half demon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: half demon

Demons and humans -have- interbred before:research the Nephilim.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
      Except for Lady Gaga:
      Baby she was born that way

Comment

Originally posted by codesharp View Post
        Demons and humans -have- interbred before:research the Nephilim.
        If you're referring to the line from Genesis (this is one of many loose interpretations of the line): 'The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them.'

It kind of depends on how one interprets the phrase 'sons of God'. Most of the implications point to the 'sons of God' as meaning 'angels', which are quite the opposite of 'demons'. Even a 'fallen angel' is still an angel, not a demon. There are some who believe that the 'sons of God' are the sons of Seth, which makes the kids human, and some think they're 'fallen men' (men who have forsaken God), in which case the kids are also human. And if you watch the History Channel, the 'sons of Gods' are aliens.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

If you're referring to the line from Genesis (this is one of many loose interpretations of the line): 'The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them.'

Even a 'fallen angel' is still an angel, not a demon.
          Excuse me, but exactly on what are you basing this?

Comment

Even a 'fallen angel' is still an angel, not a demon.
            in Christian mythology, a demon is a fallen angel.

however, from my readings of Genesis, I have never had the impression that the Nephilim were demons.
            "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

No. They are, however, the product of cross-breeding between demons and human females.

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
                in Christian mythology, a demon is a fallen angel.
                See, I never got that from my church-goings or Bible readings. Fallen angels were disgraced angels, demons were demons.

Comment

Originally posted by codesharp View Post
                  No. They are, however, the product of cross-breeding between demons and human females.
                  Now doesn't that fall more into the category of Incubus and Sucubus. One created by a demon who takes the form of a woman to gain human sperm then relays with a woman using the human sperm to impregnate the women. Granted that is more of a Christian theology in practice than a Hellenic notion of daemon / daimon.
                  I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

See, I never got that from my church-goings or Bible readings. Fallen angels were disgraced angels, demons were demons.
                    Sort of variable, I commonly hear fallen angels called demons but I've also seen them treated completely different and demons were always demons.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                      Sort of variable, I commonly hear fallen angels called demons but I've also seen them treated completely different and demons were always demons.
                      Just like Lucifer... Sometimes Lucifer is a fallen angel, who burned too brightly and loved God too greatly, and 'Satan' is like a title for him. And other times, he's treated as though he became a completely different creature when he fell out of Heaven. Or that the Lucifer who fell from Heaven in disgrace isn't even the same entity as Satan/the Devil. It's weird. Good thing I'm not Christian, having to keep all that straight, lol.

Comment

Wait. Now we are disputing stuff from a book none of you believe?

I am so confused
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          Wait. Now we are disputing stuff from a book none of you believe?

I am so confused
                          Ain't it awesome?

Comment

Ain't it awesome?
                            yes. yes it is.
                            bth_smileypopcorneating.gif
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                              Now doesn't that fall more into the category of Incubus and Sucubus. One created by a demon who takes the form of a woman to gain human sperm then relays with a woman using the human sperm to impregnate the women. Granted that is more of a Christian theology in practice than a Hellenic notion of daemon / daimon.
                              Nope. The Nephilim are the Nephilim, who are the offspring of the 'sons of God' and human women. Incubi and Sucubi are something quite different, and are 'full bred' spirits, so to speak. The latter as a group originate in Sumerian and Akkadian myth, from the stories of the lilu and lilitu, both of which are now referred to as demons.

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                              Actually, the term 'demon' only appeared in the Bible when it was translated into Greek. Before that it was just words that meant 'spirit' or 'divine one' or 'like the gods'. And the original Greek term 'daimon/daemon', from which we get the word 'demon' never indicated the morality of a spirit... just that it was a divine spirit. It only had negative connotations attached to it in relatively modern translations of the Biblical texts.

Just like Lucifer... Sometimes Lucifer is a fallen angel, who burned too brightly and loved God too greatly, and 'Satan' is like a title for him. And other times, he's treated as though he became a completely different creature when he fell out of Heaven. Or that the Lucifer who fell from Heaven in disgrace isn't even the same entity as Satan/the Devil. It's weird. Good thing I'm not Christian, having to keep all that straight, lol.
                              In most Satanist, Luciferian and Demonolatry circles, Lucifer isn't the same entity as the Devil, and the Devil is not the same entity as Satan. Plus it's debated whether Lucifer ever held the title of ha-Satan or whether that was just a part of the devilisation and amalgamation of several of the Caananite and Biblical entities.

And in general, modern Christians have it easy... anything that is not YHVH or an angel is either a demon or is the Devil. That's part of why there is so much confusion over whether or not Lucifer is the Devil is Satan. It's those of us who work with the entities from the pre-Christian Middle East that have to figure out who is who and where they actually stand in regards to humans and interacting with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                                Actually, the term 'demon' only appeared in the Bible when it was translated into Greek. Before that it was just words that meant 'spirit' or 'divine one' or 'like the gods'. And the original Greek term 'daimon/daemon', from which we get the word 'demon' never indicated the morality of a spirit... just that it was a divine spirit. It only had negative connotations attached to it in relatively modern translations of the Biblical texts.
                                I wasn't talking about the history of the word. The statement demons were always demons was due to one of half a dozen perspectives on angels/demons that considered demons to be a separate creation from the angels instead of the more pop-culture approach where demons are angels that rebelled against the LoH and lost.
                                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X