This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agnosticism

Can we have a thread/section for that, please? I do not identify with Atheism at all but I also do not believe in any other religion because of my militant belief that absolutely everyone, everywhere, is wrong about god/religion/spirituality. There is simply no way to know and no way to prove it, and every talk about gods as real makes me snicker.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Re: Agnosticism

I'm tossing this into site info Bjorn since it's largely an organizational issue once you get to the idea of sections devoted to it instead of single threads. Past that, adding sections is above my paygrade.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

If there is enough interest for it, I see no reason why not to include it as a subcategory. But that being said, I don't do any of the coding for the website because if I did, it would look like we entered 90s software everytime people came here, lol.

I'll see what the other staff think.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      I'm tossing this into site info Bjorn since it's largely an organizational issue once you get to the idea of sections devoted to it instead of single threads. Past that, adding sections is above my paygrade.
      you beat me!

Mostly art.

Comment

I'm sorry for misplacement -- from now on I'll post things like this in site information.

and YAY! It's worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

you beat me!
          :cthulhu:...
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
            :cthulhu:...
            haha, that made me think of the cthulu thing I do. I put my fingers over my mouth upside down and wiggle them and then make icky ssss-splurp-ssss sounds.....it's not very flattering...

Mostly art.

Comment

lolz Cthulu impressions are always entertaining

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                haha, that made me think of the cthulu thing I do. I put my fingers over my mouth upside down and wiggle them and then make icky ssss-splurp-ssss sounds.....it's not very flattering...
                My first thought was Cthulu too - lil' chibi Cthulu. And I just imitated the slurpydurpyfingerwiggles :E

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                  My first thought was Cthulu too - lil' chibi Cthulu. And I just imitated the slurpydurpyfingerwiggles :E
                  check your whatsapp, lol...

*runs and hides*

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                    Can we have a thread/section for that, please? I do not identify with Atheism at all but I also do not believe in any other religion because of my militant belief that absolutely everyone, everywhere, is wrong about god/religion/spirituality. There is simply no way to know and no way to prove it, and every talk about gods as real makes me snicker.
                    You sound like an atheist though. It's exactly how I believe.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

is there actually enough to be said about agnosticism, and enough people here wanting to say it, to justify a whole subcategory for it? A thread would work though.

Comment

Usually people who identify as agnostic are atheists, and Agnosticism is a philosophical position relating to the existence of gods. We already have places for those topics/discussions, Atheism and The Great Debate.
                        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          You sound like an atheist though. It's exactly how I believe.

But I believe in the possibility of god as well, and incorporate "worship" to my version of god. I just know that I'm wrong and that everyone else is too. I honestly believe there is something out there, just that we can't possibly know what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                          Usually people who identify as agnostic are atheists, and Agnosticism is a philosophical position relating to the existence of gods. We already have places for those topics/discussions, Atheism and The Great Debate.
                          I believe in a higher power, just not anybody's definition of what it is so there's really no need to quote what MOST people are, I'm talking about me, and agnostic fits pretty well since I DO believe in a higher power. Agnosticism simply says it cannot be proven either way so that the possibility and impossibility are equal. It leaves that sense of maybe in there, and it is actually a religious perspective of reasonable doubt.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
                          is there actually enough to be said about agnosticism, and enough people here wanting to say it, to justify a whole subcategory for it? A thread would work though.
                          I think there's a great deal to be said from people who don't try to strap their spirits to any specific path. If there's no interest here that's fine, but there's a lot to say.

Comment

Oh, ok. Just with what you posted, it sounded very much like an atheist. Though with your explanation, I can see where you veer off from me. Either way. It's a good topic to have.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              Oh, ok. Just with what you posted, it sounded very much like an atheist. Though with your explanation, I can see where you veer off from me. Either way. It's a good topic to have.
                              Yeah, I see now how I was a bit unclear -- my bad! That's why I wanted to have something separate from atheism because the word simply doesn't describe it -- I just fully accept that I'm full of shit and that one of the possibilities is that there is no god. ^_^

Comment

Working...
                              X