X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: prejudice against white people

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
    They are still unrelated.

And don't call me Sparkles, there, Peaches.
    Nothing peachy about me. I'm a healthy shade of coppery brown.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Nicholas View Post
    I am white and really do believe that racism and prejudice is our fault. Let it not be said that both sides are accountable.
    Nicholas Brandow
    I don't know all that well about the rest of the world, but American history is fraught with racism which can be attributed to the white people.

And it's still occurring.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
    People forget how big of a role small pox played as well. Whole first nations populations were wiped out by small pox, which really helped with the numbers game.
    Lord Jeffrey Amherst saw to killing over a third of my people and countless thousands of those from other tribes with biological warfare. He had his agents distribute smallpox infected blankets to the woodland tribes.

Comment

I do know about the rest of the world.

If you're looking for guilt, every group is guilty.

But I'm not, because I'm a person, not a group.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I don't know about the rest of the world and now don't even know about this thread. Perhaps it's purpose was meant to question or gripe in regards to any bias that is being aimed at white people. No names have been mentioned, no admissions of guilt are expected or necessary from any particular person who is not of a group.

Still I stand by my previous statement. Now I realize that many white people living today are not racist, but know full well there are many who are and it has been that mindset which has brought about a certain amount of prejudice in others here in America. Maybe it would of been a lot better, especially by now if America's founding fathers would of not pushed expansion beyond the western boundaries of their original 13 states, compensated indigenous people already living within those states, freed all the Black people who were previously enslaved and given women equal rights. All of this should of been decided upon July 4th 1776.

Instead, King George III and the British Empire was replaced by a new elite minority who were wealthy white men, some of them greedy, some slave owners, some genocidal. Men who deemed women as being mentally inferior, Black people as property and all indigenous people who did not want to be cheated out of their homelands as enemies to be exterminated. Hell, in the beginning these founding fathers didn't even want poor white people with no property to vote. How long did all this go on after July 4th 1776?

Too bad there are those who feel their sense of being was trounced upon by someone stating the truth. Just as true as the horrific time of inquisition European Pagans experienced, brought about by the church. The foundations of this nation was built by slave labor upon the homelands of those either killed or removed. People who had their original sense of being obliterated after they were taken by force from their homelands and those who had their homelands taken away by force. Action brings about reaction, hate brings about more hate and such horror of one group against another is not only to be found while learning history, it is passed down via oral traditions. Such horrific wounds are slow to heal and leave scars. Those who live in the generations, instead of a day or single lifetime are connected with their ancestors as well as their past.

Yet this mindset still exists, not only in groups, but within the person as well.
        Last edited by Atehequa; 02 Sep 2014, 17:58.

Comment

So your argument is that mistakes were made in the past, hence we all suck and should be punished?

You need to learn more than the history of white people. We hardly have the market cornered on historical atrocities.

Not to mention the Inquisition had nothing to do with pagans. Its hard to take an argument seriously when its based on fallacy.

So read up and then we can argue later. Right now, I can't even begin to discuss it with you, because I honestly don't believe you know enough to make a good argument for your own case.

Comment

Well. Just how long till you get your shit together then? Eventually you just get on and deal. I mean it's been quite a while.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Amadi View Post
              Bump, people are people, countries are countries,
              People and countries do shitty things.
              Biological differences in humanity exist duh, but the mentality that a black man is fundamentally different to a white man because of the colour of his skin or his build, intelligence, accent etc. is idiotic

In the past a group of people had to be the scapegoat of 'progress' somewhere (The Nazi's massively improved humanities understanding of the human body, through horrible means), people should note the shitty things people have done but they should also note that these things would still be happening unless both sides put up a stand. You don't see any country screaming "Let's bring back the Nazi's, oh boy they were fun!".

I hate white shaming, I hate elitism by race, I hate people who refer to the past as a justification to their actions in the present. People need to get their heads out of this stupid frame of mind.
              Yep
              Originally Posted by jcaternolo
              There are groups in all races that have kept slaves, and committed atrocities. I think that the ancient Hebrews had the most humane system of slavery (if the Bible is to be believed). Slavery for them was a lot like getting an apprenticeship. They lived with the Hebrews, and had about the same rights, it's just that they were forced to work for them. And the only slaves they had were war slaves I think, which is fitting. Wars cost money, it's only right that the aggressors stay and fix their mess and compensate for money spent, resources lost, and people killed. If they did have lower class people as slaves, I think it was actually a good thing for them, because they were fed, clothed, and still treated humanely and given rights and even paid. Public assistance should be like this. The poor and homeless get a place to live and free room and board, and are given honest work to earn their own money.
              And that would sum up my thought humankind are aholes even if we were all the same color we still discriminate in some fashion.

Comment

Oh then this thread is in defense of white people and there's are those on hand to admonish anyone who comments otherwise. I see now.

How typically white Euro-Pagan.

Comment

Originally posted by Atehequa View Post
                  Oh then this thread is in defense of white people and there's are those on hand to admonish anyone who comments otherwise. I see now.

How typically white Euro-Pagan.
                  Put your hand up if you've commented on this thread and your not a white Euro-Pagan...
                  ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                  Seen the desert and the birds
                  You cut your hair short
                  Like a shush to an insult
                  The world had been yelling
                  Since the day you were born
                  Revolting with anger
                  While it smiled like it was cute
                  That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                    So your argument is that mistakes were made in the past, hence we all suck and should be punished?

You need to learn more than the history of white people. We hardly have the market cornered on historical atrocities.

Not to mention the Inquisition had nothing to do with pagans. Its hard to take an argument seriously when its based on fallacy.

So read up and then we can argue later. Right now, I can't even begin to discuss it with you, because I honestly don't believe you know enough to make a good argument for your own case.
                    Perhaps I should of read a lot more into this thread to see what it really is about. Perhaps you should read up on what really happened here in what is now called America. I should of known by the opening post what exactly was going on, but then again perhaps I did.

Of course I'm not sticking around here as a disliked minority and a reminder that the white man, so highly spoken of, didn't kill us all off much to the dismay of some.

Well do go on with whatever is attempted to be achieved here, Sakeeta.

Comment

Time to kill the thread.

Atehequa, do you want to talk about racism? Look at your own words:

Still there are those who've striven to keep their lines as pure as possible. Some of them have retained a lot of their ancient knowledge and beliefs. These folk I've mentioned are rather wary if not guarded when it comes to sharing that knowledge because of cultural appropriation.
                      The idea that a "pure blood line" confers some sort of magic power, or is particularly desirable, comes right out of the Nazi play book.

You're not a hated minority.

You are trying to sell the idea of "original sin" (that one is born guilty before one has ever done anything) to a bunch of pagans who aren't buying it.

Don't go getting all huffy and pretend that others are EVIL because they don't buy what you'd like to sell. We're on to that trick too.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I dunno...I don't really want to get into this, because it's so touchy, but my general impression:

-White people should not feel guilty for being white (or German, or American, or British, or whatever other country has specifically done something horrible relatively recently in history), but it might be helpful if we recognized our privilege.

-Getting angry at white people/Europeans for stuff that happened in the past doesn't solve anything and is not constructive. That's not to say that we all shouldn't work together to make amends or negotiate treaties, but it would be helpful to check the hostility at the door.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

The idea that a "pure blood line" confers some sort of magic power...
                          Damn Slytherins.
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                            Put your hand up if you've commented on this thread and your not a white Euro-Pagan...
                            Indigenous Mexican Satanist up in hurr.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

History is not something to be reviled or glorified. History is something to be learned from, so that one does not repeat bad parts while being inspired to do better on the good parts. I'm not responsible for what was done before I was even a twinkle in my parents eyes, I'm responsible for what I do here and now...and, I am not responsible for the actions (good or ill) of people I'm related to, much less the one's I'm not. The most heinous acts of history have been committed by nearly every culture at some point in their history...because human history is made by humans. And humans (as I have commented on here many, many times before) are capable of incredible cruelty and kindness in equal measure.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                                And humans (as I have commented on here many, many times before) are capable of incredible cruelty and kindness in equal measure.
                                Bahh, humans are amateurs at cruelty and inconstant at kindness. The true defining characteristic that makes the species interesting is that no other species to date makes good pizza.
                                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X