X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions, problems, issues, etc...Post 'em here

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
    What are the rules concerning blog posts here in PF? I couldn't find my answer anyway.
    In what context?
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
      In what context?
      In general. Like, if there are forbidden themes, if it has to be kept PG-13... That sort of thing. General rules apply? Or there is more freedom or more restrictions?

Also, I meant "anywhere", not "anyway". But a glitch prevented me from editing.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

General forum rules apply to the blogs as well. It's a family friendly forum and blogs part of the public boards. Anything outside of the PG-13 realm should only be posted in the appropriate private boards or keep off the forum all together.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        Sneak Attack

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Hey are you still having loading issues with the forum? I ran a few maintenance things earlier... wondering if they improved some of the load time.
            Sneak Attack

Comment

Less than before. But it keeps happening sometimes. The reply boxes just don't show up.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
                Less than before. But it keeps happening sometimes. The reply boxes just don't show up.
                That might be an issue with addons in your browser. do you know if all of those are up to date or your java is up to date?
                Sneak Attack

Comment

Java is up to date, the other addon is AdBlock, and it is also up to date.

Comment

Hello, I read through the facts, I am missing these icons on the posts, the star icon or the triangle icon, the 'blog this post', or I am clueless lol and can't find them,

Before you can give reputation, you must first have a minimum of 15 posts. Once you have reached this requirement, you may then give other users reputation by clicking the "star" icon located at the bottom of the relevant post, to the right of the "blog this post" link and to the left of the "Report Post" icon (shaped like a yield/warning/triangle sign).This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.

eta- ok by hovering over by the 'promote to article' I can see a normally invisible 'report post' icon, but I can't see the others, lol. I only see the two - promote to article and report post
                    Last edited by shebani; 04 Jun 2014, 10:16.

Comment

Originally posted by shebani View Post
                      Hello, I read through the facts, I am missing these icons on the posts, the star icon or the triangle icon, the 'blog this post', or I am clueless lol and can't find them,

Before you can give reputation, you must first have a minimum of 15 posts. Once you have reached this requirement, you may then give other users reputation by clicking the "star" icon located at the bottom of the relevant post, to the right of the "blog this post" link and to the left of the "Report Post" icon (shaped like a yield/warning/triangle sign).This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.

eta- ok by hovering over by the 'promote to article' I can see a normally invisible 'report post' icon, but I can't see the others, lol. I only see the two - promote to article and report post
                      There are two things I think that are going on here...the first is that you are probably using the default theme (Mint), and for some reason the icon show up so faintly as to be invisible, which makes them difficult to find even by scrolling over them! The second problem is one I failed to anticipate when we were writing the FAQ (so I probably need to revise a bit when I get the chance) is that only supporters can post blogs and would have the "blog this post" option. I'm not sure why you still can't see the repuation star thingy, since you have the proper amount of posts, and unfortunately as a staff member I see a slightly different set of options than you. I'll see if I can't figure out what is going on and get it straightened out!
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Thank you Thalassa, I can see the star icon now. Indeed they are next to invisible so I must be using the 'mint' setting, I appreciate your help!

Comment

How do I change my username? I remember seeing it as an option in Edit Profile but it is no longer there.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ask an admin (Juniper, ChainLightning or Thalassa) by private message. Normal members can't change their own name. The option shouldn't have been there.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Thanks Masked One
                              sigpic

Comment

Me again. I'm trying to attach a signature image. I've successfully uploaded one from my PC and saved it, but it's not appearing under my posts. Any idea why?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X