X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pet Pix

Originally posted by Amadi View Post
    Good Grief it's (she's?) huge! And ADORABLE!
    He's my little chinchilla boy

Comment

Yay new cuteness!

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
      We're doing pet pics? I shall unleash the chinchilla!!!

Chinchilla kisses are the softest

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3167[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3168[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3169[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]3170[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3171[/ATTACH]
      Oh I wish I could meet a chinchilla in person. They are so cute! Most of my textbooks have chinchillas in them (as they're mostly written in the US or UK) but we don't have them here in Australia. Nor gerbils nor hamsters nor a number of other things that you folks on the other side of the world keep as pets.

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      Supposed to be husky-cross with-german shepard, but they aren't 100% sure.

Also, how the hell do you sleep at night with a puppy? I have to have him in a crate at night, and he's cried since I got him in there. I gave him treats for going in, but he's upset that he can't see me.
      Looks Shepherd cross to me... but the other half could be any number of things.

Crating is good. Give him a hot water bottle and a ticking clock and/or the radio on low and otherwise try to ignore him. He's gone from sleeping with his brothers and sisters to being on his own. That's not easy for puppies. But he'll get used to it. It's hard, but tough love this one... the more you go in when he cries the more he'll cry. Just make sure he's got something to snuggle with and a bit of background noise and try to make sure he's not in a room where there might be sudden loud noises or flashing lights or weird things like that (fridges, heaters and things that will start and stop suddenly can be frightening for the young ones).

All our recent photos are on Torey's computer... I'll have to send him over here to post some...

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        Post 'em here!
        This is our son, Jasper. He is a 3 year old Siberian Husky who is as smart as smart can be. Communicates with us with nose touches and head bobs. Sh** you not He is amazingly quiet, and an accomplished seat thief and watcher-of-things

10291839_10204153966996280_1661083176092294240_n.jpg

1907628_10204156287054280_4599222811072554089_n.jpg

10294283_10204035472553993_5276066116950284449_n.jpg

Edited: YAY I CAN POST PICTURES NOW

Comment

That is a gorgeous puppy! (Even though he's not a puppy anymore, all dogs are puppies to me. Mine's 12 and she's still my puppy).
          ļæ½Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.ļæ½
          ā€• Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

We're doing pet pics? I shall unleash the chinchilla!!!

Chinchilla kisses are the softest

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3167[/ATTACH]
            CHINNIE!!!! SQUEEEE!!!!

I was really looking at getting one when I was debating my most recent pet (hedgehog, sugar glider, chin). They're just on the expensive side for set-up. But maybe one day!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, camera-shy hedgie incoming:

P2220108-Copy.jpgP2280109-Copy-1.jpgP2280110-Copy.jpg
            P2280116-Copy.jpgP2280111-Copy.jpg

Unfortunately, the only photos I ever seem to get of him are either of him running away from the camera or rushing into the camera. These are from a few months ago, he's a bit bigger, has more white hairs and is fluffier now. If I'm able to get him to sit still, I'll add more photos on a later date.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
              That is a gorgeous puppy! (Even though he's not a puppy anymore, all dogs are puppies to me. Mine's 12 and she's still my puppy).

Thank you

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
              Ok, camera-shy hedgie incoming:
              Wonderful! Hedgies are such great little creatures.

Comment

Unfortunately, the only photos I ever seem to get of him are either of him running away from the camera or rushing into the camera. These are from a few months ago, he's a bit bigger, has more white hairs and is fluffier now. If I'm able to get him to sit still, I'll add more photos on a later date.
                Awwwww he's so cute! What do they feel like? They look spiky, but I've heard that they aren't. I've never even seen one in real life... no one bothers to keep hedgehogs in zoos.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                  Awwwww he's so cute! What do they feel like? They look spiky, but I've heard that they aren't. I've never even seen one in real life... no one bothers to keep hedgehogs in zoos.
                  Only his back has quills, his belly is all fur and if you're holding him right that's (mostly) all you should be feeling. Unless he's grumpy... then he rolls and then they hurt. As long as he's not scared or agitated, his quills lie flat and you can pet him without getting poked. They actually feel kind of like a really light plastic, super smooth and extremely sharp on the end. I wouldn't say he's as soft and fluffy as a hamster, but he has his moments.

P6150126-Copy.jpgP6150128-Copy.jpg

Bath-time and snuggling into the cozy sack after bath-time.

P6150129-Copy.jpg

Comment

Only his back has quills, his belly is all fur and if you're holding him right that's (mostly) all you should be feeling. Unless he's grumpy... then he rolls and then they hurt. As long as he's not scared or agitated, his quills lie flat and you can pet him without getting poked. They actually feel kind of like a really light plastic, super smooth and extremely sharp on the end. I wouldn't say he's as soft and fluffy as a hamster, but he has his moments.
                    Dammit, that whole thing you just said was adorable.
                    I wish my life consisted of baths and cozy time, haha.

- - - Updated - - -

CHINNIE!!!! SQUEEEE!!!!

I was really looking at getting one when I was debating my most recent pet (hedgehog, sugar glider, chin). They're just on the expensive side for set-up. But maybe one day!
                    Yeah, Rocky can be quite a bit to take care of, but chinchillas (especially Rocky, I would like to think) are so intelligent and magical that it makes the whole thing worth it. He really reminds me of a furry little human, sometimes.

Comment

Dammit, that whole thing you just said was adorable.
                      I wish my life consisted of baths and cozy time, haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, Rocky can be quite a bit to take care of, but chinchillas (especially Rocky, I would like to think) are so intelligent and magical that it makes the whole thing worth it. He really reminds me of a furry little human, sometimes.
                      Haha, I wish my life consisted of baths and cozy time too!

I love chinnies, never been able to be around one though. But they're adorable and fluffy!

Comment

Haha, I wish my life consisted of baths and cozy time too!

I love chinnies, never been able to be around one though. But they're adorable and fluffy!
                        I'd love to see a hedgehog in person someday. I like how they kind of trussell about in a very business like fashion. They look like little woodland animals from a fairy tale :3
                        I have a video of Rocky playing in the hallway, maybe I'll upload it later. I also have to clean his cage tonight. But first, your hedgehog reminded me how much I need a nap, haha.

Comment

I'd love to see a hedgehog in person someday. I like how they kind of trussell about in a very business like fashion. They look like little woodland animals from a fairy tale :3
                          I have a video of Rocky playing in the hallway, maybe I'll upload it later. I also have to clean his cage tonight. But first, your hedgehog reminded me how much I need a nap, haha.
                          Oooh VIDEOS!! If you lived closer, or vice versa, we could arrange a play-date! haha My little Janček is a pro at waddling about... ^^

Can chinnies be trained? I tried to get Jancek litter-trained once but he just proceeded to tear up the puppy pads in the pan and use it as bedding, so I gave up after a month. Some hedgies can be trained, mine is just... stubborn. He generally uses his wheel as a litter box now, so it kind of worked out.

Comment

More pet pics .... not the best shot of my aquarium, but close. Fish can be pets too

I will probably take better pics once I figure out the new camera.

12 rummynose
                            15 neon tetra
                            2 bolivian rams
                            2 ivory mystery snail
                            several red dwarf shrimp
                            1 blonde blue eyed fantail bristlenose
                            1 amazingly hardy pygmy cory (a full school is on the way for him)

needle leaf java fern
                            narrow leaf java fern
                            windelov java fern
                            anubias barteri
                            bolbitis
                            christmas/java moss

The larger fish (the bolivians) and the rummynose cannot be seen as they are rather peeved at THE FOOD SPIRIT for bringing some strange contraption near the tank they had never seen before, getting all close and flashing bright lights before said FOOD SPIRIT could figure out how to turn the flash off ...

Comment

Fish are TOTALLY pets too!

I miss having fish. It's one of the first things we'll do when we get our own place. I didn't want to start a tank from scratch here as we're renting and the plan was that we wouldn't rent forever. We've been here four years now and hope it's our last. I just don't want to get a tank established then have to move it and lose half the fish in the move.

Comment

I have pet rats. This is when they were babies!

OsKqa.jpg

Edit: Woops, sorry for the weird triple pic post. First time trying to insert an image.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X