26 Everyday Occurrences in Australia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

26 Everyday Occurrences in Australia.

I think the Koala in no. 14 bit my mum's cat.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/tot...s-in-australia

Re: 26 Everyday Occurrences in Australia.

The photobombing Emu in #10 cracked me up. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Also... obviously not an Aussie site.

Crocs, people... no gators in Australia.

Comment

Koalas are psychos, I remember when I was a kid, we were driving home one night and there was a random koala just chilling right in the middle of the road, so my mum pulled over and walked up to him to try and nudge him off the road, instead he took a swipe at her leg with those huge claws they have. Lucky she was wearing loose pants and he missed, then he just decided 'screw it' and wandered off the road.

Oh, and the steaks at that 'worst vegetarian restaurant' are amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
        Koalas are psychos, I remember when I was a kid, we were driving home one night and there was a random koala just chilling right in the middle of the road, so my mum pulled over and walked up to him to try and nudge him off the road, instead he took a swipe at her leg with those huge claws they have. Lucky she was wearing loose pants and he missed, then he just decided 'screw it' and wandered off the road.
        I was actually looking back at the pics and wondering if the 'koala' in #14 could actually be a drop bear. It's pretty rare to get a good look at them because they're nocturnal, and it would be rare to find one in a building like that, but the size of the claws and the color of reflection in the eyes makes me wonder.

Oh, and the steaks at that 'worst vegetarian restaurant' are amazing.
        The Stag, right? Never eaten there but have walked past it many times. Must go in and try it one day.

Comment

#1 OMG frikken ADORABLE!!!
          #25!!! The Hooker seriously cracked me up! 1 Why is this in the news paper?! 2 That's a Hooker 3 Just seriously WTF?! :lol:

Comment

#25!!! The Hooker seriously cracked me up! 1 Why is this in the news paper?! 2 That's a Hooker 3 Just seriously WTF?!
            Well, it is Darwin :/

The Stag, right? Never eaten there but have walked past it many times. Must go in and try it one day.
            Yep. Highly recommend it.
            I was actually looking back at the pics and wondering if the 'koala' in #14 could actually be a drop bear. It's pretty rare to get a good look at them because they're nocturnal, and it would be rare to find one in a building like that, but the size of the claws and the color of reflection in the eyes makes me wonder.
            It's the eyes you wanna watch for. Drop bears have a distinct reddish tint which is unmistakable to the trained viewer

Comment

It's the eyes you wanna watch for. Drop bears have a distinct reddish tint which is unmistakable to the trained viewer
              Yep, which is what I was thinking with that pic. It's just not quite the same that you'll see with a koala. Tell you what, I wouldn't want to find one in my shed or carport!

Comment

I've lost track of the number of times I spent in my childhood, wandering through the bush outside my home, then out of nowhere hear that low dropbear growl they give off and BAM, it's basically furry grey clawed meteors from the sky :| Forget sheds and carports, it's the massive gum trees you wanna avoid.

Comment

I saw one in up in the Flinder's one time... vicious scary bastards. Did you hear about that guy in Whyalla that got torn up last week?

Comment

Working...
                  X