World's First Vertic Forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World's First Vertic Forest

I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
    Tribe of my Tribe
    Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Re: World's First Vertic Forest

I adore that more towns are adopting a green roof initiative. There's so many benefits to planting flora along buildings and roofs. They increase energy efficiency by cooling buildings in summer and insulating in winter, they filter pollution, encourage animal populations, and there have been studies showing greenery helps with stress and depression too. I love it! Often times buildings need to be reinforced though because all those plants and soil are actually really heavy. For such large buildings planning to add so many trees, I hope it won't be an issue for them.
    Circe

Comment

Re: World's First Vertic Forest

When people say oh, what can we do. This is it. If I was 18 and entering University this green engineering would be my study. There is no excuse why new buildings dont use rain water collectors, gray water recycling for toilets, rooftop solar collectors or gardens. The list is endless on how to merge nature, technology and urban development.

Comment

Working...
      X