crossed bloodlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: crossed bloodlines

I am sorry to burst the bubble on the gods never mating with humans, but greek mythology there are numerous accounts of it. And i am unsure of who has informed me of this dreadful fate. they come just at the break of day when i am waking. all i feel is the presence of three beings

Comment

You see, the thing is that I have no problem with the original poster writing something like, 'I believe I may be a descendant of Merlyn and a Norse deity because....' since this is a personal opinion. We're all entitled to those (I think.)
      Where I have a few problems is that a wiccan friend of the OP states categorically that someone is the descendant of Merlyn (or King Arthur or whoever) and a Norse (or any other) deity and was wondering where on earth this friend had the information from.
      It's surely not unreasonable to ask?
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

No Tylluan Penry. it is not unreasonable to ask how she came to that conclusion. my friend did an aura reading. but that is why i joined this forum. i am seeking for someone that can guide me into finding out the truth first hand.

Comment

Me thinks someone has being watching or reading a little to much Percy Jackson. Serious though this is crossing over into therionthropy and otherkin and the new age influence of reading aura's for more than just ones health and general mental state. At best it seems to fill the same need as the _____ child of making everyone and anyone special. I say blank for it doesn't matter if it is an Indigo Child, Star Seed or Star Child, Crystal Child, Diamond Child etc. It all comes back to trying to make the normal into something special where it is not.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Haven't seen or read Percy Jackson, sorry. That is what she told me she used. why do you think i am looking for a way to find out on my own?

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
              ... It all comes back to trying to make the normal into something special where it is not.
              If you think about the amount of specific things that had to happen to just exist, we are all pretty special for even being alive. I think instead of saying how unspecial we are, maybe we should instead say that it DOESN'T MATTER if we are godkins or some other crazy thing. We are all pretty awesome.

I personally don't think anyone can be anything except human, and since IMHO Merlin didn't exist and Norse gods aren't human...well, you aren't blood relatives (seeing as how they don't even have blood.) If you are drawn to the mythology of Merlin and the Norse pantheon, you should get to know them. That's a great plan. You don't need to be related.

Frankly, I can't imagine anyone here will be able to tell you who you used to be, and reincarnation and blood ancestors are different things. You real actual ancestors are probably interesting enough. Want to know where you come from? That's what genealogy is for.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post

I personally don't think anyone can be anything except human,
                I resent this remark. I put up with this oddly designed meatsack primarily because it provides more access to pizza than is easily available otherwise. There are vastly better options available otherwise. :cthulhu:
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by kpro12 View Post
                  Haven't seen or read Percy Jackson, sorry. That is what she told me she used. why do you think i am looking for a way to find out on my own?
                  Was referring to the person who gave said reading of your auric field. In truth I've only ever read or heard of one instance where Merlin's lineage was shown to have created a child. That being the movie The Sorcerer's Apprentice where they are looking for the Prime Merlinian. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0963966/

I am curious though why it is important to you to prove this lineage? Consider if you truly are then it also makes you a prime target for any force that played counter to either the Merlin stories or opposed a particular god / goddess figure. Of which there are many in both story lines for consideration. Considering that if you believe it true and pertaining to yourself then you have to consider that any force that by legend opposed either of them is also true and projecting into the present. Which raises the stakes even higher if all it takes to find you is anyone reading your supposed auric field and sensing your godspawn or possess the power trace of Merlin.

Using the Hellenic perspective that could potentially paint you as Hercules to some unseen Hera that seeks to destroy or harm you. Yet so many forget the counter aspect when they are revealing all these great powers or past histories. Myself I still think your friend is talking crap and pulling your leg but that's just me given I tend to think such would not be revealed via ones aura if it were to actually exist.

- - - Updated - - -

If you think about the amount of specific things that had to happen to just exist, we are all pretty special for even being alive. I think instead of saying how unspecial we are, maybe we should instead say that it DOESN'T MATTER if we are godkins or some other crazy thing. We are all pretty awesome. ..
                  No, I don't think so if one considers the many things that had to happen to any species to exist. We're not special were just a product of evolution. Perhaps one of many other experiments that were all ongoing at the same time and we just happened to be the vat that survived past various bottlenecks in biological development or termination. I seem to recall that something like 600,000 thousand years ago a super caldera eruption wiped out roughly 95 percent of humanity and only a small fragment of it survived to continue to create today's animal.

So no were not special, no more special than any other living creature upon this floating rock in space.

Comment

My past before finding this out from my friend has had numerous things have occured that aided in this but i seem to be seeb as a fake. but i do not care. I know i have encountered unknown things since a young age. i do not seek this information to use it in any way. i seek it to ease my mind. i do know some of the geneology of my family and yes there is interesting notes but something has me compelled to know the information i join this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                      So no were not special, no more special than any other living creature upon this floating rock in space.
                      My point, you missed it.

I'm a pantheist. I think everything is special and part of god. So right, we aren't any more special than any other creature, but that doesn't make an individual not special in their own way because those creatures are special too. Of course, your mileage may vary, but that's where I'm coming at this from.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                      I resent this remark. I put up with this oddly designed meatsack primarily because it provides more access to pizza than is easily available otherwise. There are vastly better options available otherwise. :cthulhu:
                      *bows to the old one*
                      *appeases with sacrificial pizza*

Comment

My past before finding this out from my friend has had numerous things have occured that aided in this but i seem to be seeb as a fake. but i do not care. I know i have encountered unknown things since a young age. i do not seek this information to use it in any way. i seek it to ease my mind. i do know some of the geneology of my family and yes there is interesting notes but something has me compelled to know the information i join this forum.
                        Just my opinion but your trying to use one thing to suggest or justify another. Encountering unknown things does not make one a god spawn or descendant of Merlin. Heck simply by reading and studying about many occultish topics will increase the likelihood of having encounters with strange or unusual things. It's like casting a light into the darkness which makes things want to come see what is in the light. It also causes one to change their way of looking at things and giving more consideration to things which otherwise would be ignored in most instances if acknowledged at all.

Of course when one starts down an occultist pathway the first thing that has to be proven is ones own sanity. Not a slam but a critical analysis of our experiences and perspectives upon things. The human mind is quite capable of creating or viewing nothing and making it something as it tries to place it into a category. Then figure most if not all of our memories are filled by association so when we see, hear, smell something its logged to the closest thing we can equate it to. IF the closest thing is the unknown then that is what it becomes many times until we learn something new or have further situations which can refine it for us.

I had an encounter with a man who insisted I change course late one night as I walked a railroad track home. I did and discovered two things. One the course I had been following would have probably killed me as there was a horrific wreck at the time I would have been there. Yet the part that was strange was the man was related to me and just happened to have died the day of my birth some 16 or 17 years earlier. Things like that are common to me but it doesn't mean I am a god spawn or descendant of any famous person, especially a Merlin famous person.

With ancestry and tracking back it gets really difficult. Consider that many families did not have surnames until around the 12th to 13th century. Some groups had clan names and such earlier but then that only tracks to a Clan not a given family within that Clan except for its direct line. Consider Morrison is part of my ancestry yet all that tells me is I descend from someone who was known as The Son of Morris and headed that Scottish Clan. It doesn't tell me which family or the specific family given that any group that owed allegiance to the Morrison Clan also used the name though they were not lineage wise Morrison's.

- - - Updated - - -

My point, you missed it.

I'm a pantheist. I think everything is special and part of god. So right, we aren't any more special than any other creature, but that doesn't make an individual not special in their own way because those creatures are special too. Of course, your mileage may vary, but that's where I'm coming at this from.
                        Ok I follow you now.

Comment

Pagans not believing a person who believes in things not proven.

As Yuriko would say..."interesting"
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Many Heathens view one or more of the gods as literal ancestors. The Swedes are (generally) descended from Ing (Fro Ing, Frey), the Norse from Thor, and the Danes from Odin. The Rigsthula tells of Heimdall, using the name Rig, being the father of the human race (similar to the story in Rigveda).
                            I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
                            Clan of my Clan
                            Kin of my Kin
                            Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                            And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

No Tylluan Penry. it is not unreasonable to ask how she came to that conclusion. my friend did an aura reading. but that is why i joined this forum. i am seeking for someone that can guide me into finding out the truth first hand.
                              To be honest - an aura reading is highly unlikely to tell you your ancestry. I think - as far as truth goes - that the best you are going to do is to say that you feel drawn to Merlyn, or the Norse deity... or indeed both.

And there is nothing wrong with that. You are not being shortchanged. But you will be honest with yourself instead of clinging to something that is going to be impossible to prove one way or another.

I once met someone, many years ago, who swore they could trace their lineage back 45,000 years. He was wrong. He couldn't.

But we each of us have ancestors going back 45,000 years, of course. And we are - like it or not - all related to each other at some level.
                              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I agree with monso. Someone could be playing you for a fool. I hope not though.
                                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                                X