Snow - does it happen to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow - does it happen to you?

So, the lower mainland of BC got it's first real snowfall for the season last night. I decided to go play in it. By myself...although my cat tried to help with the snowman. (Besides, there's been a few conversations in tinychat about what my neighbourhood looks like...here's your chance to see!) ;D ...we don't get snow every single year, so it's pretty exciting when it does happen (thank you arctic winds!)

IF YOU HAVE DIALUP, RUN AWAY!

The first few are from a park up the street from my house.

And these are my street, and my yard.

Mostly art.

Re: Snow - does it happen to you?

We get snow most years... love the snowman. Yours are much more modest than ours which tend to have an enormous phallus built in to them!
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

[quote author=Tylluan Penry link=topic=885.msg15324#msg15324 date=1290281030]
      We get snow most years... love the snowman. Yours are much more modest than ours which tend to have an enormous phallus built in to them!
      [/quote]

Well, I only got a couple inches last night, so didn't really have a lot of snow to work with. I have to admit, I considered putting breasts on the snowman, but decided that I wouldn't, because I wanted it to be kid-friendly. So he got muscles on his arms, and I gave him feet and a nose!

Mostly art.

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm jealous or thankful that we haven't seen snow yet...

It looks so pretty!
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=885.msg15328#msg15328 date=1290281485]
          I'm not sure if I'm jealous or thankful that we haven't seen snow yet...

It looks so pretty!
          [/quote]

same here thal. Nice pics V
          Please, just call me Ghost

I want to be like the moon. A lonely observator of earth, watching the people live, love and die

Knowledge destroys enemies, too much knowledge makes enemies ~Ghost~

It doesn't matter how you practice your magick. As long as the thought behind it is clear, it will work

Comment

Ohhhh it happens to us. In the case of most years, several times and it melts after a few days to a week each time, but last year it was snow cover until March (mostly turning to slush mid-feb). It's been a little warmer than normal until just now though, so no snow for us yet.

It's crazy because it's MUCH colder here than on the west coast and I've never managed to get used to it.

Comment

Im jealous, we hardly ever get snow here although last year we made a really cool snowman
              "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
              - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

LOL. All my friends in the lower mainland were freakin' out about the snow last night...the snow is always so nice and wet in Vancouver -- great for making stuff with.

I have to say that the City of Vancouver is never really prepared for snow, considering they only get 2 or 3 good dumps throughout the winter -- if that.

Enjoy it now, V, while it replaces the wet and sogginess that is probably coming for you guys!

If it makes you feel any better, we got snow here in the interior, too -- and yesterday it was -15 with the wind chill.....brrrrrrrrrr!
                Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

We get snow every year. Its late though, last year there was a white thanksgiveing. I miss the snow
                  Circe

Comment

[quote author=cesara link=topic=885.msg15351#msg15351 date=1290287840]
                    LOL. All my friends in the lower mainland were freakin' out about the snow last night...the snow is always so nice and wet in Vancouver -- great for making stuff with.

I have to say that the City of Vancouver is never really prepared for snow, considering they only get 2 or 3 good dumps throughout the winter -- if that.

Enjoy it now, V, while it replaces the wet and sogginess that is probably coming for you guys!

If it makes you feel any better, we got snow here in the interior, too -- and yesterday it was -15 with the wind chill.....brrrrrrrrrr!
                    [/quote]

Haha, it's totally true - the second we get a cm of snow on the roads, everybody becomes the worst driver in history. I had a buddy call me the other night when it was JUST starting to inform me that he was doing THIRTY on the #1 because everyone had slowed right down because "oh em gee, there's snow!"

I'm just looking forward to the ski hills opening up, so I can go snowshoeing!

Mostly art.

Comment

How amazing does your snowman look and your kitty

We will get snow this year, and last year was the coldest year in like 50 years so we had loads of snow and the average temp was -3 for like 2 months! X
                      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

what a beautiful place to live

we get snow EVERY year. hasn't come yet but i am patiently waiting.
                        sigpic

Comment

We had our second round of snow last night....power and internet went down for a while earlier today.
                          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Forecast is for chance of snow ... Nothing like a few inches of snow with the ocean lapping it on the sand ... 8)
                            I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Hate. Snow. So. Hard.

I loathe the crap. Honestly, truly and completely loathe snow.

I understand the necessity of snow on the mountains surrounding Las Vegas - we need the spring run-off. But I don't want it on my house, yard, neighbors' houses or yards... I don't want to see it close up & personal. I definitely don't want to touch the stuff or play in it.

We get dustings of snow, sometimes maybe 1/2" or so. I go out & melt it with the water hose.
                              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
                              X