Heya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heya

So after lurking around sans account on the site for almost a year and a week or so of just sitting on this account, I figure I oughta introduce myself. You guys can call me Vixix (both soft i's), if you wanna call me. I'm a practicing Chaos (or however the kids are spelling it these days) Magician. I dabble in most European faiths and a few aboriginal American beliefs. I struggle (is that the right word?) with Atheism off and on. Lovecraft's quote - as much as I hate to quote Lovecraft anymore with his association with some of the special dark snowflakes 'round 'bout the internet - from his poem Fact and Fancy hits home pretty hard for me, "How dull the wretch, whose philosophic mind, Disdains the pleasures of fantastic kind;" I identify a lot with the struggles he had in his life between rationally disbelieving the fantastical and feeling an emotional draw to it.

I'm gonna stop before I start getting rambly. Really, you learn about people by spending time with them, and I hope to stick around here for a while and to get to know everyone and let everyone get to know me.

Beannacht

Re: Heya

Howdy and welcome!
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

“Barbarianism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is the whim of circumstance. And barbarianism must ultimately triumph.” - Robert E. Howard

Tribe of my Tribe
    Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I think I know what you mean - it's disconcerting to be thinking "this isn't real" while still feeling an almost obsessive draw to it. Are you into Phil Hine's writings?

Comment

Hello Vixix

Comment

Working...
          X