Snow - does it happen to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snow - does it happen to you?

One thing I will say about snow is that I love the enforced solitude. Over the road my neighbour Mrs Anubis Evans is simply too cold to stand on her doorstep and bitch about me to passers by, and the snow puts Mr Sarcophagus-Jones (who lives never door to her) on speaking terms again with his son because he needs him to shovel the snow from his steps. I do feel a bit sorry for Mog the Brick who has been crying a lot because his newly built wall has a big crack in it from the frost but then again the outside of my house looks as though it's been crazy paved with all the cracks in the rendering this year....

Barney, my St Bernard, is still guarding the fridge in the kitchen. He has been doing this since just before the snow fell - I think he knew it was coming and wanted to make sure the food supply was safe. My other two dogs, both Basset Hounds don't like the deep snow because they have very short legs.

Apart from that, Mr Penry has done sterling work keeping us in dog food and Cornish pasties. Living on the side of a mountain isn't funny in this weather. You can get to the bottom in about five seconds.... it's climbing up again that's a bugger....
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I think I'd like it better if I didn't live alone. I mean, I'm in a city and you can still get around, but people just aren't so social when it's so cold and if you're alone it can be a bit lonely. In summer it's never really lonely because people are out and about so much so you only have to be home alone if you feel like it but in winter you just might not get the choice.

Comment

We almost had a white Christmas, But we have ice instead. Apparently we're due some snow...
        "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
        - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

We have a a bit of a snowstorm...

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

we got about 10 cm last night
            What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

It is finally snowing here. Snow was forcast 2 or 3 times in December but we never saw a flake.

This started around 4 pm with big wet flakes. By 4:30 it was sticking on roofs and grass. We may only get 1 inch or we may get 6 inches. As long as it's not ice, it's all good.
              ------------------------

Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.
              - robert anton wilson -

Comment

got a half foot last night at a friend's house - none where I live, 40 kilometres away.

Mostly art.

Comment

First big snow storm of the season too bad its a frozen to ice now. Melt then freaze over and over, we have iceicles the size of my leg. 16inches of snow^^ with more on the way
                  Circe

Comment

Supposed to get 1-3" tomorrow. I can deal with that, considering that where I used to live, they are BURIED in it!
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

As promised, 2010 snow...
                      "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                      - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Working...
                      X