Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Is More Important? (Mundane Life vs. Spiritual Life)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Is More Important? (Mundane Life vs. Spiritual Life)

Agreed.

So, my answer to the initial posit?

This:

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Which is more important? (mundane Life vs. Spiritual Life)

Yes.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Agree with Thal, and all that have added to her post.

But - I find that if I'm not eating properly, oversleeping, and all other mundane shit is going to hell, then I do not have a 'spiritual life'. (equilibrium of about 99 mundane - 1 spiritual)

For me, it's about learning to find the spiritual in the mundane ALL THE TIME.
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Or... spiritual IS finding beauty (for lack of a better word) and meaning within the mundane...

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by KarrinMurphy View Post
          I just read a Witchvox article which began by saying that one's mundane life must be in order before one's spiritual life can follow. Perhaps it's a commonly distributed bit of advice.

I'm trying to do things in reverse. I had assumed that my mundane life being out of whack was just a symptom of the underlying issue, and that getting my spiritual and emotional affairs in order would translate into a better, more organized and calm daily life by providing an anchor of sorts.

What do you think?
          I agree with you, I think, if I'm understanding this right.

When my mundane life is a mess, usually I've been forgetting about my spirituality. But if I'm putting effort into keeping my spiritual life active and healthy, then my mundane life seems to just follow along and is so much better and happier too.

On the other hand, if I do it like that article you read says and continue to ignore/forget my spiritual life in favor of fixing my mundane life back up to par first, then nothing seems to get fixed on either front.

To me, the spiritual parts are the life blood of the whole deal; without the spirituality, it just all seems dull and rather painful.

Anyways, that's the way it is for me, though everyone is different.

Comment

I agree they are one.
            My entire day is made up of doing mundane things while in communication with spiritual things.
            I don't go "hey, it's 7 p.m. and time for my appointment with the creator of the universe".
            I go through my day in steady conversation (not out loud lol), observing things, asking questions, recognising blessings and such.

When this isn't happening, then I find my mundane life tends to get messy.

Comment

There is no mundane. When one compartmentalizes, that is where imbalance begins. If you treat all life as spiritual, all actions as sacred, and live your life accordingly, then everything starts to fall into line. The trick is seeing through the illusion of black and white that we westerners have all been raise in. Good/evil, male/female, me/everything else, etc. --this is all illusion. All is sacred, all is connected, and separation is the road to ruin.
              ʼŌraḥ Qaḏəmōnī, a revival of Ancient Israelite religion -- PathOfAncients.org

Comment

Working...
              X