X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions, problems, issues, etc...Post 'em here

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
    If I remember, modding that entry was more annoying than the admins cared to deal with so setting it to manual entry is unlikely. That said, it's already optional. Go into Settings then Edit Profile, scroll down to gender and click the drop down menu. You should have the options of a blank line, male and female. Just click the blank line and then save the changes to your profile.
    Thanks for pointing that out; I'll probably leave it as is, since "female" works well enough. I do seem to recall that inputting "male" or "female" was not optional upon signup, though...or at least, the option to leave the question blank was not evident to me when I signed up. I thought all those questions in red had to be answered!

Comment

Can't speak for sign-up. It's been a while since I registered but blanking the entry through settings is something I tested out right before posting and that I know a site supporter has done so unless it's tied to permissions, it should work.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Thanks. I think I was just confused, then.

Comment

Can you follow a thread without posting a comment?

Comment

Originally posted by theonetruth
            So I am here to share spiritual awakening through certain website, but i am not allowed to post links or images? So what to do?
            Links and images require 15 posts that are not in

Intros

or

Games

After that your account will automatically upgrade to allow them.

Also, be aware of the rules, specifically rules 4 and 6. Violations of either will be answered swiftly and decisively by site staff.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Just wanted to give a heads up that the report button in forum posts and PMs is really, really hard to see. I'm not sure if other people have this issue (I know that different users use different color schemes and such), but it took me ages to find it because the default display that I get from the forum is almost the exact same color...

Comment

the problem poster is gone. I'll leave the theme issue to Juni and Thal, it's above my paygrade.

Comment

Cool...I just wanted to point it out to admin, in case it's an issue for other users

Comment

Ok I have a question. Can 2 users use one language in the chat but switch to English when another person logs in?
                    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                      Ok I have a question. Can 2 users use one language in the chat but switch to English when another person logs in?
                      If it's in whispers/private IM's, yes. But not when it's in normal chat. Treat it the same as a private message on the forum. We don't care if you speak another language nor require translation if it's a privately held conversation. But if it's in the public parts of the forum (any non private messages), an English translation must be presented or English must be spoken.
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                        If it's in whispers/private IM's, yes. But not when it's in normal chat. Treat it the same as a private message on the forum. We don't care if you speak another language nor require translation if it's a privately held conversation. But if it's in the public parts of the forum (any non private messages), an English translation must be presented or English must be spoken.
                        No problem, thanks.
                        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Sooo....

if you've been compelled to read my oppression alert and made your way here. Awesome. That means one of our modifications worked. We are in the process of testing out several modifications on the forum. If you encounter any errors in normal forum operations then please let us know.

Comment

I don't think that topic really explained what's exactly being changed, nor what oppression is, in this instance. I have a general idea, but I think some clarity would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by toxicyarnglare View Post
                              I don't think that topic really explained what's exactly being changed, nor what oppression is. I have a general idea, but I think some clarity would be nice.
                              Mostly that topic was me testing out new mods in a way I find entertaining. The two features that we are currently making public.

1) As the previous topic demonstrates, staff can now make announcements that must click on before continuing your normal business. This is a minor feature for the most part but it provides a guarantee that specific topics will at least be visited. There is a possibility of it being applied to certain rule threads for new members and various events in the future may provoke it's use for other means.

2) Staff now have a ban from thread option. If a staff member comes to the conclusion that specific individual members are detrimental to a thread but that their actions do not merit severe sanction, then we can evict said individuals from that thread. Once a threadban is in play, affected parties will not be able to enter let alone comment in a thread while they are logged in. They can monitor the thread somewhat through activity stream or reading while logged out but direct interaction between their account and the thread will be banned.

I didn't leave the thread in question open because I don't know yet if people are forced to keep up with it and while I'll test that later, I didn't want a forcible redirect every new post if a conversation started in thread.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                                Mostly that topic was me testing out new mods in a way I find entertaining. The two features that we are currently making public.

1) As the previous topic demonstrates, staff can now make announcements that must click on before continuing your normal business. This is a minor feature for the most part but it provides a guarantee that specific topics will at least be visited. There is a possibility of it being applied to certain rule threads for new members and various events in the future may provoke it's use for other means.

2) Staff now have a ban from thread option. If a staff member comes to the conclusion that specific individual members are detrimental to a thread but that their actions do not merit severe sanction, then we can evict said individuals from that thread. Once a threadban is in play, affected parties will not be able to enter let alone comment in a thread while they are logged in. They can monitor the thread somewhat through activity stream or reading while logged out but direct interaction between their account and the thread will be banned.

I didn't leave the thread in question open because I don't know yet if people are forced to keep up with it and while I'll test that later, I didn't want a forcible redirect every new post if a conversation started in thread.
                                That makes a lot more sense, thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
                                X