crossed bloodlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crossed bloodlines

A wiccan friend of mine told me that i am decendant. of the druid Merlyn and a Norse god. Can bloolines cross in such manners, and if so, can someone help me find the full extent of my bloodline crosses?

Re: crossed bloodlines

Do tell me more.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The last time I checked Merlin had no children in any of the tales or stories so how can you be a descendant of his? Granted I've meet a few people online who follow a Nordic pathway and claim lineage from one of the gods but that is different than claiming a blood lineage from one of them. Not trying to be an arse or discourage you but it really sounds like someone is pulling your chain here or playing you for a fool.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I agree with Monsno.

The reality is that most people of European descent can claim "lineage" to a number of famous and even mythological people throughout history. Most royal families of antiquity were prolific breeders with many children (legitimate and illegitimate) so their descendants are many.

Take, for example, the Merovingians (the rumored descendants of Jesus Christ). Their mythology perpetuates them as having originated with a mysterious "Quinotaur" (sea creature) that mated with a human woman thus producing the first Merovingian, Merovee. Generations of Merovingians followed and their line continued through most of the major European royal families. Anyone who can trace their ancestry back to one of the Plantagenets of England can claim to descend from the Merovingians.

Additionally there are many, many other historical figures with supposed "divine" origins whose descendents can be found in nearly every country on Earth. Most of the famous Greek families often claimed divine origins as did the Viking leaders.

What I'm trying to say is that you may indeed be descended from any of these mythological/historical figures, but it is not unique. Crossing bloodlines, even supposedly divine ones, would hence affect most of the population of Europe, America and Australia if there were something inherently "super magickal" or "super terrible" about it as most of the Western World is descended from families whose origins are said to be divine.

As for someone helping you find your bloodline crosses, well that's your job. There are so many tools at your disposal to become involved with your family's genealogy. Ancestry.com is a good place to start.

Comment

You are entitled to you opinions. No offence is taken. Yet I feel some stories were left unwritten. no one has told me that there are unwritten ones i just feel them. I have encountered many odd things around me and it feels right even before i was given that information.

Comment

Logically, and statistically speaking, I think it is very unlikely that it is true, and even if it was true, I think there is no way to know such a thing.

For this to even be a possibility, too many conditions would have to be met ranging from the actual existance of a person by the name of Merlin outside of myth, the ability of gods to actually and literally takithe physical form of humans, the compatibility of genetics for gods and man to procreate, and the likelyness of that lineage lasting and ending up in a specific person or persons, to the way in which one would suss such a thing out.

Personally, this smacks a bit too much of the dozen or so people I've met over the years that think they are the reincarnation of Cleopatra.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              Logically, and statistically speaking, I think it is very unlikely that it is true, and even if it was true, I think there is no way to know such a thing.

For this to even be a possibility, too many conditions would have to be met ranging from the actual existance of a person by the name of Merlin outside of myth, the ability of gods to actually and literally takithe physical form of humans, the compatibility of genetics for gods and man to procreate, and the likelyness of that lineage lasting and ending up in a specific person or persons, to the way in which one would suss such a thing out.

Personally, this smacks a bit too much of the dozen or so people I've met over the years that think they are the reincarnation of Cleopatra.
              I know this is off topic, but you've seriously met people who thought they were Cleopatra? I guess I thought that was just one of those bad sitcom stereotypes of people.
              hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Fortunately, can feel i am no reincaration. if i am i do not know about it. and do not prefer to know. and i never said i had any abilities of the gods, though what i feel is it's own thing wheher anyone believe it or not. and besides, the way i feel the world is going these days they will make th gods will make an appearance very soone

Comment

Originally posted by kpro12 View Post
                  Fortunately, can feel i am no reincaration. if i am i do not know about it. and do not prefer to know. and i never said i had any abilities of the gods, though what i feel is it's own thing wheher anyone believe it or not. and besides, the way i feel the world is going these days they will make th gods will make an appearance very soone
                  what do you mean by that? What about the world will make the gods appear, and how shalt they?
                  hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

All I know if the human mind can convince itself of anything and make oneself believe it. Unfortunately far to many allow that fantasy to run rampant and convince themselves they are godspawn or something similar. Unfortunately when you claim a lineage to a being that can't be proven to have existed and what is listed suggests no lineage could have come from him then it borders upon fantasy gone wild.
                    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

The way mankind is treating their own kind and choosing to try and control others. The way they fight for "Mother's" lifeblood all for the sake of profit. something is going to give way to a new age. I am not saying that the old gods will appear but new ones of their clans will

Comment

Mankind has been abusing itself for the better part of its existence. It's actually getting slowly less self-abusive in a number of ways as time goes on. Why would current human stupidity require overt divine manifestation more than World War 2 or certain points in the Cold War?
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by kpro12 View Post
                          A wiccan friend of mine told me that i am decendant. of the druid Merlyn and a Norse god. Can bloolines cross in such manners, and if so, can someone help me find the full extent of my bloodline crosses?
                          First things first... how would your friend know such a thing?
                          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                            First things first... how would your friend know such a thing?
                            Agreed? I mean its one thing for the belief of full out reincarnation but its another for gods to be humping and popping out human baby offspring. Doing family history work won't show you that your a god's child. So what divine power was called on ect for this revelation?

Comment

Originally posted by Sondst View Post
                              Agreed? I mean its one thing for the belief of full out reincarnation but its another for gods to be humping and popping out human baby offspring. Doing family history work won't show you that your a god's child. So what divine power was called on ect for this revelation?
                              Don't many mythologies have gods making half human babies? Mind you, I think this is less than likely, since I don't think of gods like that, but its a pretty common motif....Jesus, Hercules, the list goes on....

In the end, this is about trying to make someone feel special -- either the giver or the receiver of the info.

Comment

Working...
                              X