X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions, problems, issues, etc...Post 'em here

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
    I can't put a space between my words when I respond to someone's post. I have to type it in word copy and paste it. I can however start fresh and make a new post without any space problems. What did I do?
    I'll look at your profile tonight. Does this issue hold across multiple devices and browsers?
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I can't put a space between my words when I respond to someone's post. I have to type it in word copy and paste it. I can however start fresh and make a new post without any space problems. What did I do?
      Alright, your profile seems normal and all told this doesn't sound like something forum software does. My suggestions in order of easiest to most irritating

1) Log into PF with a browser you don't normally use (Chrome if you like Firefox, Safari if you like Chrome, anything sane if you like IE, etc). See if the problem persists.
      2) Log into PF from a different machine and possibly a different browser, see if the problem persists.
      3) If 1 and 2 are both yes then I'll neuter stafftest temporarily and let you log in with it to see if the problem holds up
      4) If we reach 3 and the answer is no then I may need to take dramatic measures to get a look at this problem. We'll burn that bridge when we get to it. If we reach step 3 and you still run into problems with stafftest then there's a problem local to your devices that wasn't bypassed by step 1 or 2.

Also if you are running a particularly aggressive form of no-script then disable it and see if that fixes the issue.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Is it possible that you hit the "Insert" key and turned it to "type over" on your keyboard?
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          Alright, your profile seems normal and all told this doesn't sound like something forum software does. My suggestions in order of easiest to most irritating

1) Log into PF with a browser you don't normally use (Chrome if you like Firefox, Safari if you like Chrome, anything sane if you like IE, etc). See if the problem persists.
          2) Log into PF from a different machine and possibly a different browser, see if the problem persists.
          3) If 1 and 2 are both yes then I'll neuter stafftest temporarily and let you log in with it to see if the problem holds up
          4) If we reach 3 and the answer is no then I may need to take dramatic measures to get a look at this problem. We'll burn that bridge when we get to it. If we reach step 3 and you still run into problems with stafftest then there's a problem local to your devices that wasn't bypassed by step 1 or 2.

Also if you are running a particularly aggressive form of no-script then disable it and see if that fixes the issue.
          It fixed itself for whatever reason so I will take it.

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
          Is it possible that you hit the "Insert" key and turned it to "type over" on your keyboard?
          No because it was only on the PF website. My spacebar worked fine on every other site without problem. I also open multiple tabs instead of opening each individual thread, and none of them were working.
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Don't know if it is applicable but I started having a similar problem where my space function stopped working on my last line of text. Would be typing and near my final line the space function simply would stop. I'd have to go back and delete everything to the last character to the previous line. Sometimes it cleared, sometimes it didn't. Not sure if it was related but was deleting a bunch of spyware that I had picked up and once all that was gone the space problem also seemed to have vanished along with it.

Was it connected? Can't say for sure but the similarity to what was being described above sure was similar. As to which spyware I can't say as I ended up with a number of them at the same time. Yeah I go to some less than honorable adult sites at times he he he
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

^^ Just happened to me.

Did a quoted quick reply ('reply with quote') and after my first word the space bar wouldnt work. Going Advanced fixed this issue.

I also had a post just before where I couldn't click the start of the line of text, it highlighted the first letter blue, and when i pressed a button it deleted it. I got around it by adding a new line above (enter from the previous line of text), put the now missing letter in, then pressed Delete till they were one word again.

How odd.
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

What browsers are you guys using? Is your version up to date? Any plug-ins that may need to be updated? Does the problem follow you to other browsers?
                What theme are you using? Does it follow you to other themes?
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                  What browsers are you guys using? Is your version up to date? Any plug-ins that may need to be updated? Does the problem follow you to other browsers?
                  Only happened online, not on my phone. Chrome, up to date. Don't know about other browsers themes. Only happened once, used exactly the same features without any other issues. Just that one time on each.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                  Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                    I'm also using Chrome and it is up to date.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

I would hope it is not caused by a certain politician(no names) that may have broken the internet for reals.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        I would hope it is not caused by a certain politician(no names) that may have broken the internet for reals.
                        Nah this happened before. We can't blame EVERYTHING on trump

RIP

You cut your hair short
                        Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Its doing the space thing again. Now anytime I try and reply to anyone's comment my space button doesn't seem to work.

Comment

Its doing the space thing again. Now anytime I try and reply to anyone's comment my space button doesn't seem to work.
                            This happens to me occasionally, but not consistently.

If I start typing and then go back and add the spaces, and then come back to my spot, it stops. Sometimes it also stops if I hit the enter.
                            Last edited by thalassa; 09 Dec 2016, 04:09.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Cyber poltergeists who you gonna call?
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm curious to know if the maintenance took care of this issue. Please let us know if you continue to have this problem.
                                Thanks!
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X