Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Satanist Murders Black Metal Vocalist Because He Wasn't Really A Satanist

Mar 2012
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism
    Phrase
    Strength in Will, peace in well-being.

Satanist Murders Black Metal Vocalist Because He Wasn't Really A Satanist

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Re: Satanist Murders Black Metal Vocalist Because He Wasn't Really A Satanist

As a black metal fan and musician, this angers me quite a bit. He's just a musician, by the gods! Let him make his music. Too late now of course, but shouldn't that guy know there's 879302 different versions of Satanism? (Sarcastically huge number) I know black metal's dark history, so it's not a shock to me that x person killed y person because something vaguely related to black metal. But killing someone is still killing someone.

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

I just read an article about a Satanic group turning in a would be terrorist kid into the cops.

So. You know. There are good guy Satanists and bad guy Satanists. That sounded weird.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Mar 2012
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism
    Phrase

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I just read an article about a Satanic group turning in a would be terrorist kid into the cops.

So. You know. There are good guy Satanists and bad guy Satanists. That sounded weird.
    Damn fake Satanists making us look good and nice!

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan
    Phrase
    Words of power never disappear. They sleep, awaiting those with the will to rouse them

Needless to say this guy is a loon, and incredibly dangerous. Police are still on the hunt for him
    I think that sums it up pretty well. I mean this guy is just on a tangent that would be hard to interpret in any way other than mental illness.
    世の中に潜み落下した「アレ」はねえか? 誰が書き換える 世界の汚れは?
    Do you have 'that' which lies dormant within society? Who can overwrite it, the filth in the world?

Jun 2006
    Religion
    Hedge Pantheism
    Phrase
    Whatever satisfies the soul is the truth

Shouldn't this headline be: Crazy guy kills other guy because he's crazy?

The Satan aspect is sort of beside the point.

One with the Force ChainLightning's Avatar
    Nov 2005
    Religion
    Polytheist with Pan-/Panen- tendencies.
    Phrase
    In the darkest recesses of your twisted mind, a G-rated version of me resides.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowanwood View Post
    Shouldn't this headline be: Crazy guy kills other guy because he's crazy?

The Satan aspect is sort of beside the point.
    That was my thought, too.

Then I remembered that "crazy" doesn't really sensationalize a story like "Satanist" would. People read the headline and expect to see pictures of blurred entrails. Crazy? Nobody seems to expect entrail-eating out of crazy people, for some reason. But, hey, 'you never know about them evil Satanists, what with their horrifying black masses, dead babies and grave-robbing.'

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Mar 2012
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism
    Phrase

Well, the guy he killed wasn't exactly crazy...

One with the Force ChainLightning's Avatar
    Nov 2005
    Religion
    Polytheist with Pan-/Panen- tendencies.
    Phrase
    In the darkest recesses of your twisted mind, a G-rated version of me resides.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanRave View Post
    Well, the guy he killed wasn't exactly crazy...

Oh, no, not at all. I didn't mean to infer that. My mistake.

I simply meant the loony idiot, the so-called fan, using Satanism as an excuse to kill. It wouldn't be anywhere near the same level of sensationalism if they just said "crazy man kills singer of Black Metal band". No, they have to make the story "sell better". Which annoys me to no end.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Dec 2013
    Religion
    The Universe
    Phrase
    How old would you be if you did not know how old you are?

Would be curious to know more about what this guy thinks satanism is. I killed him but wont kill wome and children, cause that would be .. Wrong?.. Evil? Curious.