Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Betty????? is that you???

No not Betty page,Betty Boop
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      What are people usually surprised to find out about you?
      It used to be that I can be quite vulgar, but now I look the part with my half shaved head and green hair. Now it's usually that my Dad's an Orthodox Christian priest. That shocks people now more than ever.

Comment

Definitely intended. ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

That I'm actually a nice person.
        I've had lots of guys and girls come to me in private after getting to know me and say,
        "You're really nice. From your looks and all, I just figured you'd be a b*tch."
        Go figure. :/

Comment

How do you deal with stress?
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Gaming. Drawing. Writing stories and D&D campaigns. Walking / Hiking. Meditation. Spending time with my bf. Doing any of the above while listening to music. Reading. Hang out with friends. Burying hatchets. Or trying to. I hate fighting, that's for sure. I prefer "Let's agree to disagree".

Comment

I smoke two joints in the morning.
              I smoke two joints at night.
              I smoke two joints in the afternoon,
              it makes me feel alright.

I smoke two joints in times of peace,
              and two in times of war.
              I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,
              and then I smoke two more.

Not relevant, song is just stuck in my head.

I don't have stress anymore. If it crops up, I take a nap.

Comment

Medication, sleep, screaming, self-abuse, seclusion, micro-management, distraction, all depending on the source of the stress.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Depends on the type of stress. If it's stress because I have a lot to do, I usually sit my ass down, break the work into parts, and do one part at a time. If it's emotional stress due to situations that I have little control over, I meditate, take walks, spend time with supportive friends, and try my best to take care of myself.
                  However, if I'm falling into a blind, existential pit full of mythic squid-beasts that are dragging me down into a dark cave where everyone drinks muddy, weak tea and cries about how faces aren't symmetrical (which is weird because it's pitch black and nobody can see anyone's faces anyway, so why would we care?), then sometimes I just lay on my floor and cry about every hurtful thing anyone ever did to me and feel sorry for myself for a couple of hours. Shortly after, I realize how ridiculous I'm being, stand up, and go for a walk and some ice cream.

Comment

I'm kinda with cuckoo on this one. It depends on the type of stress. If I'm stressed because I have an overwhelming amount of work to do, I pretend the hard parts don't exist, and I break the easy parts into, well, parts, and do them one by one. Then I tackle the hard part I was trying to pretend didn't exist.

Mostly though, if I'm stressed, I just pretend everything's fine until it goes away.

"No money in the account? Yes, there is! Credit card spending makes it feel like I'm not broke!"

etc. I didn't say it was a solution. But it's what I do.

If I get stressed enough, I start getting chronic anxiety attacks, and then I start taking natural medication until I feel better. But those are 'my world is ending' moments, and I've only had them a few times in my life.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                      self-abuse, micro-management,
                      Just an observation, you mentioned this twice...

(ducks and runs away)

Comment

I go into what I call "robot mode", do what has to be done in as organized and efficient a manner as possible, and just get through somehow.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Sex and drugs and rock 'n roll.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Deep breathing. I don't usually realize I'm getting stressed until it gets to the point that I'm clenching my jaw and getting tics in my shoulder. Then I start doing my deep breathing exercises and actively relaxing.

That I enjoy video games.
                            I've had several folks say that I don't seem like the religious type, especially when they see my new tattoo...

What do you sometimes think but don't dare say out loud?
                            I say absolutely nothing that I think when talking to my mother. Otherwise, I have virtually no filter... I think I overcompensate.
                            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

How do you deal with stress?:

Yoga, wine & chocolate & a trashy romance novel & and a bubble bath, or just sucking it up and working through it...depending on the situation.

What are people usually surprised to find out about you?:

I'm a veteran and I'm also a former sorority girl.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Deep breathing exercises, walking, growling, pinching the bridge of my nose like Stan on South Park, music, ranting, consumption of food and alcohol. I do have a bad tendency to stress eat. A few times in life I have punched holes in walls and broken things. I don't do that anymore.
                                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                                -Erik Erikson

Comment

Working...
                                X