Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you grateful for, CHRISTMAS edition (AKA, So...whatcha get?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you grateful for, CHRISTMAS edition (AKA, So...whatcha get?)

I thought this could be fun, since Christmas is officially over worldwide. What happened on Christmas that you are thankful for, grateful for, excited about? Did you get a cool gadget, or did your mom fly across three states just to see you? Did you make someone smile yesterday, or find a sweet deal online?

Things I am thankful for:
    - the man and I opened presents in the morning like we were little kids, complete with stockings
    - Christmas morning sex and waffles
    - I saw some little ptarmigan feetprints on my walk yesterday
    - even amidst all the cooking for the big party we threw last night, there was still time for cuddles and video games
    - I called all my friends in Smithers in the evening, and had a big conversation with everyone on speakerphone, and they all miss me, and to hear their voices made me the most glad out of everything that happened yesterday.

Sweet stuff I got:
    - an all-natural perfume sampler kit (I'm SUPER allergic to anything scented, and I finally found ONE company I can wear they have an etsy store)
    - ninja suit long-john onesie
    - a new camera tripod
    - a 1936 edition of A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
    - a 1905 edition of a booked entitled The Glamour of British-Columbia
    - my grandma knitted me a cowichan sweater
    - so much oolong tea

Your turn.

Mostly art.

Re: What are you grateful for, CHRISTMAS edition (AKA, So...whatcha get?)

We were supposed to go see my mom on the other side of the state, but we canceled because it will be 2 weeks before hubby gets another pay check and decided we best stay here at home this year. We plan on visiting her in a few weeks.

Our neighbors who are very wonderful people, invited us over to Christmas supper and OMG she is an awesome cook and I REALLY over ate! She also gave us a HUGE bowl of fudges, cookies and other goodies WAY more than we can eat....and guess who is the "chocoholic" and has the biggest sweet tooth in the house......ME!! LOL!

~What I am thankful for:
    *spending time with my family (hubby and son)
    *celebrating the birth of Jesus
    *seeing the smile on my son's face while he was opening gifts
    *my sweet black cat
    :^^:

~Sweet stuff I got:
    *purple glitter nail polish...I LOVE purple and glitter!
    *one my fave perfumes
    *$25.00
    *a beautiful ceramic angel that my son got me.....he told me "she wanted to be with you" and that is why he got it!

I know those gifts are small and seem "cheap" but it is stuff I like and will use. Those are my fave kinds of gifts! :^^:
    sigpic

Comment

~What I am thankful for:
      * My maths exam was high-marked, though I was super sleepy (The feeling is great!!!)
      * My cat (I love it!)
      * And I am thankful for spending plenty of time in this precious Forum!

~Sweet goodness I got:
      * 24 $
      * Some nice melodies I have found in the Internet.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Double-time & a half at work for me, woohoo!

Oh, and my husband made some cute little earrings for me
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

-Mom's test results came back promising
          -My kid was legitimately high on Xmas and still is
          -the 'family' I was worried would try to intrude stayed away
          -sex
          -my uncle got me earrings...that require me to increase my homeowner's insurance. No really. Like triple the coverage for jewelry (I'm afraid to wear them at this point)
          -short days for the next 3 days at work
          -enough money to pay for half the new Xbox

Comment

I have always believed that three things go to make a great Christmas:
            1. No bloodshed
            2. No fires (Mr Penry, please take note)
            3. No food poisoning.

So year, we had a great Christmas. And the very first that we've had on our own and it was wonderful. Peaceful and magical. I highly recommend it. We saw family on other days but not on Christmas Day.

And what did my beloved buy me for Christmas?
            A scimitar sword. About two hundred years old. And for reasons I cannot explain, it is not propped in a corner of the upstairs toilet.

Don't ask....
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
              And what did my beloved buy me for Christmas?
              A scimitar sword. About two hundred years old. And for reasons I cannot explain, it is not propped in a corner of the upstairs toilet.

Don't ask....
              <-- Wants to know more about this. hahaha So I am asking

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                I have always believed that three things go to make a great Christmas:
                1. No bloodshed
                2. No fires (Mr Penry, please take note)
                3. No food poisoning.
                Sometimes bloodshed and fires make for such excellently good times! And maybe i am crazier than you..... but really fires are awesome!
                But food poisoning does indeed suck the fun out of all fun times.
                Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                - I saw some little ptarmigan feetprints on my walk yesterday
                I read this as parmesan... and wondered who put cheese on your walk...

-My best friend had her baby! I got to go hold him and feed him and smush him on Christmas morning! (Dec 24th baby... complications with the pregnancy and birth but all is well and the lovely man is out in the world now!)
                -The hubby drove around with me looking for christmas light displays... It's a thing and the lights make me happy, so i loved it!
                -We found the apartment we are moving into, I now just have to find a job in that area and we can move promptly!
                -I got new cotton socks and undies (cotton undies are so underestimated for their awesomeness.) and i got new fuzzy jammies and fluffy slippers, so I am cozy! (have to go online and order them for hubby, cause no stores carry anything in stock that fits him... I married a giant...)
                -And my kitty who is sitting on my lap headbutting my nose....
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

i had a horrid tooth infection the whole time. Still trying to get it down. Fuck Christmas and that fucking baby.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Grateful for? My husband's family. Mine went mental this Xmas.

I got a deep freeze. $80 for my ereader. And about $100 in cash. A losing lottery ticket. Candy. Woo!
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Christmas drives me mad. Having lunch/dinner/thenbreakfast with the hubby's family was a nuisance. Not a single vegetarian food in sight, even though we discussed it in advance, and I offered to bring my own (then at dinner, I made a comment and she said 'oh it's in the fridge' as if I should've known all along... and I had to cook it myself... dafuq, when you pay $20 for Christmas lunch and cook it yourself?), not to mention only 3 salads didn't have bacon in them. Fucking awesome. Then I didn't even get to sleep in a room with a door, even though we were told we would... ugh, so much hate and I could go on.

On the flip side I got too presents from my side:
                      'birdy' embroidery scissors
                      $30 123stictch.com voucher
                      BREADMAKER
                      Lazy susan for our huge table

from hubbys side I got an avon mini hairdryer (like what?) and a MASSIVE box of chocolate and lollies and SHIT, not all of it was even vegetarian, like wtf...

But what I was really thankful for, was my christmas card from Hawkfeathers. It reminded me of the forum, and how much I miss you guys! (your cards are coming... later :P)
                      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                      Seen the desert and the birds
                      You cut your hair short
                      Like a shush to an insult
                      The world had been yelling
                      Since the day you were born
                      Revolting with anger
                      While it smiled like it was cute
                      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I'm grateful I even had a job this christmas. I wanted to go home to see family, but at least I had my husband home, and not stuck overseas getting shot at like last year. Made some decent money Christmas eve and christmas day, which allowed me to get Colm a new headset for our ps3 and me a shiny new webcam.
                        Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                        Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                        sigpic

Comment

What am I grateful for?

- My parents and family.
                          - My dogs.
                          - My Harry Potter blanket that my sis and her husband gave me.
                          - My two books that I was able to get from the amazon card that my mom and dad gave me.
                          - My Harry Potter collection dvd that my mom and dad gave me.
                          - My health (at least i'm not dead yet).

That's all I can think of for now.
                          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

What I got:
                            -this super big art set that comes in a case that opens into three tiers. I probably wont use more than half of it but it's still pretty sweet.
                            -several pairs of wool socks. I've never had wool socks before and I love love love these. My only problem is they male my ankle and lower leg itch after awhile.
                            -Clothes, a niceish sweatshirt and lounge pants from my grandparents. A nice t-shirt from my great aunt (she gave my a huge chocolate bar too. It's gone)
                            -$20 gift card to barnes and nobles.

I'm actually quite happy. It's still a little discouraging to see the literal mountain both of my step-brothers have but I got several useful things and there were tons more stuff from my step mom's side of the family. I wish my family had a more harmonious christmas but all in all it wasn't a terrible day.
                            Circe

Comment

Working...
                            X