Beginning working with spirits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginning working with spirits

Where I'm living is haunted! Big time! But not by any harmful or aggressive spirits, fortunately. There does seem to be quite a collection of them. That or there are a few that get around quite a bit. Either way, I catch the sight of motion out of the corner of my eye several times a day. Some of the motion that I'm seeing is near windows, or in the area of something that could be reflecting a shadow or light. Yet some of it is against a wall with nothing near it; in the corner near where I've been sitting for some time (nothing is in the corner); and other places where shadows and light do not tend to move around much. And there are the sundry unexplained noises and the dogs looking at something that does not seem to be there.

Armed with that; I am reading what I can find about what I refer to as spirit work. As everyone is aware of, what I will find and read will seldom include the "nice to know" stuff that only experience can bring. So... I am asking for any "tips", "Tricks", little bits of info that the books and web pages will not have. Things like "Don't EVER...", or "This may sound crazy, but...". Any pointers, good books or articles to read to get one started. What to expect from my first attempts to make contact. Things I can do to help them, or make things easier for them. What have you. I'm open.

And do keep in mind that I have never worked with spirits before, so this is all new to me.

I don't KNOW for sure that there are spirits where I'm living; but that would answer a lot of questions, so I'm hoping, at least, that it is spirits I'm "seeing". If it's not that, then rapidly growing insanity would be the next logical explaination. Which is not out of the question; but I really don't see myself as being THAT far gone, yet.

Re: Beginning working with spirits

I would first suggest that you do not make assumptions where the perceived "benevolence" of these spirits is concerned.

You first say that "...but not by any harmful or aggressive spirits, fortunately" and then later you say "...I don't KNOW for sure that there are spirits where I'm living...". Well, with all due respect, if you aren't even sure that there ARE spirits where you are living, then you can't be sure if they aren't aggressive or harmful, can you?

Just because an entity does not display overtly aggressive behaviour in the beginning does not mean that it cannot later develop obsessive and destructive tendencies. This is why it's a good idea to practice caution when attempting to "contact" an entity, especially one in your home. They can develop unhealthy attachments and expectations to and of you or your family, and it can be very difficult to get rid of them once they do.

I would also first ask yourself, "why do I desire to contact these entities?". What do you hope to gain from this contact? Are you prepared if these entities turn out to be something wholly malevolent and do you have the skills and capacity to rid yourself and your home of them if they do?

I would first learn to protect yourself and your home before attempting to contact these beings (if they are beings at all) - and I would also give a hell of a lot of thought to what I've said before, because (as pessimistic as it sounds) this is how people get themselves into trouble with spiritual entities.

Comment

This is definitely not a thing to play around or tinker with. I would personally just recommend to sage the whole house.

Comment

Originally posted by blue_coyote View Post
        This is definitely not a thing to play around or tinker with. I would personally just recommend to sage the whole house.
        I'd add that sage has passed into new age stuff but for the area i'd think a cedar, maybe other evergreen, smudging would be closer to what would have been used. If not cedar then a tobacco smudge as it also serves as an offering to many land spirits. If one is calling upon local land spirits and stuff to help they probably would not recognize sage as a purification item.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I'm on the band-wagon with cleansing your space, and yourself. There are tons of methods, find one that works well for you and stick to it. Smudging, salt, water, chant, prayer, whatever.

Comment

Working...
          X