X