LaVeyan Satanic Witchcraft -- A Resource Tool, NOT a discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LaVeyan Satanic Witchcraft -- A Resource Tool, NOT a discussion

I think that actually helps. It sort of comes across like a Myers-Briggs test, as if you'll just "know" and clearly that's not the case...perhaps a combination of natural inclinations and the choice to enhance the parts of yourself that will attract what you desire.

Weirdly, I see no issue with considering ideas like these into my own little world, especially since I see magic primarily as a tool for personal change/growth/enhancement, and that's what this kind of witchcraft is a about. I think I'll have to peruse further. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want the baggage that goes with the satanist title, since it's not my style, but I can totally see the appeal.

Comment

This is interesting to me in some ways. When I lived in San Francisco I knew Anton Lavay. This is kind of a "City" thing.

If you live there long enough,you "Find" the "secret" hangouts..something no tourist would know about because most places are in very out of the way places. At one time or another you end up meeting "famous people" while hanging out in these places. Golden rule was,these people are just ordinary folks,and don't do the Crazed fan thing. I met Robin Williams a few times at the place he played poker. Also there are certain eating places where it is mainly city dwellers,seldom if ever tourists. It is kind of a San Francisco thing. I knew a lot of people in the theater,both actors and back stage workers. If you went to some coffee houses you met struggling actors and writers,and some well known ones as well. We are NOT talking "Starbucks" here..these places are often in alleys or in very off the beaten path areas. Used to run into some of the "Grateful dead" from time to time also. Anton was an interesting guy,though we seldom discussed his involvement with the COS,I was never very attracted to that brand of belief having my own path to lead. Everyone has what I think is several sides and sometimes these different areas do not cross over. I do understand that mainly the COS as I knew it then was more about doing what you wanted with no guilt. The ritual aspects was really what turned me off to the whole thing,never having been one for pomp and circumstance. That's just my way,but I understand peoples need for ritual and ceremony. I hope you find what you need Bjorn,and I think Medusa will most likely be a good teacher for you to learn and grow in your path.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        Physically I try to portray myself as a 'classic' female. Soft, curvy, small shoulders, long hair. Because I want to command the attention of alpha males. 6 is considered a classic woman. While 3 is the Air sign area, which as a libra, I am. Intellectual, critical, thinker, not sociable (in the general sense).

As a 5 I am a strong dominant woman. Outwardly I show this. Those that get to know me, intimately, know I can be submissive, domestic, caring.

You are in your 20s. Most women don't know what they are yet anyways. Don't sweat it.

In my early 20s I was a shy, akwardly anti social girl. I was the submissive always wanting to be liked girl. I never really gave my opinion on things. And I was the negotiator between my family. I got sick of it and wanted to change. Change to what I was holding back inside. Due to my not so great childhood, I was unable to have my own voice. It was a true matter of actual life and death to keep my mouth shut and my beliefs to myself.

I now have an uncensored way of speaking and being. Without fear or guilt. That didn't come till after my 20s.
        3 being the air sign that I am as well, Gemini, is very easy for me to identify with given that I am a nervous, cynical, adaptable, logical person by nature. Also, I've got the hips and buttocks of a 'classic' female, but I tend to be the opposite as you suggest: I display my vulnerabilities and see if any are willing to take on the challenge, but once you get to know me you know that I will yield to no one but myself unless logic and science prevail.

I will put the clock on the shelf, as you suggest. I see that my inner self is probably much more a 3 (cynical, surly, mean, logical, disinterested in social pursuits) whereas outwardly, I appear confident, aggressive, passionate, and willing to stand up for myself. I wonder if those aren't traits more befitting a defense mechanism to keep people away from my squishy innards (much like a crab with its shell).
        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

As with any personality test, I find myself struggling between 3 choices:
          1) Which answer best describes what I truly believe about myself?
          2) Which answer best describes what I want to believe about myself?
          3) Which answer best describes what I other people to believe about myself?

In the interest of honesty, I tried to answer in accordance with option #1, to the best of my ability... but I can't guarantee that #2 and #3 didn't influence me.

All said, I, like so many of you, am all over the place... I don't know how to read my results.

I kinda wonder if that was the intent.
          "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
            As with any personality test, I find myself struggling between 3 choices:
            1) Which answer best describes what I truly believe about myself?
            2) Which answer best describes what I want to believe about myself?
            3) Which answer best describes what I other people to believe about myself?

In the interest of honesty, I tried to answer in accordance with option #1, to the best of my ability... but I can't guarantee that #2 and #3 didn't influence me.

All said, I, like so many of you, am all over the place... I don't know how to read my results.

I kinda wonder if that was the intent.
            You hit on something though. The fact that you have to stop and evaluate yourself honestly. That's extremely difficult. Something Satanism has taught me is to differentiate between what I want to portray and what I truly am (because I protect that inner core with my defense outer core) if that makes sense. Like I said, in Satanism, finding this clock is not as easy as just sitting down and seeing what fits. Because to find a true place on the clock you must be brutally honest with yourself. Something that's not easy. I mean it's easy to lie to others. It's very hard to tell if I'm lying to myself.

Maybe go with this as a starting point: What are my actions? One reason I'm pretty silent about the inner workings of me being a Satanist is because in my belief system, I've moved out of the phase of questioning everything. I'm in the action phase. I know who I am. I just do.

Evil Yoda, I am!

But you know what I mean?
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

You hit on something though. The fact that you have to stop and evaluate yourself honestly. That's extremely difficult. Something Satanism has taught me is to differentiate between what I want to portray and what I truly am (because I protect that inner core with my defense outer core) if that makes sense. Like I said, in Satanism, finding this clock is not as easy as just sitting down and seeing what fits. Because to find a true place on the clock you must be brutally honest with yourself. Something that's not easy. I mean it's easy to lie to others. It's very hard to tell if I'm lying to myself.

Maybe go with this as a starting point: What are my actions? One reason I'm pretty silent about the inner workings of me being a Satanist is because in my belief system, I've moved out of the phase of questioning everything. I'm in the action phase. I know who I am. I just do.

Evil Yoda, I am!

But you know what I mean?
              Most definitely. The past several years have been emotionally painful because of all of the bullshit of my OWN that I smell. The longer and deeper I look at myself the more I am convinced I'm probably a louse, heh.

Comment

Well I'm pretty incapable of feeling affection. I mean really feel it. I fake it. I like it. I know what it should be. But I'm not grounded to people whatsoever. And I can't love properly.

broken. Taxi for one.

Comment

Well I'm pretty incapable of feeling affection. I mean really feel it. I fake it. I like it. I know what it should be. But I'm not grounded to people whatsoever. And I can't love properly.

broken. Taxi for one.
                  Ack, that sounds awful but then I reconsidered. I don't see how feeling emotions as strongly as freight trains and taking them as truths when they're happening is any better. Get my tender heart broken and turns me bitter, cynical, and causes me to struggle against them in order to not be a total asshat all the time.

I WISH I was detached enough to fake shit. I can and have, but I'm far too egotistical to not be authentically myself and it usually makes me look like a douchebucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                    Ack, that sounds awful but then I reconsidered. I don't see how feeling emotions as strongly as freight trains and taking them as truths when they're happening is any better. Get my tender heart broken and turns me bitter, cynical, and causes me to struggle against them in order to not be a total asshat all the time.

I WISH I was detached enough to fake shit. I can and have, but I'm far too egotistical to not be authentically myself and it usually makes me look like a douchebucket.
                    I'm pretty sure after my dad died when I was 11, I just said f it to the world.
                    But yeah, I'm tough as nails. Even with a cheek like a squirrel. I posted a pic of my jaw in the photo thread.

Comment

I got the Satanists Bible years ago. I really should read it. Thanks for reminding me.
                      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                      Seen the desert and the birds
                      You cut your hair short
                      Like a shush to an insult
                      The world had been yelling
                      Since the day you were born
                      Revolting with anger
                      While it smiled like it was cute
                      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment