Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
    People change their minds on marriage all the time so I'm ignoring that for the important question...

What divinity did you meet that could change a pre-existing position on Brussel Sprouts? I never meet anyone who changes their opinion (once they have one) on those.
    The big difference with Brussel sprouts for me came when some one I knew actully cooked them properly. My Mom always boiled everything to an inch of slush,and they always came out bitter and soggy. My ex GF from a long while back steamed them(She was a VERY good cook) and they were great.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

What divinity did you meet that could change a pre-existing position on Brussel Sprouts? I never meet anyone who changes their opinion (once they have one) on those.
      I'm not V, but I've changed my stance of Brussel sprouts recently.

Basalmica and Rostada--Goddesses of Basalmic Vinegar and Roasting. I never liked them til last year or the year before. I'll also do EVOO and garlic salt/lemon pepper...but they have to be roasted, and made from fresh brussel sprouts. None of that frozen or canned stuff.

Eggplant, on the other hand...blegh.

I recently changed my position on winter squashes, though only in a few preparations (bread and soup).
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

People change their minds on marriage all the time so I'm ignoring that for the important question...

I have despised those things since the dawn of time. However, they are healthy for my parrot, and I hadn't bought them in years, so a few weeks ago I got some. He eats his raw. I figured I'd give them another shot in a different way, so I put some on foil on a baking sheet, drizzled with olive oil & black pepper, and baked them. Accidentally overdid it a bit and some of the outer leaves fell off and got crispy - and - I LOVED THOSE! So for me, it's Brussel Chips all the way.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

How things are cooked can make a BIG difference(speaking about Okra,fried I kinda like it,other ways not at all) I in fact love fried egg plant when you batter it first.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Sauteed brussel sprouts with some crumbled bacon, toasted walnuts (or pine nuts) and balsalmic vinegar are to die for. Especially if you saute the brussels in a little bacon fat. They're also pretty good sauteed in sesame oil w/some toasted sesame seeds & ginger.

They're actually pretty versatile little veggies.
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              How things are cooked can make a BIG difference(speaking about Okra,fried I kinda like it,other ways not at all) I in fact love fried egg plant when you batter it first.
              I won't touch okra! The lady at our farmer's market gives me a couple of pieces for Buddy, so I don't have to buy any. I love eggplant & most veggies!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                What have you changed your mind about in the past year?
                Working retail, the intelligence of people as a group.

The fact that my coloring is probably a summer, and black increasingly brings out lines around my eyes.

Whether poly would work for me and my guy.
                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                  Working retail, the intelligence of people as a group.
                  In one of Mercedes Lackey's books she said, "a person is smart. People are stupid and panicky." I tend to agree.
                  Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

What makes you uncomfortable?
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Cold weather, being put on the spot, hurting people's feelings, and my boss
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Being trapped in places with people (eg in an elevator), humid weather, being around a lot of children, especially if they're loud.
                        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                          being around a lot of children, especially if they're loud.
                          More than two children in the same room are almost always loud. And the more you try to shush them, the worse they get. :/

<--Slumberparty mom
                          sigpic

Comment

Most social situations.

Comment

Over-socializing. I'm the life of the party but I turn into a pumpkin after a while and need a long time alone to recharge.
                              sigpic

Comment

Interacting with people, on telephones especially.
                                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Working...
                                X