Snow - does it happen to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snow - does it happen to you?

Well...the snow melted away the same day. But now it's effing cold! I just came in from the store and it was -11C and the wind was blowing. BRRRRRRRR.

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=Storm link=topic=885.msg16036#msg16036 date=1290443728]
      I live in Florida so I don't have to put up with snow. It's pretty and all, but I do not like being cold and if memory serves.....snow is cold.
      [/quote]

LOL.. yep, it's cold,

Lovely pics V. !

it has snowed here, once in October and a bit last week, but it has melted away. The cold air that they are getting in the west is headed this way so I am sure more snow is on the way!
      What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Happens here every year. In fact, today for the northern part of the state there is a winter weather advisory and in the southern part of the state there were tornado warnings! We are a very diversified state! lol

I love to wake up after a night of snow and see just how gorgeous nature can be in a blanket of white. Just like in V.'s pictures!

It's simply breathtaking!
          ~~~TigerGypsy~~~

Comment

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .... SNOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW ... Walked to get Chinese take-out 2 blocks away .... Road froze so couldn't ride bike ... Didn't want to spend time and fuel to warm up truck ... Crunch crunch crunch all the way and back ... Road all shiny in the light of a full moon ... Wonder what the beach looks like ... Seagull footprints in the snow ... LOL ...
            I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Here in my part of the UK we are expecting up to 6 inches of snow over the weekend.... and I have loads to do!!!
              http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

[quote author=shadow1982 link=topic=885.msg16590#msg16590 date=1290548590]
                Here in my part of the UK we are expecting up to 6 inches of snow over the weekend.... and I have loads to do!!!
                [/quote]

Us too up here! X
                "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Sleet out today :/

Hopefully we get real snow tomorrow!

Comment

15cm expected for tonight! Followed by a week of rain/snow/rain/snow/rain/snow/repeat.

Mostly art.

Comment

Nope, get blissful sun all year hehe

spending my first 22 yrs in a snow subzero location was enough snow for many lifetimes
                      -=Ex Ignorantia Ad Sapientiam; E Luce Ad Tenebras=-

My art and writing http://khaotyk-artwerx.tk/
                      (whole site is marked adult, the adult and gore sections are in their own section so you can opt not to view them, adult and/or gore stories are marked with an *)

Comment

there is a storm coming up from the mid-west that is bringing snow/rain/and freezing rain....yuk!
                        What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

That's probably the same storm that gave us hail/thunder/lightning and buckets of rain this morning.

Comment

yup, 2-4 inches overnight tonight, along with freezing rain! It'll be the first good snow of the year! I hope everything looks beautiful in the morning. (But with the wet, heavy crap everything will probably look sloppy!)
                            ~~~TigerGypsy~~~

Comment

still no snow here
                              sigpic

Comment

[quote author=perzephone link=topic=885.msg15492#msg15492 date=1290304579]
                                Hate. Snow. So. Hard.

I loathe the crap. Honestly, truly and completely loathe snow.

I understand the necessity of snow on the mountains surrounding Las Vegas - we need the spring run-off. But I don't want it on my house, yard, neighbors' houses or yards... I don't want to see it close up & personal. I definitely don't want to touch the stuff or play in it.

We get dustings of snow, sometimes maybe 1/2" or so. I go out & melt it with the water hose.
                                [/quote]

Snow is fine. It's way better than sleet or ice. We tend to get more sleet and ice than snow. Kansas is big enough that tonight we're getting snow in the northwest corner and a tornado watch in the southeast corner. Which isn't all that unusual in April or November.
                                ------------------------

Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.
                                - robert anton wilson -

Comment

Working...
                                X