X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Questions, problems, issues, etc...Post 'em here

Originally posted by Skyhon View Post
    Hey, I’m totally new to this forum. I have a question pertaining to one of the rules posted. It says you can't post about anything illegal, which, trust me, I absolutely understand. However, recently, most of my experiences and ventures into the spiritual side has happened with the aid of weed. In MY state, Washington, it is completely legal—I could walk over to my neighborhood pot shop right now and get some (I am of age.) My question is, can I post about this if it’s legal in my state? Or do I have to omit the fact that I smoked when talking about my experiences because it's not legal in a federal sense? I really want to discuss everything that I’ve learned. Thank you
    Welcome to PF.

I'm gonna toss this query to Juni and Thal as I'm not aware of what I'd consider a binding precedent one way or another. With luck, one of us should get back to you before too long.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

if one remembers when the courts decided Native American religious belief used drugs as a sacrament was legal for them.

Just my memory on the subject.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        if one remembers when the courts decided Native American religious belief used drugs as a sacrament was legal for them.

Just my memory on the subject.
        The tribes are in many cases semi-autonomous quasi-nations enclosed within the boundaries of the United States. Law regarding them has as much to do with treaty as anything else. Either way, the only manner in which a federal court decision is liable to be massively influential here is if you find a current precedent explicitly striking down the federal ban. Marijuana regulation is a mess and that presents potential issues for PF rules. Federal court decisions making it even more complicated don't actually alter the fundamental factors in how staff are liable to rule here.
        "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
        ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          The tribes are in many cases semi-autonomous quasi-nations enclosed within the boundaries of the United States. Law regarding them has as much to do with treaty as anything else. Either way, the only manner in which a federal court decision is liable to be massively influential here is if you find a current precedent explicitly striking down the federal ban. Marijuana regulation is a mess and that presents potential issues for PF rules. Federal court decisions making it even more complicated don't actually alter the fundamental factors in how staff are liable to rule here.
          You could argue that because it is legal for me, the one talking about it, then it is not actually breaking any laws. Since none of you all would be saying that, in your non-legal state, you are the ones partaking, because you aren't. I am in my full legal right to talk about it, just like it isn't a crime to go to Leafly and look up pot strains when you are in a state where pot itself is illegal. There’s a reason why comedians can build a whole bit around smoking something illegal and get away with it. You can speak of it, but unless someone witnesses it happening, they can’t hop up on stage and just arrest him for talking about “some time” he’s smoked pot. If he had a gram on him obviously that would be different, but only in a state where it was illegal. In my state it is 100% legal to have a gram on hand and then some. If anyone would be getting in trouble, it would be me (the one talking about it) and not you (the site mods), and even then they couldn’t charge me with anything... Idk. If it’s too much of a hassle then I just won’t post. I just really wanted to discuss what i’ve learned in my journey. But it’s understandable if you’d rather I didn’t.

Comment

You could argue that because it is legal for me, the one talking about it, then it is not actually breaking any laws. Since none of you all would be saying that, in your non-legal state, you are the ones partaking, because you aren't. I am in my full legal right to talk about it, just like it isn't a crime to go to Leafly and look up pot strains when you are in a state where pot itself is illegal. There’s a reason why comedians can build a whole bit around smoking something illegal and get away with it. You can speak of it, but unless someone witnesses it happening, they can’t hop up on stage and just arrest him for talking about “some time” he’s smoked pot. If he had a gram on him obviously that would be different, but only in a state where it was illegal. In my state it is 100% legal to have a gram on hand and then some. If anyone would be getting in trouble, it would be me (the one talking about it) and not you (the site mods), and even then they couldn’t charge me with anything... Idk. If it’s too much of a hassle then I just won’t post. I just really wanted to discuss what i’ve learned in my journey. But it’s understandable if you’d rather I didn’t.
            As it stands, there's a pretty good idea of where we're gonna go that should provide a decent amount of freedom here but one of the owners hasn't commented yet and we're giving her a little time to state an opinion in the staff thread for this. The delay right now is less legal wrangling behind closed doors and more that one of the site owners has a pretty busy life and we want to give her a window to drop in, look at the issue and either agree with the current conscensus or point out something that's been missed.
            ―Thon

Yoda

Comment

Hey, I’m totally new to this forum. I have a question pertaining to one of the rules posted. It says you can't post about anything illegal, which, trust me, I absolutely understand. However, recently, most of my experiences and ventures into the spiritual side has happened with the aid of weed. In MY state, Washington, it is completely legal—I could walk over to my neighborhood pot shop right now and get some (I am of age.) My question is, can I post about this if it’s legal in my state? Or do I have to omit the fact that I smoked when talking about my experiences because it's not legal in a federal sense? I really want to discuss everything that I’ve learned. Thank you
              Alright, so where we currently stand on this is that as long as you are discussing events surrounding the quasi-legal (I will call it legal when the combination of a bored DEA agent and willing US Attorney can't punish you for using it) use of weed by you personally, site staff aren't going to take much issue. If the discussion ventures into

A. Bypassing regulations outside your home state
              B. The transport of weed across state lines
              C. Other activities that can be taken as a serious discussion on how to ignore various laws

Then we will likely shut the topic down and not allow a second attempt.
              ―Thon

Yoda

Comment

Should really remember the Tommy Chong issue,where he was prosecuted for selling "Legal" products BUT when shipping to other areas was charged for selling paraphernalia,that was not legal in that other area. thin gray line there.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

What happen to the chatrooms? Was it removed?

Comment

It was up last night and to my knowledge, none of the staff have done anything with it. Probably an issue with the nav bar getting a bit crowded, I can investigate later. I don't have time this morning.
                    ―Thon

Yoda

Comment

Chat is still there. It's just that the nav bar at the top is rather crowded at the moment and it's not adapting well to smaller screens so the link may disappear if you are looking on a phone or tablet.
                      ―Thon

Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        Chat is still there. It's just that the nav bar at the top is rather crowded at the moment and it's not adapting well to smaller screens so the link may disappear if you are looking on a phone or tablet.
                        Well, I'm using a smartphone so yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                          Well, I'm using a smartphone so yeah.
                          So am I. Small screens come with trade-offs. I think this one is probably fixable but not till after I talk to Juni.
                          ―Thon

Yoda

Comment

What happened to this forum? Did the forum crash for some reason?
                            Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 03 Nov 2019, 18:01.

Comment

It didn't crash. It's unclear what caused the issue, but the good news is the forum is back up and running.

I suspect it's an issue with the host server and the fact that we are running an older version software. I will be remedying this int he coming weeks so the forum may be inaccessible again for some time. I will do my best to giver advanced notice when we know the forum will be down.
                              “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                              X