This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: herbs to clear lungs

Ooh, one more thought: spicy food is excellent for breaking up mucus. It will make your nose run, but it will get that shit out of your system. Get well soon

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
      Ooh, one more thought: spicy food is excellent for breaking up mucus. It will make your nose run, but it will get that shit out of your system. Get well soon
      yes it makes nose run but I don't do spicy food as it gives me really bad heartburn

Comment

I may be the only person in the world who puts jalapeno slices on breakfast sandwiches. Definitely clears out the sinuses!
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
          Sniffing horseradish works too.

Also, some yarrow in the steam water can help.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

had some canned corn a while back that had hot peppers in it
            and I did not get much sleep that night as soon as I would lay down
            I could feel the burning coming back up my throat

Comment

You might try fennel tea for ongoing management of mucus production, I've found it helps me (I've always got a runny nose and hayfever); WebMD suggested it may decrease respiratory tract secretions, can't post links though, so you'll have to google it yourself. Good health!

Following link approved by Moderator

Last edited by MaskedOne; 20 May 2014, 19:14.

Comment

Kiya, I've inserted the link in question in your post. Thanks for the info.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Thanks, MaskedOne :-)

Comment

I love, love, love Fennel. I even sprinkle it liberally on pizza.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by oldhippie View Post
                      are there any herbs to help clear lungs of congestion?
                      I am not sure about clearing lungs, but I know that Majoran helps with asthma. And from own experience - it does a great job. Try this. Theoretically it should help.
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                      X