Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    How do you feel about the end of XP?
    As long as it doesn't screw with the money that I earn, I don't care.
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson

Comment

Eh, it's no big deal.

Comment

How do you hope the world will change in the next decade?
        Were I to dare to hope, for something positive, it would be that greed finally takes a backseat to compassion.

Otherwise, I'm still waiting for the killer asteroid. Or, at least one in excess of 5 or 6 miles across. No warning. No prior observation of the thing. Just a tiny rock in space that collides with Earth at some 60,000 MPH and solves the planet's biggest infestation problem. One big, sudden "whump!"

How do you feel about the end of XP?
        XP ended? Didn't notice, sorry.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

XP? um, -alidocious?
          I had to think really hard to realize this was a computer thing, so I guess I feel stupid about it. *shrug*

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

It might come as a surprise that some ATM's were running on OS2,this I became aware of when an ATM I was using crashed ,and I saw the boot screen for OS2. Some might not be aware of the history of OS2,it was once in direct competition with the first version of Windows. The OS2 ATM was something that happened less than 5 years ago BTW.

- - - Updated - - -

Follow this link to learn about OS/2 and its continuing use.

http://techland.time.com/2012/04/02/25-years-of-ibms-os2-the-birth-death-and-afterlife-of-a-legendary-operating-system/
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

What's the kindest thing you've done for someone else?
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Off the cuff answer: not killed them.

Real answer: I have no idea. Even if I *did* know what has been the kindest, I still wouldn't want to bring attention to it.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I have fronted money to a friend that fell into a little financial bind,and told them to forget the repayment just because it felt right to do.

It was only an amount around a $100,and at that time I was a bit flush,so it did not burden me that much.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Let them go.

Mostly art.

Comment

Couldn't say. I don't really think about my actions in terms of how kind or not they are.

Comment

Not answered a question.

Comment

Don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                            Let them go.
                            Lord sister. You and me both. Every day I do this nice thing to not try to contact him.

Also let's see...I have a good friend. And she's also bi polar. She's getting help. But she's not in the place I am. So when she gets really unbalanced about small things I just go along and don't try to reason with her. Last time at work, she got into a heated argument with a craptastic co-worker. She came into the back room and said JODEE WE ARE LEAVING NOW!

I said ok and grabbed my stuff. Then I sat outside with her and let her vent and then it was better. I just be on her side regardless and it helps. She realizes this a few minutes later. But she says she needs someone to say they are on her side and nothing more. So that's what I do.

Also I let the man at the grocery story go in front of me to grab a cart since I was a mess with my rolling cart and had to then put it in the big grocery cart. I didn't want to hold him up. So he pulls one out..and gives it to me! Instant karma. Oh...also this lady in one of the aisles came up to me. She shyly asked if I could reach a top shelf and hand her some crackers. So I did. She was super short. So yeah. Grocery store today everyone was being nice to everyone! I even got a cashier to open his line up for me!
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

To be honest, the answer to this question depends on each person's view and doesn't have 1 right answer even if one knows the whole biography of another.

I think it was bringing our cat home from the streets in 2007.
                              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Either cutting them off so our relationship didn't make me, and therefore them, exponentially unhappy; refraining from murder; or giving money. One time a guy I barely knew was complaining that if he didn't have eight dollars for something his wife would be angry with him. So I gave him eight bucks.

I tend not to toot my own horn, though, because it pisses me off when people talk about how generous they are, especially when it's meant to guilt the person they were allegedly generous to.
                                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                                -Erik Erikson

Comment

Working...
                                X