Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thats the holiday spirit...Oh I mean Christmas spirit..don't hit me.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats the holiday spirit...Oh I mean Christmas spirit..don't hit me.

Careful how you greet people this holiday or should that be merry Christmas???

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/woman-h...erry-christmas

Happy holidays everyone!!
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Thats the holiday spirit...Oh I mean Christmas spirit..don't hit me.

... -_-' what the hell people seriously. Here it goes again, JUST because someone doesn't share the same faith as everyone else, does not...i repeat not....mean you can just randomly hit/beat/assault/label/whatever them in the street...seriously who the hell cares anyway?! happy holidays, merry christmas...its all the damn same.
    I'm telling you people have serious issues!!!

Have a happy and merry CHRISTMAS holiday season...there...now weird offended a**hole people GET OFF MY LAWN!!! lmao

Comment

Personally I'm very happy if anyone wishes me a Merry Anything.

It makes a pleasant change from 'bugger off you old bat'
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

This whole "issue" just bothers me.

For heaven's sake, just be happy that someone was pleasant. no one means to insult anyone with a greeting. If you don't celebrate Christmas, just accept that the other person probably does and was just trying to be friendly. If you do, don't take the omission of the word "Christmas" as an affront to your beliefs. JUST BE NICE TO PEOPLE. Gods.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post

For heaven's sake, just be happy that someone was pleasant. no one means to insult anyone with a greeting. If you don't celebrate Christmas, just accept that the other person probably does and was just trying to be friendly. If you do, don't take the omission of the word "Christmas" as an affront to your beliefs. JUST BE NICE TO PEOPLE. Gods.
          DanieMarie knows what's up.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post

My poit exactly and completely agreed. I don't understand where the big deal is about just being nice to people. it really isn't that hard.

Comment

I do not understand. Why don't people understand that A) the greeting is supposed to be for the person hearing it, not saying it, so it doesn't matter what your own religious beliefs are, the point is that you're acknowledging the other person's religious identity and B) Christmas is a holiday and is included in Happy Holidays.

Why is this so difficult???

Comment

The other thing I don't understand is why this is an issue -now.- I wasn't around back in the day, but I'm pretty sure no one flipped out when Bing Crosby sang the song "Happy Holiday." That song has been played around Christmas since 1942 with no issues whatsoever. There have been cards, banners, and greetings saying "Happy Holidays" for years and it wasn't a big deal. Now people want to get all crazy about it.

It works the other way too. When I was in college in Canada, the city I lived in decided to call the big Christmas tree at city hall (or maybe it was the legislative buildings) a "seasonal tree", because of the residents who didn't celebrate Christmas. Aside from the fact that other major religions in the area don't even have a tree at all, what is wrong with the word "Christmas"? I don't see how being PC about it is more inclusive. Some people back then used to get upset if someone wished them a "merry christmas" because they didn't celebrate...just get over it. Someone was nice to you.

Comment

I got this at work last night, and it took all my self control not to go off. Was cashing the guy out and told him "Have a good rest of your evening and a happy holiday"...got back a rather snotty "Its merry christmas. I celebrate Christmas". -___-

"Well sir, not everyone does, I certainly don't, so I'd rather just say Happy holidays and not assume one way or the other." He shut up and left after that but still. I hate when people get all pissy just because someone even bothered to wish them anything. Why can't they just say "You too" and be happy that someone even took the time to say anything at all? They could be like my brother and hate the whole holiday season period and be a complete scrooge.
                  Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                  Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                  sigpic

Comment

everything is an effing issue nowadays...in general...this is just another one of the many things people all of a sudden have problems with. most likely because they have too much time to think or something. god knows what the heck the problem is. whatever it is they need to get over themselves. its annoying!

and in general may i point out that it just pisses me off, that people cant just be nice and caring...show interest in others and just be effing normal.......................seriously how hard is it to put your needs/feelings aside FOR ONCE to maybe....JUST MAYBE make someone else feel good....being surrounded by self centered people feels so damn f**king good seriously -_-' *goes and sits in an effing corner*
                    Last edited by Guest; 16 Dec 2013, 08:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilium of the Valley View Post
                      everything is an effing issue nowadays...in general...this is just another one of the many things people all of a sudden have problems with. most likely because they have too much time to think or something. god knows what the heck the problem is. whatever it is they need to get over themselves. its annoying!

and in general may i point out that it just pisses me off, that people cant just be nice and caring...show interest in others and just be effing normal.......................seriously how hard is it to put your needs/feelings aside FOR ONCE to maybe....JUST MAYBE make someone else feel good....being surrounded by self centered people feels so damn f**king good seriously -_-' *goes and sits in an effing corner*
                      totally agree!

Comment

Let's be real here. I wear my earbuds in my ears in public. Almost all the time. People say things to me and I just say Sorry, Thank you, yes, no. I have no idea what anybody is saying to me. We have one of those ringers at the Ralph's across from my work. I go there early in the morning before my shift starts to get a croissant and some fruit. I see this gal. She swings the bell. Says something. I say thank you, you too. I have no idea what she has ever said to me. I just smile and ignore the whole world while it loses it's every loving mind at this time of year.

So if you see a gal just nodding and smiling. It's me. And I have no idea what you said. And you don't even care. So there.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Years ago we just said 'greetings of the season' and left it at that. Some called it the festive season.

And Mr Penry always called it the festering season...
                          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

This whole thing reminds me of a Cyanide and Happiness comic.

Guy 1: "Merry Christmas!"
                            Guy 2: "You know, that may be a little insensitive to people who don't celebrate Christmas."

Guy 1: "Happy Holidays!"
                            Guy 3: "Oh great, a generic holiday greeting..."

Guy 1: "Hi!"
                            Guy 4: "What the hell is that supposed to mean!?"

Reiterating what's already been said though, I really think people need to stop getting so offended at gestures of politeness. I don't care if someone wishes me Merry Christmas or Happy Azathoth Day. It's a holiday greeting, so I accept it, smile, and say "you too." I never initiate holiday greetings though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                              Years ago we just said 'greetings of the season' and left it at that. Some called it the festive season.

And Mr Penry always called it the festering season...
                              Meeting Mr. Penry is on my 'bucket list'...
                              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
                              Clan of my Clan
                              Kin of my Kin
                              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Working...
                              X