"To Train Up a Child"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"To Train Up a Child"

Oh no. Oh HELL no. Three children's DEATH'S have been linked to this book already. Countless amounts of abuse have as well.

WARNING if you've got PTSD over abuse-seriously, don't keep reading.

Examiner has transformed into a major player in financial news. Think stocks, crypto, banks - if it's about money, it's on Examiner.com.

Examiner has transformed into a major player in financial news. Think stocks, crypto, banks - if it's about money, it's on Examiner.com.

We could not enjoy ourselves or even be happy without being beaten.It taught me to tolerate abuse, that I deserved abuse, and that if someone abused me, I was clearly in the wrongChildren are not animals"Give 10 licks at a time, more if the child resists. Be careful about using it in front of others -- even at church; nosy neighbors might call social workers."" is right out of their book.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME. ARE YOU SERIOUSLY FUCKING KIDDING ME. And people have BOUGHT this. And USED this????? No. Just. Absolutely NO. There's a petition going around via change.org to get this taken off the selling lists of Amazon. Please, PLEASE help spread this around. Even if it's just you signing it and posting it to facebook or something. Cause this shit is WRONG.

Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
    sigpic

Re: "To Train Up a Child"

"No Greater Joy Ministries"?

Kindda odd name for people who advocate that kind of thing.

I have a lot of Christian friends, family, and co-workers. This kind of "book" ticks them off as much as it does me.

Quoted from Wikki:
    "If you want a child who will integrate into the New World Order and wait his turn in line for condoms, a government funded abortion, sexually transmitted disease treatment, psychological evaluation and a mark on the forehead, then follow the popular guidelines in education, entertainment and discipline, but if you want a son or daughter of God, you will have to do it God's way."

uhm... yeah...

Actually, I agree on the comdoms thing - I don't want my kid waiting in line.. She should already have them handy.

I guess the other options are:
    Let the sex diseases go untreated,
    Don't get mental health services when you need them,
    And go to hell.

Well, OK - it makes sense, but not the way they intended it to...

P.S. I LOVE the mark on my forehead. I am a child of Cain.
    Last edited by B. de Corbin; 21 Nov 2013, 09:37.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Gotta stand in line to buy them at some point. Dad can't keep buyin them forever :P But yeah, keeping them handy is a good thing-but what more terrifies me about all of this is the avocation of beating the ever living hell out of your kids with PVC pipes and keeping them all over the place because "You can buy them for under $1.00 at Home Depot or any hardware store. They come cheaper by the dozen and can be widely distributed in every room and vehicle. Just the high profile of their accessibility will keep the kids in line."

That's a direct quote from their website. Not the book.....
      Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
      Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
      sigpic

Comment

I recall signing this petition once already. That said since I am not sure I did I signed again to make sure.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I wish there was a way to get the book banned, instead of just banned from amazon I have a lot of friends who have been abused and it sickens me that there would be a freaking "how to" book on it

Comment

I was actually about to post this.... These people are disgusting. Absolutely abhorrant.
            hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Surprised these idiots can read. Must be a picture book.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Some (OK, most) humans just revolt me.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I've signed this petition every time it comes up. These people make me physically sick.

Comment

I read about this yesterday and I had to google it because I didn't know what it was. It's been around for a while but it's just hit the news recently. I don't know how anyone can confuse this book for discipline. It's clearly abuse. Everything in it is abusive and if anyone finds out someone they know is practicing it, they should call child services.

What disturbs me the most is that this book has a lot of sales.

Comment

Ummm....so....I hate this book. I despise the people that wrote it and their methodology. I feel varying degrees of pity, contempt, and pure rage at the parents that get suckered into following it (and yes, if you do some reading of people that have escaped the evangelical, fundamentalist families that follow these folks, its very cultish). I think that any family that uses these "methods" of "child rearing" should automatically have their children taken away. But even I wouldn't compare it to Hitler.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                        I read about this yesterday and I had to google it because I didn't know what it was. It's been around for a while but it's just hit the news recently. I don't know how anyone can confuse this book for discipline. It's clearly abuse. Everything in it is abusive and if anyone finds out someone they know is practicing it, they should call child services.

What disturbs me the most is that this book has a lot of sales.

This book hasn't just hit the news, its been in and out of the news for years and years.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

I was reading reviews on Amazon:
                          Format: Paperback
                          Wonderful book. So glad somebody is finally brave enough to stand up for the pro-beating-up-babies movement. For too long, those little bald bastards have been walking (or crawling) all over us decent grown folk, and I for one am sick of it. These authors give such good advice it's insane! I could sing the praises of these amazing, God-fearing baby-beaters all day, but I thought I'd take this opportunity to recommend a few other titles sure to be right up the alley of anyone who enjoys this book.

Cooking for Company - Jeffrey Dahmer
                          Best Christmas Ever: A Couple's Guide to the Holidays - Scott Peterson
                          Dog Bathing Made Easy - Michael Vick

And last but not least,

All Aboard: A Final Solution for Train Enthusiasts - Adolph Hitler

Happy reading, everybody!
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Sick, sick, sick.

This is what happens when people consider some cultish dogma to be more important than compassion and common sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            I was reading reviews on Amazon:
                            Format: Paperback
                            Wonderful book. So glad somebody is finally brave enough to stand up for the pro-beating-up-babies movement. For too long, those little bald bastards have been walking (or crawling) all over us decent grown folk, and I for one am sick of it. These authors give such good advice it's insane! I could sing the praises of these amazing, God-fearing baby-beaters all day, but I thought I'd take this opportunity to recommend a few other titles sure to be right up the alley of anyone who enjoys this book.

Cooking for Company - Jeffrey Dahmer
                            Best Christmas Ever: A Couple's Guide to the Holidays - Scott Peterson
                            Dog Bathing Made Easy - Michael Vick

And last but not least,

All Aboard: A Final Solution for Train Enthusiasts - Adolph Hitler

Happy reading, everybody!
                            Pffthahaha. My black sense of humor is tickled :,)
                            Still a screwed up book to no end, 'course.

Comment

My parents raised me in this mindset. They weren't nearly as severe - but, for example, when I was around 3, I refused to eat my spinach. It, and only it, was put in front of me for a couple of days, until I finally broke down and ate some.
                              I love spinach now - I was never mad at the spinach. But I remember exactly how I felt (I have very strong early memories) - I somehow already knew that I'd one day be an adult, and that I just had to bide my time. I was always under threat, so I behaved. I was a goody-goody. And I secretly counted the days (literally) until I'd be 18 and go off to college. When I did, I basically never looked back. My father & I got along better as I got older, my mother & I - worse. But I really didn't care much - I got my precious freedom, and I'm the lonest lone wolf ever, and usually feel quite happy.

Parents who do this sort of thing to a really abusive degree need to be thinking about the future, and about what it will feel like when they are the little frail one, and their beaten child now stands tall & strong over them. Controls their health care. Controls their money. Etc.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                              X