Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help on intro to spellcraft?

Exactly! Thank you.

What can be achieved with magic that can't be achieved with autosuggestion? How do you know you're doing magic and not just the other?

Comment

Control over the environment, action and communication at a distance, interaction with spiritual forces and consciousnesses which exist outside of the purely physical realm, exploration and observation of the universe outside of it's physical dimension. You know, all that silly stuff we're not supposed to believe in. The extent to which these can be taken is up to people to decide for themselves. My own attitude is to keep an open mind and find out for myself - my original point of view was very much a psychological one, but the further I take my practice the further I find the psychological hypothesis inadequate for describing the phenomenon involved, and am required to shift to other philosophies to find a valid model to work with - which answers the second question I guess

Oh, and I'm not ignoring your PM, just been busy and shooting quick replies between tasks. I'll get back to you when the house is a bit emptier and I've got some time to sit down for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Comment

Very cool ^.^ Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
          Exactly! Thank you.

What can be achieved with magic that can't be achieved with autosuggestion? How do you know you're doing magic and not just the other?
          Believe me. You will know.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by wildcat View Post
            Hi guys. I was wondering if any of you had any good recommendations for websites or books where I could start researching witchcraft/spellcraft? I've always had a interest in looking into it, though I had never tried any spells. I tend to get thrown off by it when I try to search for information on my own. It seems like whenever I try to research online, I come across sites that have a bunch of flashing pumpkins and black cats, with orange glittering words all over the place. Which have spells that are based on Wicca (I'm not Wiccan), and are super simple and.. well, kind of silly. Once I start reading those short, very badly-written, rhyming poems that you have to recite three times, I exit out and give up. :=L: (I hope that's not offensive, I don't mean to be, but those types of things turn me off from it because it doesn't seem serious.)

I'm looking for information on general spell-craft, since I'm not a Wiccan, so I'm not searching for any rituals that are based on Wicca. I'm interested in learning about the different properties of items that one uses (candles, herbs, incenses, symbols, etc), and information on how people use them to form spells, charms, rituals, etc.

I hope it's okay to ask this here, I didn't see an intro thread, but I need some advice on where to find some genuine sources.
            I think you are being irrespective because many of people you are asking are wiccans and the spells you will most like to get will be based to wiccan so am a little bit confused.
            No sig for you.

Comment

This was quite informative. Thanks guys!!

Comment

Working...
              X